Click Here for the Advanced ASF Search Tool
website template selector
251 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

alberty
Posted on: Today, 11:54 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Group: Moderator Level 2
Member No.: 53,983

You might not get a response about a manual for your gun. Instead, all you need to do is to look up tutorials about M4 AEGs and V2 gearboxes online, as those apply to your gun.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18779890 · Replies: 2 · Views: 25

alberty
Posted on: Today, 10:07 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Check your magazine and your inner barrel for any obvious problems like an irregular BB or something cracked. For these really cheap springer guns, there's really no fix besides getting a new one.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18779878 · Replies: 1 · Views: 90

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 02:46 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (Mikebnj @ Jul 21 2014, 03:02 PM) *
The ROF doesnt matter to me I wont ever be in full auto. Snappy trigger response with no overspin and I am happy as a clam.

You can still use that kind of setup, high speed gear set with high torque motor, to achieve a good trigger response on semi-auto.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779765 · Replies: 9 · Views: 163

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 01:11 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (Shutaro @ Jul 21 2014, 01:37 PM) *
In all my paintball experience, we never found a goggle that was absolutely fog free. Some were worse than others, but many that claimed to be fog proof weren't.

Nothing is really fog-proof, most are marketed as anti-fog.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18779758 · Replies: 11 · Views: 137

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 11:42 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

We can help you if you upload some pictures or even a video to show your issues.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779749 · Replies: 1 · Views: 81

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 10:23 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

When you say you are restricted to 0.20g BBs, do you mean that you're only allowed to use 0.20g BBs in any gun you bring there? Or did you mean to say that the field does their chronograph testing with 0.20g BBs? Usually you are allowed to use any BBs in your own gun once it's been checked to meet the field's FPS limit and any other special rules like bio versus non-bio BBs.
  Forum: Gas Powered Handguns & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779741 · Replies: 9 · Views: 147

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 10:18 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (aflimadimdim @ Jul 21 2014, 10:24 AM) *
Thanks for the tip. I've decided to buy a stock and just upgrade. Are there certain overall lengths I should stick to when looking for a gun? What's your opinion on the best brands I should look for? My budget would probably be $350 or less.

Length is just going to be by your personal preference. If you are unsure, get a standard rifle/carbine length setup, and if you need it to be longer later then you could change the externals easily if it's an M4 AEG because many aftermarket parts are available.

In that price range you can look at brands like VFC, G&P, and King Arms for M4 AEGs.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18779740 · Replies: 7 · Views: 99

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 12:41 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Please do not post duplicate threads in different sections of the forum. I am closing this thread in reference to your identical thread: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/PSG-1-MS...rd-t289533.html
  Forum: Accessories - MISC. AEG Attachments, & Conv... · Post Preview: #18779721 · Replies: 1 · Views: 36

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 12:40 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Did you detach the front section of the outer barrel while you were working on your gun? If so, did you reposition the remainder of the front section correctly?

In my personal experience I have accidentally repositioned the front outer barrel section incorrectly on a G&G M4, so when I tightened its screws the screws actually dug into the inner barrel a little bit. That little amount of indentation was messing up the BB travel from then on, so I had to replace the inner barrel.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779720 · Replies: 2 · Views: 49

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 12:35 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Be aware that the two models you are looking at have the DMR "look", but out-of-the-box they will perform similarly to any other G&P M4 AEG.

In other words, the different external setup and longer inner barrel that comes with those models aren't making them outperform other guns on the field. If you want an effective DMR in airsoft, you need to focus the money on internal upgrades. The externals are pretty much just cosmetic.

Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18779719 · Replies: 7 · Views: 99

alberty
Posted on: Jul 20 2014, 08:33 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

You need to give us more input before we can suggest a good selection for you. For example, it would help if we knew things like:

- Where are you planning to buy the gun from? Are there any restrictions in your country or state that would affect this?
- Are you looking for a good cheap beginner gun, or something on the higher end near the max of your budget?
- Are you looking for a certain configuration, like retractable stock, rail handguard, etc?
- Are you looking for a model that is compatible with all parts & accessories, or are you interested in something with proprietary designs with interesting features?
- Do you need a battery & charger to be included with it?

These are some questions that will help narrow down the choices for you...
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18779660 · Replies: 2 · Views: 71

alberty
Posted on: Jul 20 2014, 08:30 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

The basic for a higher FPS is a stronger spring. When you put in a stronger spring into your gearbox, that produces more stress. The piston slams forward harder than before, and your motor and gears will need to work harder to cycle the piston with the stronger spring. So basically, when you change one part you have to consider how other parts in your gun are affected.

Determine what affects different aspects of your gun's performance and what you need to change. I would advise you look up some existing threads or videos on YouTube that explain some of these items. Don't buy anything or change anything in your gun until you have researched what you would like changed, and then you can consult us for more specific advice.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18779658 · Replies: 3 · Views: 125

alberty
Posted on: Jul 18 2014, 09:56 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I don't remember the exact measurement down to the last millimetre, but usually the inner barrel sticks out past the 14mm tip underneath, extending into the fake compensator. Take a flashlight and look down into the compensator (make the gun safe first). If you can see the front tip of the inner barrel closely, then it's sticking out that much.

From doing a quick Google search of your gun's model name, it might have an inner barrel length of 247mm. I cannot confirm, I don't have that model in my possession to verify.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779437 · Replies: 1 · Views: 54

alberty
Posted on: Jul 18 2014, 09:54 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I can guess a few different things that could be causing you to not be able to shoot in full-auto. Here's a few suggestions, in no specific order:

- check your selector plate, make sure it's lined up correctly with your selector switch, and not damaged or warped out of shape
- check that the selector plate moves freely
- check that your trigger contacts are intact and (if there is one on there), check the metal plate on your selector plate
- check that your cut-off lever is moving freely, so it's not engaging with your sector gear at the wrong time
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779436 · Replies: 2 · Views: 163

alberty
Posted on: Jul 18 2014, 09:50 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Yes, there exist some aftermarket internals. You will most likely need to browse Asia-based retailers for these parts. Do expect things to be out of stock or discontinued though.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779435 · Replies: 13 · Views: 175

alberty
Posted on: Jul 18 2014, 09:49 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What do you define as "good"? Each model gives you a different level of quality versus price, and what kind of setup it has internally.

There's the original Tokyo Marui P90s which have a gentle low-FPS setup and run smoothly. If you're looking to max-up a gun, you probably don't want to use a TM base.

There's the cheap clones by Echo 1 or KS (OEM of the E1). They're typical China-quality but are easy to upgrade and make better.

There's the more expensive clones like King Arms and Classic Army Proline. Better internal quality.

--> One important thing to note, since the P90 is a replica of an FN Herstal gun, if you're buying in the USA then the retailers are restricted to models that are "licensed". As far as I know, the last time I checked you can get a King Arms OEM, Classic Army Sportline OEM, or KS OEM. Check out the different pricing on these licensed P90 AEGs to determine which OEM you would be getting.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18779433 · Replies: 7 · Views: 107

alberty
Posted on: Jul 17 2014, 01:42 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

For this kind of gun, your same questions have been posted and answered many times in the past. Check out the many existing threads in this section or in the Sniper Rifles section that relate to your type of gun.

Just to give you a little direction, the MB04 is internally based on the Maruzen Type 96 (aka L96) series. So, you can install most upgrade parts that are made for Maruzen Type 96 based systems.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779266 · Replies: 1 · Views: 105

alberty
Posted on: Jul 17 2014, 01:30 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I started out airsoft with some friends, but over time they've grown busy so I have made friends with other regular players and newcomers too.

You won't always have friends or family to attend with, but it's easy to befriend someone you meet at your local airsoft place since there's a common interest.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18779262 · Replies: 9 · Views: 274

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 04:07 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (SpiderPig @ Jul 16 2014, 03:35 PM) *
Still looking for a youtube video. Seems like there are so many out there for the ARES and S&T...but hard to find the Elite Force or Umanex ones.

ARES and S&T are the OEM of the Elite Force and Umarex models. The Elite Force and Umarex brands have just rebranded those OEM models with trademarks on them for licensing.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779172 · Replies: 6 · Views: 126

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 12:53 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (SpiderPig @ Jul 16 2014, 11:46 AM) *
Trying to find the website again for it. Do you have any information on how to charging handle side (and the hop up side) and the spring? At this point any information would be good.

For the quick-change spring feature, all you have to do is open up the buttstock cover, use some hex keys/screwdrivers to release the spring guide, swap the springs, and then do the opposite. You may be able to find videos of this on YouTube.

For the charging handle, you need to remove the upper assembly pieces to expose the charging handle parts. There should be something to detach the charging handle from its channel in the front assembly, like a screw or something. Since both sides have the channels for the charging handle, you'll swap it over to the other side.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779150 · Replies: 6 · Views: 126

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 10:03 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Where did you read something about moving the selector switch? I have never heard of the gun having the design to switch the fire selector switch to the other side of the body. I know you can move the charging handle to the other side and change the spring by design already.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18779129 · Replies: 6 · Views: 126

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 10:01 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Most of those AKs-74u AEG that have VFC-style assembly will have the imitation gas tube that your stick battery can sit inside. The CM.045 (with ribbed handguards?) does have that. I think the CM.035 and the DBoys models also have that.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18779128 · Replies: 7 · Views: 96

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 08:37 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

You don't need a battery of the exact same specs, but pretty much the same size and same type of connector are what you should be looking for. Take a picture of what the connector on your gun looks like and we may be able to help you.

Most likely, it's not going to be a connector that is very standard for most airsoft guns.
  Forum: Batteries · Post Preview: #18779117 · Replies: 9 · Views: 129

alberty
Posted on: Jul 16 2014, 08:35 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

This belongs in the Airsoft Items Wanted section, not here in the General Buying & Selling section. I will move this thread for you.
  Forum: Airsoft Items Wanted · Post Preview: #18779116 · Replies: 1 · Views: 63

alberty
Posted on: Jul 11 2014, 04:11 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

If you are new to airsoft, you should first learn about the internals of your gun, what parts affect different performance, and why you should or should not replacement certain parts.

Start with the basics before you spend more money.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18778683 · Replies: 3 · Views: 158

251 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

No New Posts  No New Replies
Hot topic  Hot Topic (New)
No new  Hot Topic (No New)
Poll  Poll (New)
No new votes  Poll (No New)
Closed  Locked Topic
Moved  Moved Topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3