website template selector
252 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 01:54 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Group: Moderator Level 2
Member No.: 53,983

QUOTE (XLJedi @ Jul 29 2014, 12:52 PM) *
This would be a foregrip rail-mount for a front-wired rifle assuming 3 available positions (left/right/lower).

I have seen the PEQ replicas and they strike me as clunky and ugly. I was going more for function and low-profile over looks and was a little surprised that I couldn't actually find something pre-made. ...but I guess the lowest profile solution is to just put the battery in the foregrip as intended.

The M4 rear/stock battery mounts seem to have a pretty decent option available with nylon/velcro battery holders that can strap onto the stock. This might even work on the foregrip location.

Thanks for the feedback though... Was just polling to see if anyone maybe posted up a link or something that was cool/nifty before I declared it non-existant.

Right, a lot of people may use a battery pouch from the stock but that's if their gun has the connector sticking out the rear of the body instead of at the front where the handguards are. You could use a similar pouch or mock foregrip if it's really an issue.

Here's one example of a discrete foregrip battery container: http://www.raptorsairsoft.com/airsoft-fore...ds-battery.html

That one can hold an 8.4v mini NiMH battery or smaller, and it looks like a vertical foregrip. It used to be an item included with some Echo 1 MP5 variants.

(I do not know anything about that website's reputation, I just found the product link on a quick Google search)

The reason there aren't some kind of mass-produced low-profile "discrete" rail-mounted battery container is because to go that discrete you would likely need a lipo battery, and a lot of people instead use NiMH batteries which are bigger and require the bigger sizes.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18780636 · Replies: 3 · Views: 81

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 01:50 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

To what extent does this look bent or out-of-shape? Could you upload a picture?

If there is a serious misshape, then there's a minor chance that could lead to binding, but otherwise it's normal for a long, irregular pitch spring to get some slight bends over time.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780633 · Replies: 1 · Views: 39

alberty
Posted on: Yesterday, 01:47 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I've seen other instances in similar games, or from the same series, in which they seemed to have stuff based on airsoft items too.

One of the basic M4A1s looked like a tan JG M4 S-System. In MW1 and MW3, the "AK-74u" looks like an AK-47S Beta, with that really stubby front end.
  Forum: General Discussion · Post Preview: #18780632 · Replies: 5 · Views: 169

alberty
Posted on: Jul 28 2014, 08:45 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What kind of gun do you have, and what is its setup right now involving externals and the battery space?

It is not uncommon for people to use an external battery storage when having a front-wired gun setup. Usually they will use a PEQ replica, which looks like a laser/light device but is hollow inside to hold a battery. For a relatively small one, you could use a PEQ-15 or similar replica with a small lipo battery.

I can't think of any other commercially-made external rail-mounted battery containers that fit the look you want, but you could try to make something custom.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18780574 · Replies: 3 · Views: 81

alberty
Posted on: Jul 27 2014, 08:23 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

To make sure we are talking about the same issue, are you saying that your gun is basically double-loading BBs? As in, you can pull the trigger on semi-auto mode, the gearbox will cycle once, but you're getting two BBs coming out instead of one?

If so, before going into the gearbox I would suggest you look at your hop-up unit and bucking assembly again. It's possible that they're not reinstalled correctly, allowed excess BBs getting loaded in while you're cycling the gun.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18780434 · Replies: 3 · Views: 148

alberty
Posted on: Jul 27 2014, 08:20 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

The motor could possibly affect noise level but usually something to revisit is your shimming. Did you shim your gears starting by the relationship of the bevel gear and the pinion gear? Often, the most undesirable noise comes from the meshing between the pinion gear and the bevel gear.

Only sometimes will you find that you did your shimming all great and then something else was the cause. For example, maybe the exact shape of your motor's pinion won't be meshing the most ideally with your gear set's bevel gear. Or maybe the pistol grip you're using doesn't give the most ideal angle for your motor's pinion gear to mesh with the bevel gear.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780433 · Replies: 2 · Views: 102

alberty
Posted on: Jul 27 2014, 08:17 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

VFC M4s are known to have the barrel nuts secured extremely tight to the upper receivers. Be aware of that if you intended to get a stock VFC M4 with the intention of swapping out the front assembly right away.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18780431 · Replies: 2 · Views: 79

alberty
Posted on: Jul 27 2014, 08:14 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (sbrochew @ Jul 26 2014, 09:45 PM) *
Does anyone have any recommendations for a workhorse GBB? Something that feels real "ish", decent accuracy and fps but above all just that workhorse that doesn't break? Around $80 to $110?

A gun that "doesn't break" may not really exist. Whether you spend closer to $200 on an expensive Tokyo Marui GBB or closer to $100 with a KJW GBB, either one may experience something wearing down over time from normal usage.

For the lower price range of around $100, I would point toward a KJW Hi-capa. They are compatible with a decent amount of aftermarket parts and most Hi-capa magazines on the market. It comes with metal parts where everything should be metal and on average last longer and perform better out-of-the-box than the similarly-priced WE Hi-capa series.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18780430 · Replies: 8 · Views: 109

alberty
Posted on: Jul 27 2014, 08:10 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Do you have any other buying options, like having a bigger budget? If yes, I would suggest looking at a higher-end brand so you have a gun with better internals to start.

As for the type of gun, the LR300 is cool for being unique, but be aware of the small battery space that's provided from the thin handguard.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18780429 · Replies: 6 · Views: 102

alberty
Posted on: Jul 25 2014, 04:19 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (Bryce t @ Jul 25 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Hi my friend gave me his g36 because he stopped playing airsoft and he had no use for it. The only problem was he had no idea what model it was and who made it. It is full metal, a folding stock and has an ambidextrous mag release and fire selector. Also inside the hand guard there is a ukarms sticker if that helps.

Alright there's a few problems here. You'll need to reclarify your description, and pictures will be the most helpful!

- full metal: all G36 variants are generally not full metal, not even the real ones are. There's a good amount of plastic from the body overall.

- folding stock: all standard G36 "military" variants have a folding stock, not counting the civilian or M4-imitation styles

- ambidextrous mag release and fire selector: this is also standard on all G36 variants

(I pointed these out because many brands have released a G36 replica over time, so you're just naming features that almost all of them share in common, and that doesn't help narrow it down)

But the mention of a UK Arms sticker helps. You may either have a cheap CYMA or DE LPEG, or you may have a CYMA AEG which is a clone of the TM G36 design.

Upload pictures and we can help you more.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18780238 · Replies: 3 · Views: 198

alberty
Posted on: Jul 25 2014, 04:12 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Generally, if it doesn't sound very bad and isn't performing poorly right now, it might be okay. You might have been lucky and that the current shimming/height relationship between your bevel gear and pinion gear might just be okay by luck.

But if you notice performance issues or other things, you then may want to go back in and try again.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780237 · Replies: 3 · Views: 120

alberty
Posted on: Jul 25 2014, 04:09 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (im a jalapeno @ Jul 24 2014, 10:19 PM) *
Okay, thanks guys. I have another high Torque motor. I was just worried about the gearbox. Just don't wanna put a spring In and break some gears or something. I want something reliable.

If you're talking about the internals overall, then I would still say an M120 at most for your stock gearbox. Things that could break over time could be the gearbox shell itself or the piston head, if there's a an extra strong spring in there. Good tuning, sorbo padding, and maybe short-stroking could help contribute to a little more longevity.

Other things like those gears should generally not break unless they're really cheaply made, the piston teeth should be fine unless you run something like an 11.1v lipo (referring to premature engagement) without any tuning, etc...
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780235 · Replies: 6 · Views: 128

alberty
Posted on: Jul 24 2014, 02:58 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Just to check, did you:

1. Log into your PayPal account on their website
2. Go to settings (may look like an icon of a gear)
3. Go to "Payment preferences"
4. Next to "My preapproved payments" click the link that says "Update"
5. Look for any subscription/recurring payment for AirsoftForum, and cancelled or deactivated it?
  Forum: Website Problems & Forum Ideas · Post Preview: #18780124 · Replies: 3 · Views: 90

alberty
Posted on: Jul 24 2014, 12:02 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Do you have a SCAR-L or SCAR-H replica? The DBoys SCAR-L is a clone of the Classic Army SCAR-L and it is known that the reassembly process is difficult in getting the selector gears lined back up properly. You will just need to take your time and be patient in figuring out how to get the gear teeth lined up correctly with each other. When it's all correct, you should not be able to have the selector switch move past the 3 set positions pretty much.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780115 · Replies: 4 · Views: 97

alberty
Posted on: Jul 24 2014, 10:05 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

QUOTE (td0615vfx @ Jul 24 2014, 01:53 AM) *
I just installed new trigger contacts, cut off lever and a new piston and ever since I put the gun back together, I can only shoot semi whether it's on semi or auto and to shoot auto I have to push the pointer off of the options and into the blank area to shoot auto and the shaking makes the selector plate turn and get misaligned even more. I don't understand why it's not shooting how it should since when I shoot with just the pistol grip without the receiver, it shoots auto when it should and semi when it should. As a note I disabled ambidextrous and there are no missing teeth on the selector gears.

Well the problem is exactly as you've stated, your selector switch gear assembly is probably not lined up correctly. If you are able to cycle the gearbox with only the pistol grip and motor attached in both semi-auto and full-auto modes correctly, then the problem is coming when you reassembled the gearbox into your lower receiver assembly, where the alignment of the selector switches and your selector plate comes in. What you've described about the selector switch movement being all wrong seems to make it pretty clear that they're not engaging correctly. Why don't you try again and see if that fixes it?

In case it helps us, what brand is your SCAR gun?
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780100 · Replies: 4 · Views: 97

alberty
Posted on: Jul 24 2014, 10:02 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

How far into the RIS do you want the mock suppressor to reach? In the source picture you've provided, I think that looks like a suppressor put on right to the end of the outer barrel instead of being shrouded by the RIS.

With an 11" RIS, I would guess that a typical 10.5" outer barrel would work with a mock suppressor just slightly being covered by the RIS. If you wanted the threaded tip to stick out past the RIS for the mock suppressor being flush to the end, you could use one of those really short barrel extensions or just find an 11" outer barrel.

For maximum inner barrel length, get the longest outer barrel that matches the look, and consider a mock suppressor that has an "inner tube" that would help shroud and stabilize an inner barrel with some teflon tape or electrical tape wrapped around it.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780099 · Replies: 2 · Views: 112

alberty
Posted on: Jul 24 2014, 09:57 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What is the reason you want to install an EG1000 motor into any of these guns immediately? Some of the guns, such as G&P, already have a similar high speed motor installed.
  Forum: Which Gun Should I Get · Post Preview: #18780098 · Replies: 5 · Views: 105

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 10:33 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Without upgrading any internals, you are probably going to have the parts handle an M120 or M130 spring at the most. I say this in consideration of the stock motor that your CA gun probably has. It won't have as much torque as compared to aftermarket high torque motors, so it may have trouble with really strong springs.
  Forum: Upgrades & Modifications · Post Preview: #18780079 · Replies: 6 · Views: 128

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 04:07 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Hi, sorry you didn't get to cancel the subscription. When you do a subscription in PayPal, there is a default option that automatically renews your monthly subscription every month. You should log into your PayPal account and see if you can find the option where you can turn that setting off.
  Forum: Website Problems & Forum Ideas · Post Preview: #18780005 · Replies: 3 · Views: 90

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 12:42 PM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I'm sure the externals are decent, but I don't know what to expect about the internals until we get people with firsthand experience to share information. Whenever a new model comes out with proprietary internals boasting neat features, it's can be either really good or really bad.

I think the ideas for it are nice, like quick-change spring and MOSFET with other electronics for the trigger system, but only until later will we see how good the quality is. Note that these aren't the first time we've seen these features, but they are becoming more popular in new AEGs which choose to go for a proprietary setup instead of the convention TM-style.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779998 · Replies: 5 · Views: 184

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 08:36 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I think the VFC 416 takes a standard V2 gearbox, which would explain why the Fusion Engine would fit in. The only difference I can think of is that little piece for the bolt-catch assembly that some VFC M4 gearboxes have, but that's cosmetic and is not necessary for the gun's function.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779986 · Replies: 1 · Views: 67

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 01:43 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Search online on some major retailers like Evike or Airsoft GI for example. They're within the US and have fair prices for small item shipments.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779972 · Replies: 2 · Views: 95

alberty
Posted on: Jul 23 2014, 12:37 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Up for sale is a boneyard Tanaka Colt Single-Action Army Revolver.

It is considered boneyard. That means:

- It is not fully functional or intact
- There may be more issues that I don't know about
- I don't know if it can be fully fixed
- I don't know how much it would cost to fully fix it
- I will not fix it for you

This is the version with PEGASUS system and non-quick-detachable cylinder. The grips are wood. You would need the fill extension to put gas into the cylinder.

Basically the plastic body has severely cracked around all of the screws; I have been told this is normal breakage but I do not know 100%. You can still cock the hammer and pull the trigger most of the time, but sometimes you will have to hold the gun together to get everything lined up properly. I don't have the gas fill extension so I don't know if there are any leaks.

A new aftermarket body would solve the body problem. This is a boneyard item, it's sold as-is!

sold

More pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/ri77G
  Forum: Airsoft Items For Sale · Post Preview: #18779965 · Replies: 0 · Views: 125

alberty
Posted on: Jul 22 2014, 11:54 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

You might not get a response about a manual for your gun. Instead, all you need to do is to look up tutorials about M4 AEGs and V2 gearboxes online, as those apply to your gun.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779890 · Replies: 2 · Views: 80

alberty
Posted on: Jul 22 2014, 10:07 AM

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Check your magazine and your inner barrel for any obvious problems like an irregular BB or something cracked. For these really cheap springer guns, there's really no fix besides getting a new one.
  Forum: AEG (Automatic Electric Guns) Rifles & SMGs · Post Preview: #18779878 · Replies: 2 · Views: 176

252 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 

No New Posts  No New Replies
Hot topic  Hot Topic (New)
No new  Hot Topic (No New)
Poll  Poll (New)
No new votes  Poll (No New)
Closed  Locked Topic
Moved  Moved Topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:04 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3