Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just a few small questions
turtletech
post Apr 1 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #1

ASF Citizen

Group: Member
Member No.: 70,573

Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 0 (0%)
Add Feedback for turtletech

I was thinking of doing a minor upgrade to my gun, and upgrading it bit by bit until it works as well as I want it to. The gun is a CYMA M14. The reason I want to upgrade is I found myself outranged in the last game I went to, and want something with a bit more accuracy. So here is what I was wondering.

Would an R Hop make much of a difference?
Can the gun handle a higher power spring, if I choose to upgrade its spring?
Would a Madbull 6.03 or possibly a Systema 6.04 make much of a difference?

I probably wouldn't be upgrading the spring too soon, but I do want to get the gun working a little more effectively with its normal power, as I know upgrading the spring can get costly, due to having to get all sorts of other components.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Apr 1 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #2

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

Group: Forum Administrator
Member No.: 39,247

My Temperament:Melancholy
Your Temperament Score? Trader Rating: 26 (100%)
Add Feedback for airborne101

The R-hop, when properly installed, tends to make a pretty big difference in performance. Either the Madbull or Systema barrel should give you a bit tighter groupings, as well as bump your fps up a bit.

Most guns can handle at least a m120 spring in their stock form. Depending on your motor, you could possibly use an even more powerful one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
turtletech
post Apr 1 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #3

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Apr 1 2012, 07:11 PM) *
The R-hop, when properly installed, tends to make a pretty big difference in performance. Either the Madbull or Systema barrel should give you a bit tighter groupings, as well as bump your fps up a bit.

Most guns can handle at least a m120 spring in their stock form. Depending on your motor, you could possibly use an even more powerful one.

Do you know which type of barrel would be better? Also, this would be with the CYMA stock motor for the M14. I don't really know how powerful it is.

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Apr 1 2012, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Personally I would choose the Madbull, however there are several people on this forum that use the Systema and have good results. In the end, you probably wont be able to tell a difference unless you put the gun in a vice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
turtletech
post Apr 1 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #5

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Apr 1 2012, 08:07 PM) *
Personally I would choose the Madbull, however there are several people on this forum that use the Systema and have good results. In the end, you probably wont be able to tell a difference unless you put the gun in a vice.

I just looked it over, and found that the only companies that make barrels cut for the M14 (remember, it is a bit unique, which is a real pain) are Prometheus and EdGI. So I think I would have to go with the $66 prommy when I get an inner barrel. Not a big deal, but I will need to get some cash to get that.

+Quote Post
greg70
post Apr 1 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #6

ASF Citizen

Member No.: 75,072

Add Feedback for greg70

QUOTE (turtletech @ Apr 1 2012, 09:19 PM) *
I just looked it over, and found that the only companies that make barrels cut for the M14 (remember, it is a bit unique, which is a real pain) are Prometheus and EdGI. So I think I would have to go with the $66 prommy when I get an inner barrel. Not a big deal, but I will need to get some cash to get that.

The r-hop allows you to use less-than-ideal barrels and still get pretty good range and accuracy, so with that being said, don't bother getting an expensive barrel. Besides, if you're going to spend $60+ then just get one of these: http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php?ma...products_id=127

--------------------
-GR3G-

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Apr 1 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (greg70 @ Apr 1 2012, 08:31 PM) *
The r-hop allows you to use less-than-ideal barrels and still get pretty good range and accuracy, so with that being said, don't bother getting an expensive barrel. Besides, if you're going to spend $60+ then just get one of these: http://clandestineairsoft.com/index.php?ma...products_id=127

The problem (which I completely forgot) is that TM style M14's (CYMA, UTG, AGM, TM, G&P) all use a barrel that is cut different from your normal AEG cut barrel. This severely limits your options in barrels as turtletech stated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
turtletech
post Apr 1 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #8

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Apr 1 2012, 09:04 PM) *
The problem (which I completely forgot) is that TM style M14's (CYMA, UTG, AGM, TM, G&P) all use a barrel that is cut different from your normal AEG cut barrel. This severely limits your options in barrels as turtletech stated.

Just a small question, do you know if its shorter or longer than the standard window as for the hop up bucking window? I was considering installing an R-hop, but I don't want to have to dremel it out. Mostly because I know I would severely screw myself over. And because I don't think I have a dremel tool.

Oh, also, what sort of FPS do you usually get with an M120? I want to be sure it is below 425 FPS. My local field allows rifles up to that, but past that, you have to only be able to use semi, and you have to use real cap mags, which are relatively expensive to obtain for the M14. You pretty much have to buy a box set of Star magazines.

This post has been edited by airborne101: Apr 2 2012, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Apr 2 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #9

The barre window is the same. It is the C clip notches on the barrel that are different IIRC.

A M120 spring puts out in the 390-400fps range. A M130 puts out in the 425fps range.

--------------------

+Quote Post
turtletech
post Apr 2 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #10

ASF Citizen

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Apr 2 2012, 10:37 AM) *
The barre window is the same. It is the C clip notches on the barrel that are different IIRC.

A M120 spring puts out in the 390-400fps range. A M130 puts out in the 425fps range.

Okay. Do you know what sort of spring the gun comes with? Mine kinda surprised me with its FPS. It is about 375 stock. Anyway, I might be getting one. I have to find the cash of course. Everything that is cool costs money.

+Quote Post
airborne101
post Apr 2 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #11

You probably have a M120. If you fix the air leaks in the gun, you could probably bump that up a bit, and may find that you don't need a new spring.

--------------------

+Quote Post
verisimilitude
post Apr 2 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #12

New Year, new me

Group: Moderator Level 2
Member No.: 50,503

Add Feedback for verisimilitude

Consider the Prometheus ASH for M14. It's 6.05 but don't let that put you off. I have one in my Mk12 MOD 0, and it performs like a champ.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...mm_M14_Only.htm

--------------------
Some pics from the collection: Eight Different M16s and M4s & Ten Pistols

********************************************************************************
For an account of recent experiences with barrel nuts, receiver threads, front rails, and the different sizes of R.S., airsoft metric, and G&P imperial, see here: Barrel nuts and receiver threads

+Quote Post
turtletech
post Apr 2 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #13

ASF Citizen

Do you have any comparison? Also, how much would it cost to import one into the U.S.? I have been thinking about getting one, but I would like to know how the accuracy is with it. The barrel bore makes no difference to me. Only accuracy matters.

+Quote Post

to add your banner to our network, click here
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Armory Tech Airsoft FoxAirsoft.com AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com ACMGear.com
AsiaAirsoft.com YZH.hkm TrinityAirsoft.com AirsoftRC.com eHobby Asia Vote for us
to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you enjoy using this website, please please support us financially with a small donation or upgrade your account. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend about us and share us on your favorite social networking website.

content copyright AirsoftForum.com 2003-2013 an Airsoft Forum, Airsoft Chat Room, Airsoft Auctions, Airsoft Reviews, and Airsoft Classified Ads Community
Get your discount from Armory Tech Airsoft
Get airsoft guns and more with award winning customer service at Trinity Airsoft
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
Professional Airsoft Solutions
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3