to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Thread Crapping And Bad Grammar

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

so yea I just got into the whole sport not too long ago im getting the Interceptor Package from http://www.shortyusa.com/
came out to 100 bucks for 3000 bbs the gun speed loader and a 50 rnd clip I do plan on getting a AEG when ever I can find some ppl to play with and have time to devote I maily got the aug cuz well it was on sale an came with mad bbs so I can get some control with aim and such mainly just to have a lil fun in the back yard lol but yea im rly interested in playing im soon to be 21 in aug I have a van and can transport the stats for that gun I got are
# Operation: Spring
# Fire mode(s): Manual cocking
# Muzzle velocity: 260 fps w/ .2g
# Effective range: 150 feet
# Ammo type: .2g to .25g
# Hop Up: Adjustable
# Weight: 4.75 lbs
# Magazine capacity: 50 rds
# Length: 31.5 inches
# Comes with orange tip

and ive always like augs

the gun I have my heart set on is an m14 I saw one also on shortyusa that I will probably pick up like I said when I get some ppl together or find some near me already situated but yea let me know whats up pls give me some input im an ex pb player if that helps we played woodsball mainly nothing big but now that im older I think I would rly enjoy this a-cool.gif

Edited by admin, 23 March 2008 - 03:51 PM.
title edit

#2 Choffman10

Choffman10

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well, most important things first: use proper grammar, I can literally not understand you. The other thing is you said you'll be playing backyard airsoft, I believe... that's against rules here at ASF. I suggest you reading them.

Reported.

#3 Doc

Doc
  • Interests:Trained SWAT Medic<br />NR EMT-B

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

please clean up your grammar, you are 20 years old typing like a 12 year old. You will get greater responses by using correct grammar.

as choffman said, the discussion of backyard airsoft is not condoned on this forum as it is very dangerous. Find yourself an airsoft field that is already up and running and go play there.

Welcome to ASF. Theres plenty of stickied topics to look at on the boards that can answer most of your questions.
If you need to contact me, my AIM is always on. aim: thominatorX
Doc's Guide to CQB | Guide to Heat Injuries | How to treat for Shock | Doc's M14

#4 hawkeyes39

hawkeyes39
  • Interests:Organized sports, Rock Climbing, Hiking, Outdoors stuff, Reading about WWII, Acting, Airsoft, Paintball, and many other things.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

I would suggest getting the Super 9 Pro V2 Tactical.
It's a very good rifle, costs about the same, and will dominate in any skirmish.
New guys: If you have a "which gun" question, feel free to send me a message, and I will be glad to help you. Feel free to PM me for any other question as well.

PM me for help with lipo questions.

sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by paid sponsors, use your profile page

#5 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hello Demonx0.... sorry for the thread crapping here in your post... these guys do have a point to what they are saying, but I think I will try to clarify exactly what it is they have a problem with just in case its not clear. they're not trying to be dillholes, or rude, they just want to protect the integrity of what is posted here at Airsoftforum.com .

First of all... WELCOME to ASF....

QUOTE (choffman10 @ Mar 6 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, most important things first: use proper grammar, I can literally not understand you. The other thing is you said you'll be playing backyard airsoft, I believe... that's against rules here at ASF. I suggest you reading them...

Easy killer... maybe try explaining it for the guy. Yes backyard airsoft is not a good idea in the City Limits - check our pinned topics for more information about this. You need to be on private area way from public view or on a public designated play-field or else you might catch hell from the local police department.

QUOTE (Doc @ Mar 6 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please clean up your grammar, you are 20 years old typing like a 12 year old. You will get greater responses by using correct grammar.

ouch. perhaps he could use a little guidance instead of ridicule?

Ok Second thing I wanted to suggest for you Demonx0 is this... "Run-On SentencesĒ: those are a problem so here is how you fix them. Run-on sentences are words and words and words without commas or periods. You have to break up thoughts into chunks of information that the reader can absorb and understand. You do this basically by describing a thought or a statement and then end it (give the reader a chance to catch his breath). Then you give them the next bit of information and if itís a long thought, you can separate the two ideas in that same sentence with a comma such as I have just done in this sentence you are reading right now.

Another very important thing is to break up long-winded posts, or long winded stories. It is very difficult for a reader to tackle a large block of text, reading word after word; sentence and sentence without a break. So what you do is; you break up your thoughts and stories into paragraphs of no more than 3 to 5 sentences each paragraph. Once you have said what you wanted to say in a sentence, start a new one. Once you have 3, 4 or 5 sentences in your story or message, start a new paragraph Ė just as I am doing right now.

Also, take note that you are in no way the first person to have a problem with this. This is pretty much an ongoing problem around here where people post unintelligible messages all the time and I think this probably tries the patience of a lot of other members (which is why it seems that they are cracking down on you too hard. For that I apologize and this is the very reason I wanted to take a few minutes to explain this as opposed to let you go off half cocked after just having your new topic crapped in and a number of members attacking you personally.

They donít mean to be attacking or insulting you personally, I promise. Also, I can pretty much guarantee to you that there are hundreds of other people reading my words right here thinking, ďInteresting, I did not know that.Ē So mark my words, you are not alone and donít take the above comments personal.

Here is how I might have worded your original post or topic, but just a tad bit differently:

Hi Guys,

I just got into the whole sport not too long ago and Iím getting the Interceptor Package from http://www.shortyusa.com/. The price was about 100 bucks for the gun, 3000 bbs, a speed loader, and a 50 rnd (magazine). I do plan on getting an AEG whenever I can find some people to play with and have the time to devote to it.

I mainly got the AUG because it was on sale an came with mad bbs. That way I can practice and get some control over aiming the thing. I mainly just want to have a lil fun in the back yard lol, but Iím really interested in playing with teams and other people. Iím going to be 21 in August and I have a van that I can transport, so that way I can get back and forth to different events with other players.

The stats for that gun that I got are as follows:

# Operation: Spring
# Fire mode(s): Manual cocking
# Muzzle velocity: 260 fps w/ .2g
# Effective range: 150 feet
# Ammo type: .2g to .25g
# Hop Up: Adjustable
# Weight: 4.75 lbs
# Magazine capacity: 50 rds
# Length: 31.5 inches
# Comes with orange tip

No to mention, but Iíve always like AUGís anyway, soÖ

The gun I have my heart set on is an M14. I saw one of those on shortyusa also. I will probably pick that one up like I said when I get some ppl together or find some near me already. So let me know whatís up pls and give me some input. Iím an ex PB player if that helps. We played woods ball mainly but nothing too serious. Now that Iím a little older, I think I would really enjoy Airsoft and playing with others who know what their doing as well. a-cool.gif

.....so with all that said, (again) welcome to ASF. And please don't take offense to what happened in this thread.
Posted Image
Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#6 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

well that was a rather warm welcome I got there.sorry about the grammar,im just custom to online talk.I thinks its getting to me lol.but when I said backyard I dint mean nothing more then target practice.I have a rather large backyard and a fence surrounding my house , it would be rather privet more or less for my entertainment and nothing more.but did ya really lay it down like that guys?I'm sure u have good reason to with all the time new players prob just asking too many questions,but all I really did was introduce myself to your forum.Well yea I don't have the best grammar but was ridicule really necessary?I'd like to thank admin for clearing things up for me but like I said im new,I will not be asking dumb question's I just wanted to put myself out there. a-confused.gif a-confused.gif a-confused.gif

#7 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for understanding and thanks for the reply. I think a lot of the problem is that when people hear the phrase, "backyard airsoft" they immediately think about 6 guys dressed up in BDU's sneaking around from backyard to backyard in the middle of the city.

Not only are "air-guns" not allowed to be fired in most city limits, but you can imagine the paranoia when Mrs. Johnson sees six military guys sneaking around behind her house with "assault rifles". See what I mean? So when people hear that, they right away have knee-jerk reactions and start in with the bashing and thread crapping sometimes, but we are working to stop people from doing this. I think it more beneficial to actually explain the situation than just post something rude.

The grammar thing gets under a lot of people's skin because there is a lot of "l33t speak" going around where young people think its actually hip or cool to speak in coded, (sometimes unintelligible) text and broken sentences. While it might make a person sound cool in Elementary or Junior High school around friends, in the real world people sound illiterate.

One thing a lot of young people tend to not realize is that when you speak people listen to what you say and the words you use tell them about your education. If you sound illiterate, people are automatically going to think you are stupid or ignorant. I think people should really evaluate how it is they sound when speaking and decide for themselves if they want to sound educated or illiterate. On the Internet, we all have the anonymity to be whoever we want to be, but the words we type in a chat room or discussion board really do tell our readers how smart we are (or are not).

The drawback to this of course, is that often times members on large forums tend to become somewhat of an elitist without realizing it and begin to bash and insult others without really thinking before they start pecking away at the keyboard. We all have to keep ourselves in check at times because weíre all guilty of this, but thatís what a community like AirsoftForum.com is forÖ To help each other... to help them with Airsoft issues and to help them with other issues such as I am trying to do right now if or when needed.

Hope this helps, and we hope you find a new home here with us at ASF.
Posted Image
Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#8 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hey man its cool I understand.I like how you explained everything to me.On a higher note I found a Facility to play at near me a-grin.gif . the site is http://softairnj.com ,if interested.

#9 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

well since thats all fixed,all I have to do now is get a good started gun with a budget max 250 . I have had my eye on a few m 14's that look nice but I don't know I haven't had any input on them.Some time I will look into a side arm but for now I don't think I need one.So if you have any suggestions please feel free. a-grin.gif

#10 TH611

TH611

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (demonx0 @ Mar 8 2008, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well since thats all fixed,all I have to do now is get a good started gun with a budget max 250 . I have had my eye on a few m 14's that look nice but I don't know I haven't had any input on them.Some time I will look into a side arm but for now I don't think I need one.So if you have any suggestions please feel free. a-grin.gif

This is kinda sorta a which gun question, which is against the rules. In the future, it would be better to narrow it down to 2 or 3 guns. But whatever, I'll help you out.

If you are looking for a M14, Tokyo Marui makes a very good one. It is a little bit out of your price range, though. http://www.poweredge...uct.asp?ID=3397

A better option would be to go for the G&G M14 or the Cyma M14.

I have heard very good things about the G&G, but I'll let someone who has experience with it chip in here. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3084

The Cyma is the cheapest option, but is still very good. It is regarded as one of the, if not the best MPEG's available. Very good gun for the price. I have this one, and I like it much more than my Echo1/Dboys. It is well within your price range, too. http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2910

Edited by TH611, 08 March 2008 - 10:19 AM.

#11 flimsybacon

flimsybacon

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

good taste in guns man just make sure that the M14 u might get is aeg full auto

#12 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm actually starting to rethink getting an m14 tight now.I have stumbled upon the Echo 1 G36C ver 3, and it seems not to disappoint.I cant find it in stock any where,says they will be out march 20th.So instead of asking a decent gun I instead ask for a solid site to order from?And I thank TH611 for the suggestions but if I get an m14 I want the TM model,and I cant fit that in the budget right now.I'm also looking for some decent gear,so if any one knows some where I can find some basic stuff to start with also feel free to jot that down for me.Thanks a-cool.gif

#13 z.dagger

z.dagger
  • Interests:Airsoft, computers, work, and raising my kid.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

My friend has been wanting an m14 for a long time now and has done some research on it. For around $130 bucks you can get a midgrade m14 from UTG see link:

http://www.airsplat....-SOFT-M14EW.htm

We have ordered from this site before and have had no bad experiences to date. :)
P.S. Mid-grade means it's usually a "clone" of a high cost brand name gun. midgrade also means it's got a metal gearbox, so that you can upgrade and replace parts if something breaks internally.
Z
BDU's
CA G36 upgraded to 360 to 380 FPS (with a .25) 590mm tightbore and silencer to cover the longer barrel
SW C02 pistol
ITS black left handed Tac Vest
IPB Image
IPB Image

#14 Heywood

Heywood

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

I've been pretty interested in an M14 lately too (although today I changed my mind and now I want a JG G3 lol), but I think the Cyma is better. Search for reviews on these forums and also check out this CYMA M14 review on youtube (2 parts). If I were to get a mid-priced M14 it would definitely be the cyma. But don't get a KART, I read they're crap.... but you could double-check that.

About your first post, I think some people here were being pretty harsh on you. Yes good grammar is important but only in the sense that people should be able to understand what your saying. I understood what you were saying just perfectly, but maybe that's just cuz I've seen MUCH MUCH WORSE excuses for "english." Also, I dunno why people freaked out so much over "backyard" airsoft. I agree completely with not running around in public view with a realistic looking gun, but I saw nowhere in your post that said you were in public view. I mean, I play airsoft in my backyard all the time. I even shoot real shotguns in my backyard when the mood strikes me. But then again, I live out in the sticks and I'm surrounded by farmland...

Welcome to ASF, and quite honestly I'd have stopped coming to these forums if it were me being met with the first two replies in this thread. I played a korean MMORPG for 3 years with people who spoke anything but good english, so maybe I'm just too used to imperfect english...
I can (and do) brandish and fire real rifles, shotguns, and pistols in my backyard. But as soon as I take out an orange-tipped airsoft gun, I'm breaking the law.

#15 demonx0

demonx0

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

yea im not for the whole public view thing my self.I don't think I was clear with what I said,merely meant target practice in the back yard lol.as for the m14 im going to wait a while as ive said.thanks for the suggestions,but I think im going to stick with the g36c by echo 1 for my first.After some time I will buy into the tm m14 but right now I want to try the field a bit.
gun.gif

#16 Mekial

Mekial
  • Interests:Computer gaming, Computer building, and totally badass Airsoft guns

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

If there has ever been a gun to recommend, and because you obviously like bullpup style weapons, I put my money on the ARMY R85A1. It used M-16/M-4 mags so they are cheaper and easier to find. And it has a barrel the same size as AUG / M-16 (510 mm), full steel body and preupgraded. WAY better than any AUG I have ever seen. The AUG aeg uses a ver. 3 gearbox too, which is good, but the L85A1 gearbox breaks down easier and splits into a lower and upper piece. And the gun field strips so easily, I can break it down in half and remove the barrel by pulling out 1 pin.
Thats my 2 cents, and it will undercut your budget too! It's only about $160 if you find a good retailer. I got mine from Airsplat.com (free shipping too). a-laugh.gif
H&K, FN Herstal make really good gunz: H&K MP7, H&K Mk 23 SOCOM, H&K PSG-1, H&K G36c, G36k, G36e,

G36ke, FN 2000, FN P90, FN 5-7, FN FAL (its ok)

IPB Image

#17 ShadowStepAirsoftTeam

ShadowStepAirsoftTeam
  • Interests:airsoft, computers, battlefield 2, anything that requires strategy.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

www.freewebs.com/shadowstepairsoft

for more information on our team and where we play. were in n.c. inbetween raleigh and wilmington. were recruiting new members so send us a message at ShadowStepAirsoftTeam@<PLEASE DO NOT POST YAHOO ACCOUNTS IN YOUR MESSAGES> and type "Airsoft Recruit" in the title box so we will know its not spam or anything. thank you.

#18 e-chihnairsoft

e-chihnairsoft

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (choffman10 @ Mar 6 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, most important things first: use proper grammar, I can literally not understand you. The other thing is you said you'll be playing backyard airsoft, I believe... that's against rules here at ASF. I suggest you reading them.

Reported.

how is it illegal to play backyard airsoft. As long as you have permission from the property owners and are following local, state, and federal laws you will be fine.

QUOTE (admin @ Mar 7 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only are "air-guns" not allowed to be fired in most city limits...

I never though I'd see an admin spitting stuff so untrue

Its is perfectly legal to shoot an airgun in the city. Just saying it is not is a complete and utter lie. BB guns, pellet guns etc are all legal to shoot and own in the city... as long as you are playing by the rules and on your own property... or have permission to use a specific property you are fine.

It is also fine to build your own bb or pellet gun as really, there are no laws about tinkering with toys... There are limits to how far you can go tho.

The funny thing is this site is the most made fun of for people taking things a tad too seriously. Not talking safety etc, just talking simple things like posts, necroposting, typos etc. This is NOT a school, NOT a workplace, and NOT an employer... so I don't know why any of you guys whine about the stuff you do.

Now if any of that gets me reported well I could care less...

Edited by e-chihnairsoft, 14 September 2008 - 06:59 PM.

Asahi M16a2
JAC m16a1 vietnam (no forward assist!!!!)
JAC Xm177e2
JAC MP5a4/3
Western Arms SV Infinity Xcel 3.9 2 tone
Tokyo Mauri Hard Kick Desert Eagle

#19 e-chihnairsoft

e-chihnairsoft

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

O and btw if airguns were so illegal to shoot in the city, then why does pretty much every sporting good store in the country sell bb guns to pellet guns. DOH!
Asahi M16a2
JAC m16a1 vietnam (no forward assist!!!!)
JAC Xm177e2
JAC MP5a4/3
Western Arms SV Infinity Xcel 3.9 2 tone
Tokyo Mauri Hard Kick Desert Eagle

#20 Onikozah

Onikozah
  • Interests:Cars, Hockey, Basketball, drawing cars, playing my bass guitar, airsoft obviously. Also, I'm not Asian, my name is just some made up word.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Do you guys realize how old this thread is?

And shadow this is no place to advertise your team man. Especially in a thread that's months old

Edited by Onikozah, 14 September 2008 - 07:07 PM.

One of ASF's most popular sig makers...is locked out of the Sig Request Forum.

#21 sora4502

sora4502
  • Interests:Duh Airsoft what else would I be using an Airsoft Forum Site for?

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

bump
[Dodge] 3:16 pm: Dude...that Rick guy on Pawn Stars is a douche
[Dodge] 3:18 pm: Car JFK was shot in? Let me call a guy I know who is an expert on cars JFK was shot in.

[zendell] 7:05 pm: I want to be in more sigs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users