to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Reusing BB's?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 anthocool

anthocool
  • Interests:Football, Golf, Airsoft, Cars, Computers, Snowmobiles.

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:12 PM

Hello. I know that you arent suppose to reuse bb' that you have fired. But ive fired bb's off, and examined them, and they look normal, they are perfectly round, and have no marks or anything on them. And if you do reuse them, what can it do to your gun? I am using spring guns by the way. Thanks a lot!

#2 Domskidan

Domskidan

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

If there just springers yeah id say your fine just don't do that in an AEG it could break it, also if a bb is defourmend don't fire it at all.

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:27 PM

Heres the problem with re-using BBs in an AEG.

Microscopic dust/dirt particles lodge on the BB when it hits the ground. While one may not effect it, two may not effect it, three may not effect it, after about 500 rounds the performance of your gun WILL be diminished. I used to pick up my BBs and use them in my TM. I did this for about two months, when I noticed that the BBs were curving to the left, right, up, down...everywhere. I thought my hop-up was screwed up. I removed the barrel, looked down it, and was in shock. It was COVERED with dirt build up. After I cleaned that out, the gun was STILL not firing correctly. It turns out that something was lodging onto the BBs and slowly erroding the barrel. I had to buy a new barrel because of this. While the barrels are inexpensive, it's still annoying. Plus...6mm BBs are CHEAP. There is no reasy why you should want to re-use them.

#4 Guest_BattlePriest_*

Guest_BattlePriest_*

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:39 PM

Magnum is correct.... BB re-use is bad...

and examined them, and they look normal, they are perfectly round, and have no marks or anything on them.

The amount of disformation that can cause jams and curving bbs cannot be seen with the human eye.

#5 redor

redor
  • Interests:Airsoft Football Cars

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:53 PM

that ended up happening to my tm ebb. I cant really see whats going on, but now the gun barrelly shoots, and when it does it chops the bbs up real good. now it goes aroud 5 fps. good thing im gettin a gas :P
signatures are for people who have enough in life to just leave a part of it behind

#6 Guest_BattlePriest_*

Guest_BattlePriest_*

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:07 PM

You got Gas?

w00t2.gif rolleyes.gif

Toilet humor.. don't ya love it... B)

#7 Guest_g-money_*

Guest_g-money_*

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:43 PM

I have a spring gun pistol and I reuse bbs all the time. It s only a spring gun so I just don't really care if it breaks. I only use it to mess around with. So u might as well just reuse bbs to save money. unless you are serious with your spring gun. Just never re-use them in an aeg.

#8 Guest_f22flyboy_*

Guest_f22flyboy_*

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:10 PM

I do all my target shooting inside, and built myself a nice little cardboard target and trap out of all the old (airsoft) shipping boxes. I take all the BBs I've shot with my gas guns and put them in a bowl, and then use them with my springers, or give them to my roomates and friends who all have springers. But yeah they definitely deform and after a while of shooting the flight paths can be... interesting.

#9 Guest_getnormal_*

Guest_getnormal_*

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:56 AM

this is not to much of aproblem in gas pistols but in aeg's you shoudnt. Howver don't EVER us a bb that is craked or bent in anyway. If oyur worried about losing your bb's suggest you order bulk bb's from www.airsoft atalnta.com or any other site. Inertia bb's work great look em up there.

#10 Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:25 PM

inertia bb's are known as black death bb's...only because they're black and cause your aeg to die. now I personally haven't had problems with my 1/2 bag of inertia's, but the other people in chicago that used a couple of bags thru their aegs, all were complaining that they had to fix their aeg for some reason or another.

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:36 PM

Personally, I use the Airsoft Elite BBs. I like Inertia, but the KSC Bio and the TM BBs are alright, too.

#12 Domskidan

Domskidan

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:07 PM

TM BBs are alright, too.

I remember the first time I used Tokyo marui bb's, I was fireing my AEG with .12 that I thought were .24's realy the only reason it said 24 was because it was 24 of an inch. any way after usering those I desided too give my tm .25s a rip and they were a milion time more accurete then the other bb's I definitly want to buy a bag of tm .25's they are great, but exspensive.

#13 bubba

bubba

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

:bleh Could I reuse a bb with a gas pistol?

#14 Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:47 AM

Originally posted by bubba@Mar 21 2004, 12:17 AM
:bleh Could I reuse a bb with a gas pistol?

if you don't care about it and don't mind it doing bad things.

#15 Ra1j1n

Ra1j1n

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:38 AM

What if I just shot in my room to my closet.....(trust me, my room is preeetty big).... can reuse the bbs then??

#16 Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Guest_BiGGieNick_*

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Ra1j1n@Mar 21 2004, 09:38 AM
What if I just shot in my room to my closet.....(trust me, my room is preeetty big).... can reuse the bbs then??

if you don't care about your gun and don't mind it doing bad things.

if you have a springer, then it's fine to reuse bb's...cuz a springer is cheap.

#17 Hark

Hark

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

I'm confused, is the reason you shouldn't reuse BBs because the gun inflicts minor 'dinks' in the BB or because the ground they touch has dirt that makes the BBs completely uneven when they thouch the ground?

#18 hippykiller66

hippykiller66

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:36 PM

Both
If the BB has enough force when it hits omething, it may cause a deformation. and these should not be reused.
Also dirt in your barrel can cause perforamnce issues as stated by Magnum

#19 Hark

Hark

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:40 PM

If the BBs were just spilled, parhaps, I suppose these are no good, then? Sorry to ask, just being to cheap to buy more BBs untill I have to.

#20 hippykiller66

hippykiller66

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:59 PM

Thats a good question, which I don't know the answer to...I guess my answer would be just don't spill your BB's

#21 TheAngryDrunkenRussian

TheAngryDrunkenRussian

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:56 AM

to me its bad luck to pick up spent bb's. Call me supersticus (can't spell at 7 am) I never did that in airsoft cause I learned my lesson from being a paintball newbie.

wacko.gif :angry3

#22 Guest_BattlePriest_*

Guest_BattlePriest_*

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:02 AM

Originally posted by Hark@May 2 2004, 08:40 PM
If the BBs were just spilled, parhaps, I suppose these are no good, then? Sorry to ask, just being to cheap to buy more BBs untill I have to.

I would say it depends on where you spilled them. If you spilled them on a clean table or floor...Id say then go ahead and use them... if you spilled them on the ground, or on a dusty, grimy or dirt covered surface.. don't use them.

#23 hippykiller66

hippykiller66

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

One time my wole bag of BB's spilled in the field, man I was pissed when I had to pay another $15 for another

#24 DWells55

DWells55
  • Interests:Airsoft, Halo 2, PCs, gaming, paintball, friends, etc.

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

[quote]Originally posted by BattlePriest+May 3 2004, 07:02 AM-->
QUOTE (BattlePriest <AT> May 3 2004, 07:02 AM)
IPB Image
Airsoft Innovations Propane Adapter Review
Tokyo Marui P90 TR - Primary Weapon - 280 FPS
KWC Desert Eagle Two-Tone GBB Pistol - Sidearm - 380 FPS

#25 hippykiller66

hippykiller66

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

Originally posted by DWells55@May 3 2004, 07:26 PM
Mine got kind of dusty from being spilled, so I put them in a strainer, rinsed em with water, and let 'em dry.  Seem to fire fine out of my GBB, and they were fairly cheap ones, so I just use 'em for shooting cans and targets.

But as Magnum said before
Microscopic dust/dirt particles lodge on the BB when it hits the ground.

So even if you put if throug a strainer, there could still be dust/dirt on the BB

#26 DWells55

DWells55

Posted 03 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

Does it really matter? I was only using them for target practice...
IPB Image

#27 colin28

colin28

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:12 AM

why not to re-use bbs..........

you put it in your mag, clip it into the gun, pull back your slide (all the cheap springer fans) pull the trigger bang, where the f**king bb?............... slide again, bang, no bb....... take it apart to find 2 squashed bbs jammed in your barrel. now 1 pennys worth of bbs has cost you the time to take your cheap springer apart, and also 20 to buy a new 1.

as for AEGs, anyone who has spent 250 on a gun doesnt really want a bb that cost them nothing destroying their gun, so thats just common sense, throw the little ball away.

I never re use bbs in any of my guns, jsut for the simple fact, IT WILL BREAK, maybe not first time, but one time it will.

#28 antiloser2001

antiloser2001

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

don't REUSE BBS IN YOUR AEG, EVER! I did that with my TM famas after playing, eventually, but slowly, my gun started gettin nasty. Took it apart. Barrel was corrupted. Put new barrel in......... OOPS! HOW THE HECK DO I PUT THIS THING BACK TOGETHER? So right then and there was the death of my Famas.
"When life gives you lemons, take them, cause hey! Free lemons!"

#29 BlackJack

BlackJack

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:22 PM

Never.. I repeat NEVER re-use bb's. They can/will damage your gun...

BB's arn't that expensive anyway, why re-use? plasma.gif
IPB Image

#30 whoopsies

whoopsies

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

ok so main thing is don't USE BB's unless in a springer????? even though its inside shooting paper /w your gas??? ?_? :mellow: :mellow:

#31 RusStyPatRick

RusStyPatRick

Posted 23 July 2004 - 10:43 PM

Woh I don't even think I was around when this thread was started....

#32 Banoo

Banoo

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:23 PM

I had a Sig Sauer HFC Springer and I reused BB's all the time, it's completely fine! EXCEPT NOT! It screwed that gun over so bad, now it's inaccurate and everything.

THe moral of this story, don't REUSE BB"S EVER!

#33 airsoft_x99

airsoft_x99

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:36 PM

Yea basically don't reuse BB's unless if its a springer, since springs are so cheap. But don't use it in AEG at all!

#34 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco
  • Interests:Video games, AirSoft (dur), er... Reading... Watching Myth Busters and History Channel?

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:11 PM

Well, the way I see it, you might spend $20 on a springer, and then save $30 by re-using BBs... If that's the case, I'd re-use them, but I wouldn't dare re-use BBs in even an UHC MP5 SD3. a $45 gun, and the gun'd be screwed over way before you could save the value of it.
In this world there is a schism
between all those that are born,
and every man holding to his ism,
is between two parties torn.

And every man must umpire
which party he will tout-
Either those that start the fires,
or those that put them out.

#35 BlackJack

BlackJack

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:52 PM

To actually save the money of the gun, I would have to recover over 16,000 bb's.. umm I don't know about you, but I really don't fire that many in target practice.. maby in a year.. but really, if you have a springer/mini-electric, go ahead, don't worrie about saving as much as the gun is worth, just think about saving.

I made a bb' trap with a reciever so you can hook a pale to it, and all the bbs go down a tube into the bucket, then I wash them, dry them, and expect each bb.. well sometimes I just say, "looks good enough" and dump them in.

Throughout my examinine bb's, out of 4000 I've found about 100-200 bad ones, example of a bad one, deformed, gouges, etc.

GeneralJim
IPB Image

#36 BlooDthiRsty

BlooDthiRsty

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:30 PM

BB reuse = BIG no no... :jump:

#37 Guest_Bluedonkey_*

Guest_Bluedonkey_*

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:43 AM

So Basically the safest thing to do is NOT to reuse BB's. Right?

#38 DWells55

DWells55

Posted 14 August 2004 - 03:24 AM

Basically. Unless it's a cheap gun you don't care about. I have a $3 CYMA Luger I screw around with for fun. I never actually use the Excel BBs I have, I just pick up what's on the ground outside. It's not what you would call a great shooter to start with, the only reason I paid the $3 for is because I'm a WWII buff...
IPB Image

#39 Critical

Critical
  • Interests:- AIRSOFT<br />- CUTE GIRLS who like AIRSOFT<br />- CT/SWAT TEAMS<br />- Aviation<br />- Fooly Cooly

Posted 22 August 2004 - 02:42 AM

can I reuse BBs if wash them really really gewd?
"You can always buy yourself a new couch--but what about my legs, Charlie Murphy? I can't buy new legs!" -- (Dave Chapelle as Rick James)

CRITICAL
Uniforms: "Rainbow Six" Black, post Desert Storm, standard Woodland camo, SWAT Olive drab.
Specialty: Night operations, CQB, Long Range Aquisition/Recon.
Duty: SAW
Others: Everblast M4A1 SOPMOD (Custom), UHC MP5A5, KWC P226, HFC M1911.

#40 Phantom1

Phantom1
  • Interests:Airsoft, and working for the California Judicial Committee in the Capitol of California. I am a Constitution Advisor for the State of California and a Political Science Major w/ Minor in History. Sometimes my work brings me to Washington D.C. as the Honor is mine to work with the Finest Politcal Science Majors, Historians, and Judges of all of the United States.

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:06 AM

Thats what I do. I grab all the ones I pick up and put them in a Bucket and full it up with water. Then I take those bb's out and put then in another bowl and set them in the sun. Then while waiting for them to dry, I redo the process. When there dried, I use them again. I have been doing this for AEG for 11 months and nothing has happened!
To the Ememy, Let him Hear......The Buckshot of his deatth!

user posted imageuser posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users