to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Craigslist

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 totman

totman
  • Interests:Too many to list haha

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

My dad and I have had tons of success at selling things while using Craigslist. I want to know if I can put an add on Craigslist for an AIRSOFT GUN. It says that Firearms and BB guns are prohibited, but are airsoft guns considered BB guns or Firearms? Their are other adds on Craigslist for airsoft guns but not many. Just want to make sure.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

You could try it. I can see how airsoft guns fit into the bb gun and firearms category because they do fire bbs and they do look like firearms but at the same time they are called replicas and toys. If other people have airsoft guns on there for sale and havent got canned for it then im sure it is probably acceptable.

#3 cgibsong002

cgibsong002
  • SOA Name: cgibsong002

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:23 AM

well whats going to happen if its not allowed? the worst they can possibly do is delete your ad...

#4 Yeti

Yeti
  • Interests:Swimming, Jogging, gaming,Airsofting,and cooking(Lame, I know)

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (cgibsong002 @ Apr 13 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well whats going to happen if its not allowed? the worst they can possibly do is delete your ad...

Yeah, I'd give it a try (as long as your not selling my thompson)
A bullet sounds the same in every language.

Everybody loves Spud

Don't blame me for putting Spud rules in my sig, its just he watches John Stewart too

#5 cwingwvwc

cwingwvwc
  • Interests:airsoft, history, books, music

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

I have seen them for sale in the sporting goods section before, so I believe it is ok.
And Lot's wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human.
-Kurt Vonnegut Slaughterhouse 5

#6 gtrlimited

gtrlimited
  • Interests:Kelsey, motorcross, airsoft, fishing, relaxing, driving, autocross

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

I would try it the only thing they will do is just close your ad. Try it and see what happens.

#7 archerandy87

archerandy87
  • Interests:see about me.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:47 AM

I've sold plenty of stuff on craigslist. sometimes they will delete your ad, but just repost it. make it clear that its a TOY though, that will help.

#8 totman

totman
  • Interests:Too many to list haha

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:54 AM

Im having problems with my add coming up. It says I have it up but when I search for it I cant find it. Any suggestions?

#9 Conrad

Conrad

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (totman @ Apr 14 2008, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im having problems with my add coming up. It says I have it up but when I search for it I cant find it. Any suggestions?

It sometimes takes an hour or two to show up. You should be able to see it on the confirmation email. Do a keyword search.

Btw, I have listed my Airsoft M4 on Craigslist and I had no issues. You might want to add the verbage, "This is a toy and cannot be modified to fire real ammunition".

Becareful of reposting your ad. If you do duplicate ads on a daily basis, you will get flagged and deleted. My understanding is that once a week is good enough.

#10 RAMBO John j

RAMBO John j

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

I believe alot has to do with the wording in your add. Like said above. Watch how you word your add and it should be ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users