to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Utg M3 Double Loading Issue

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

my m3's loading mechanisms are kinda screwy. every pump it gerally loads two rounds into each barrel, so if I fire right away I get 6 rounds. but if I wait the first 3 rounds roll down the barrels and out of the gun. even if they did stay in the gun, this issue lowers fps and ammo milage way too much.

anybody have the same issue? or anyone know how to nullify the problem?

Edited by edenicity, 12 June 2008 - 10:59 AM.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter."

Modifications Library!

#2 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

comon people... anyone?

Modifications Library!

#3 tmal44

tmal44

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (edenicity @ Jun 12 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
comon people... anyone?

u might be either pumping it too fast, or double or "half" cocking it.

R.I.P. Troy
My Guns
I'm good with KSC glocks. PM me with any questions

"Next time you're making metroid..gimme a call, like I'll totally eat that, 'cause it's totally not gross."
-Jeremy, episode 17 Pure pwnage[/color]

#4 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

I always thought the solution was pump faster.. never thought to slow down. thanks

Modifications Library!

#5 DJ GloX

DJ GloX

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Mine does this too. When I rack it slow, it loads more BBs. Rack it fast, I still get one straggler, making it a quadshot that kinda sucks.

I've yet to discover the reason or solution to this problem yet.

#6 Blackpig

Blackpig
  • Interests:Computer, airsoft, and school.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

If you half :censored2: it or if you :censored2: it way too fast, it'll load 6 BBs into the barrel. I believe this is due to someone the BBs are fed into the chamber and doing it too fast or slow messes it up.

#7 octorfunk

octorfunk

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

That's my only gripe with the UTG vs. the TM. I must be getting about 1 double-feed per shell, because my last burst is usually only 1-2 BB's instead of 3.

However, it doesn't make the TM worth $100+ more though.

#8 Trath9

Trath9
  • Interests:AIRSOFT! Duh. Also boobs. And Music.

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Umm...look on the bright side! It shoots twice as many BBs! That's awesome, right?

But seriously, a lot of people were talking and or complaining about this, and it's about how you :censored2: it.

--------SRC G36E-----------------------DE USP--------
QUOTE (-(eset)-HX @ Dec 20 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^most people you know is stupid...

#9 Banshee11b

Banshee11b

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (edenicity @ Jun 11 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my m3's loading mechanisms are kinda screwy. every pump it gerally loads two rounds into each barrel, so if I fire right away I get 6 rounds. but if I wait the first 3 rounds roll down the barrels and out of the gun. even if they did stay in the gun, this issue lowers fps and ammo milage way too much.

anybody have the same issue? or anyone know how to nullify the problem?

I have the same issue and unfortunately there does not seem to be a ready answer. The problem is this part

This is right in front of the barrels and moves up and out of the way when 3 bb's load and comes down to prevent further loading. With mine, the two lower retention areas are chipped or worn so extra BB's can load in behind. UTG does not have the part for sale and TM has discontinued it. I would see if you can find the part anywhere, but I have not had luck so far wgcshop.com had it for $2.10 but, like I said it's discontinued. Good Luck, sorry I wasn't much help...

#10 Fatboy 589

Fatboy 589
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Jesus, airsoft, real steel guns.
  • SOA Name: Fatboy 589

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

You could go the extra mile and get a broken one off of a boneyard...
ohai

#11 Master Destroyer

Master Destroyer
  • Interests:Drums, airsoft, paintball, ps3

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

never had the problem with mine, but then again, ive only shot about 100 bb's through to see how far it cud shoot.
QUOTE (vgamedude @ Sep 11 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
suck the white cream

QUOTE (vgamedude @ Sep 12 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mind looking fruity.

#12 a captured sniper

a captured sniper
  • Interests:Paintball, airsoft. Ice cream, stuff like that.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

UTG shotguns, make that shotguns in general, are unreliable. My friend Is horrible at cocking his shotgun, he does this with his UTG M3 all the time.
Banned for calling lone wolf cheaters fags

#13 Fatboy 589

Fatboy 589

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Did you really just say they're unreliable? Those will last you the longest. Spring guns are the strongest guns on the market. They'll outlast any AEG. Your friend is probably an 80 year old who can't pump a shotgun.
Because there's hardly any parts in spring guns, they'll last you the longest, unless you throw them at a wall or something.

I abused the living hell out of my UTG M3L and it hauled censored2.gif for 8 months. It was the only thing I had to use for awhile, and I used it almost everyday. I sold it, and it's still working.

Edited by Fatboy 589, 14 April 2009 - 09:00 PM.

ohai

#14 Master Destroyer

Master Destroyer
  • Interests:Drums, airsoft, paintball, ps3

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

I noticed that too. Ya just have to :censored2: slower.
QUOTE (vgamedude @ Sep 11 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
suck the white cream

QUOTE (vgamedude @ Sep 12 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mind looking fruity.

#15 Fatboy 589

Fatboy 589

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

They're picky with how they're cocked, but mine never had that problem.
ohai

#16 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:57 AM

If you've halfpumped it even once, where it causes a double feed/irregular feeding, then chances are you either damaged the loading area or tri-nozzle assembly. If you keep doing it it'll just get worse.

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#17 dlrevan13

dlrevan13

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'm going to resurrect this topic because my UTG/DE M3 is having the exact same problem. It's brand new, so I don't know how I could have broken the loading nozzle. I'm strong and I don't have any trouble cocking it. I've tried cocking it fast and slow, neither makes a difference. The only thing that seems to help is using .25g bbs. For some reason, the heavier bbs make a difference. With .20's, it double feeds almost every :censored2:. With .25's, on the other hand, it double feeds about half the time.

#18 airsoft159

airsoft159
  • SOA Name: Steven Kelley

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (a captured sniper @ Apr 14 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UTG shotguns, make that shotguns in general, are unreliable. My friend Is horrible at cocking his shotgun, he does this with his UTG M3 all the time.

I think it is safe to say that you don't have any idea what you are talking about....

And dlrevan, the problem could have existed when you got the gun. Always have to remember that clone company's don't have the best QC.

#19 dlrevan13

dlrevan13

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (airsoft159 @ May 15 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is safe to say that you don't have any idea what you are talking about....

And dlrevan, the problem could have existed when you got the gun. Always have to remember that clone company's don't have the best QC.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I emailed Leapers asking for them to send me a new nozzle. Maybe I'll email ASGI as well. That would be cool if they both sent me a nozzle, then I'd have a spare, ha.

#20 EBHM4

EBHM4
  • SOA Name: EBHM4

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

I have the weirdest loading issue with my shotgun. Sometimes, on the first shot out of a shell it will load only one BB, but then the rest of the shots work fine. I think it's just that the shells are old though. I need to get more anyway LOL. But if you think it's something else, help would be appreciated!

j0ker: EYE DEFIE SPEALING

#21 dlrevan13

dlrevan13

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Banshee11b @ Mar 26 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same issue and unfortunately there does not seem to be a ready answer. The problem is this part

This is right in front of the barrels and moves up and out of the way when 3 bb's load and comes down to prevent further loading. With mine, the two lower retention areas are chipped or worn so extra BB's can load in behind. UTG does not have the part for sale and TM has discontinued it. I would see if you can find the part anywhere, but I have not had luck so far wgcshop.com had it for $2.10 but, like I said it's discontinued. Good Luck, sorry I wasn't much help...

I just took apart my M3, and he's right. Mine is chipped on those edges on the two lower areas. It doesn't take much to chip them at all. I don't even think I half cocked mine and it still chipped. I can't believe that Tokyo Marui would release a gun with such a big flaw, and that Double Eagle couldn't fix it when they cloned the gun. Ridiculous.

By the way, to get to that part, you only need to disassemble the gun to the point where you can remove the barrel. You don't have to disassemble the internals inside the receiver. I did, and reassembly was a huge pain in the a-censored.gif. It's actually really easy to get to the broken part, though. If you look at the guide by aznriptide859 in the pinned topic, you'll see that it's only a few steps.

We seriously need someone to make a metal replacement part for that. EDIT: Ok, screw it. I'll make the part. Check out my new topic about it.

EDIT: And another thing. When I was taking it apart and putting it back together, I got a good assessment of the internals. I'd say besides the faulty part, all the other internals are likely to last a good amount of time. They are mostly plastic, but it is very hard plastic and I can't see them breaking for a while. Plus, the parts only move a little when you :censored2: and fire the gun. It's not like an AEG where there's lots of moving parts that can be stripped or broken. If we could just get a metal replacement for that part, these guns would be extremely durable. The Tokyo Marui is probably even better than the DE/UTG/TSD.

P.S. What do we call this part? The loading nozzle?

Edited by dlrevan13, 25 May 2009 - 12:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users