to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Hpa Setup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cagedconner

cagedconner

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:54 AM

Hey all, I've been sniping for a while now, and would like to try a new gun. I've had a chance to run with highly upgraded versions of every spring gun you can imagine, but I've never had the chance to own or use a gas gun. I'm about to recieve this gun, and would like to upgrade to HPA right away. From what I've heard, green gas won't provide very consistent fps, which is why I'd like to upgrade (if this is untrue, or fixable please post up as well, it'd save me a lot of money with the HPA setup.) I've also heard that the Kings Arms hopup unit is extremely nice, so I figured I would get that to top this gun off.

If there's any information I missed that you feel I should know about HPA rigs, or that gun in specific please reply, I'd like to get to know my gun a bit better before I get it.

Edited by cagedconner, 10 July 2008 - 02:55 AM.

#2 Wonko The Sane

Wonko The Sane
  • Interests:Long range precision shooting

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:44 AM

Run it on propane with and adapter and you'll be fine.

Edited by Wonko The Sane, 10 July 2008 - 03:44 AM.

[/color]

#3 dee stalker

dee stalker
  • Interests:Hunteering

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

I'm pretty sure the King ARMS hop unit, is for tanaka rifles and won't fit the KJW copies (like that rifle).

Good Hunting a-thumbsup.gif
sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by ASF Sponsors - please use your profile page

#4 Wonko The Sane

Wonko The Sane
  • Interests:Long range precision shooting

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

What do you mean?! That is a Tanaka just painted with a scope and bi-pod added.

[/color]

#5 dee stalker

dee stalker
  • Interests:Hunteering

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Wonko The Sane @ Jul 10 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean?! That is a Tanaka just painted with a scope and bi-pod added.

it says "Based on the KJ M700." if you read the description. That is why it has the prometheus barrel fitted (you can't fit one in the Tanaka without the King Arms kit.).

Personally, I would not buy it (as I used to have a KJW M700P V1) and it was not a patch on my Tanaka rifle.

Good Hunting a-thumbsup.gif
sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by ASF Sponsors - please use your profile page

#6 Brainplay

Brainplay
  • Interests:Airsoft, metalsmithing, hunting, fishing.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

Well, you'll probably want to upgrade your hopup bucking to the "King Arms air seal" which is one of the better hard buckings. Other than that you can get away with straight propane just fine. However, using propane or a variant has some issues of which you should be aware. If you fire off shots quickly the magazine will start to chill causing less pressure and inconsistent fps. Taking your time can avoid this.

Switching to HPA fixes this issue. But rigging an HPA requires specifics tools. You'll have to drill one of your magazines then tap it (cut threads into it) to allow a pressure nipple to be permanently afixed. Then comes the regulator which needs to be gently tuned to between 90-140 psi. Sounds simple but it is not. The guys at fresnoairsoft have a picture description and finer details somewhere on their forums which is the standard setup and how to put it all together. I would recommend looking through many of the KJW m700 threads out there and find the hopup mod. Thats really one of the easier, cheaper, and really good mods to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users