to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Kwa Is Doing What?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 The American Borat

The American Borat

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Okay, so yesterday I was at Airsoft Arms, in Milford, OH, and the guy there told me that they had just gotten an email and KWA had told them that they were pulling all of their Glocks and M9s off the market. WHAT??? KWA glocks are so AWESOME!!! Anybody know if this is true?

#2 Tosuzu

Tosuzu

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

They are!?# Dunno I only own a glock and I'd say g18.

My Next purchase.

"Whoever thinks the pen is mightier than the sword clearly has never encountered automatic weapons."
- Douglas MacArthur

#3 blitzrb26det

blitzrb26det
  • Interests:I do GBB work. I have good relations with most dealers in Hong Kong. PM me for details.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

I haven't heard that from KWA, but if you check their site, they don't list the M series any longer.

Also Glock is notorious for filing lawsuits. Also Beretta have given Western Arms the international license for them, so they could have a case against KWA in terms of likeness. Remember the we like them because they look so real, that means the RS manufacturers do have something to complain about.

Again, I have not heard anything directly from KWA, so I don't know if that is true.

#4 Leo

Leo
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Model Trains, all scales<br />Open wheel racing

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (blitzrb26det @ Jul 18 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't heard that from KWA, but if you check their site, they don't list the M series any longer.

Also Glock is notorious for filing lawsuits. Also Beretta have given Western Arms the international license for them, so they could have a case against KWA in terms of likeness. Remember the we like them because they look so real, that means the RS manufacturers do have something to complain about.

Again, I have not heard anything directly from KWA, so I don't know if that is true.

http://www.kwausa.com/products.html

still shows the M series. Where do you see that they pulled the Berettas and Glock?

Leo

#5 Level7g

Level7g
  • Interests:Airsoft... what else?

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Leo @ Jul 18 2008, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.kwausa.com/products.html

still shows the M series. Where do you see that they pulled the Berettas and Glock?

Leo

the M series is referring to the M17, M19, M18c, M26c, M34. KWA don't call them G17 etc... so look again. It's not there anymore.
凸 ^_^)

#6 Leo

Leo

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Level7g @ Jul 18 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the M series is referring to the M17, M19, M18c, M26c, M34. KWA don't call them G17 etc... so look again. It's not there anymore.

You are right. I stand corrected

a-embarassed.gif

Leo

#7 blitzrb26det

blitzrb26det
  • Interests:I do GBB work. I have good relations with most dealers in Hong Kong. PM me for details.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

I also have confirmation that KWA is dropping the M (Glock) series. That announcement is true concerning the Glocks, I am waiting to hear back about the Beretta's.

#8 psychobunny

psychobunny

That guy. You know. The one with the face.

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

what....? wha.... why....? omg this is so sad... will the KSC glocks still be availible? I mean they don't seem to have a problem putting full glock trades... I really hope they either don't go through with this or re release it as something else...

My Youtube Channel
^For awesome builds and tech videos!

http://www.airsoftfo...al-t225374.html
^ For the absolute best in accuracy in your AEG.

#9 The American Borat

The American Borat

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (psychobunny @ Jul 18 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what....? wha.... why....? omg this is so sad... will the KSC glocks still be availible? I mean they don't seem to have a problem putting full glock trades... I really hope they either don't go through with this or re release it as something else...

Alright guys, I got a direct answer from KWA so I know whats going on now. They wont say why the hell they're pulling the Glocks off the market, and according to them, some distributors will still be able to distribute them (??? WHAT???). They also ARE taking their M9s, M92Fs, and M93Rs out, but are developing a new gas system and they MAY be available again. That's what I've heard so far.

#10 Treble

Treble

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

If they're pulling the KWA Glocks, you should pick one up before retailers jack the price up for the leftovers. Since they're so popular, I'm guessing that's what they would do.

Why would they take the M9s off the market to make a new gas system? Don't the M9s already have a new system? The PTP.

#11 Allizard

Allizard
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Gadget etc...

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

KSC will still be availabe. In Japan only.

#12 M4user101

M4user101
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real steel shooting, Air Force, Golf, Basketball, Females, anything about the military.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

The PTP and full metal m1911 do already have a new gas system, this is really strange. Mabye this explains why airsoftgi is not getting anymore kwa glock shipments.

Edited by M4user101, 18 July 2008 - 03:52 PM.

#13 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Allizard @ Jul 18 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KSC will still be availabe. In Japan only.

alright thats a relief... I mean you can still get them though plus they come with trades and that trigger safety so... But I can't believe it I mean they're such a big seller.

My Youtube Channel

#14 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

contacted KWA and they said that they are pulling the Glocks because Glock apparently put some trademark protection in airsoft category and they pulled it from a recommendation by their lawyers or whatever... Does any airsft company own the Glock trades?

My Youtube Channel

#15 zacs empire

zacs empire
  • Interests:Airsoft, freshwater fishing(mainly bass fishing), poker(mainly texas hold em), xbox 360(my gamertag is zacs empire), learning about war, guns, and space/physics.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

This is sad, I love KWA Glocks.

Thanks Onikozah =)

#16 blitzrb26det

blitzrb26det

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (psychobunny @ Jul 18 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
contacted KWA and they said that they are pulling the Glocks because Glock apparently put some trademark protection in airsoft category and they pulled it from a recommendation by their lawyers or whatever... Does any airsft company own the Glock trades?

As far as I have heard Glock is not interested in any licensing, but who knows maybe they are waiting for a good price.

#17 Kobun

Kobun
  • Interests:I like airsoft and kendo.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

Should I go buy a KWA glock now and sell it later for double the price as they are no longer available?

#18 Allizard

Allizard
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Gadget etc...

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

I doubt they will double the price any time soon. There are ton of KWA Glocks in the market. Just take a look at the MGC version of their Glock. It's out of production for gees... 6-8 years? How much do they go for now?!!!

For people who only collects, they usually go after KSC or TM. KWA glocks are usually use as a beater gun. And a very good beater gun I might add.

#19 Kobun

Kobun

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Allizard @ Jul 18 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt they will double the price any time soon. There are ton of KWA Glocks in the market. Just take a look at the MGC version of their Glock. It's out of production for gees... 6-8 years? How much do they go for now?!!!

For people who only collects, they usually go after KSC or TM. KWA glocks are usually use as a beater gun. And a very good beater gun I might add.

Ok.. bad idea then.. thanks.

#20 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

that is gonna really hurt their sales

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#21 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

does anyone see them trying again to bring it back up? maybe getting permission from glock?

My Youtube Channel

#22 Level7g

Level7g

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (sergantsnipes @ Jul 18 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is gonna really hurt their sales

Sure does...

Edited by Level7g, 19 July 2008 - 12:41 AM.

凸 ^_^)

#23 pagmic

pagmic

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (The American Borat @ Jul 18 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright guys, I got a direct answer from KWA so I know whats going on now. They wont say why the hell they're pulling the Glocks off the market, and according to them, some distributors will still be able to distribute them (??? WHAT???). They also ARE taking their M9s, M92Fs, and M93Rs out, but are developing a new gas system and they MAY be available again. That's what I've heard so far.

On the up side I now have a perfect excuse to pick up a m93r. Ill just tell my self if I don't get it now I never will

Glock parts, lots of parts at great prices
My computer is down, sorry if I'm late responding to pms, thanks.

#24 Treble

Treble

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

An excuse to pick up an airsoft gun? a-rolleyes.gif

Well, it's not really an excuse if KWA really isn't releasing any more Berettas...

#25 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Jul 19 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An excuse to pick up an airsoft gun? a-rolleyes.gif

Well, it's not really an excuse if KWA really isn't releasing any more Berettas...

I would be more concerned about picking up a glock as they don't seem to be as interested in making some more... Really though what do they have once they take away the glock and beretta. USP, AEG line, CZ75, and the MAC-11... oh yeah and the p226.

EDIT: oh yeah and the 1911. meh I guess they still have alot but it wont be the same....

Edited by psychobunny, 19 July 2008 - 11:22 PM.

My Youtube Channel

#26 Kobun

Kobun

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

One question.. will there still be upgrade/repair parts available for KWA Glocks then?

#27 Inu One

Inu One

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Only the M series (Glocks) are discontinued, the M9's will still be around. Replacement parts will be plenty ....
Primary =>TM G36C, CA M15A2, Systema M4A1-MAX, KWA KM4A1
Side Arm => KWA KP45, KWA M9 PTP

#28 tmal44

tmal44

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

This doesn't bother me as long as KSC keeps producing them in Japan..

but still....I have had like 5 of these lol :(

R.I.P. Troy
My Guns
I'm good with KSC glocks. PM me with any questions

"Next time you're making metroid..gimme a call, like I'll totally eat that, 'cause it's totally not gross."
-Jeremy, episode 17 Pure pwnage[/color]

#29 Level7g

Level7g

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (tmal44 @ Jul 20 2008, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This doesn't bother me as long as KSC keeps producing them in Japan..

but still....I have had like 5 of these lol :(

Show off! a-laugh.gif

I got my TM G17. and KSC G19... I'm good to go.

Edited by Level7g, 20 July 2008 - 01:04 PM.

凸 ^_^)

#30 Spudenater

Spudenater

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:10 PM

So are they still going to produce M93r's? If not, I'm gonna pull mine off the market ASAP!

#31 The American Borat

The American Borat

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Spudenater @ Jul 20 2008, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So are they still going to produce M93r's? If not, I'm gonna pull mine off the market ASAP!

No, and also, theyre not going to produce their m9s anymore either.

#32 Spudenater

Spudenater

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

Hmm... Now I have a good reason to get that G&G Compensator Kit, And keep the gun as a "Collectors Item" Sort of deal. In a couple of years, they may be few and far between!

#33 j0hn doe28

j0hn doe28
  • Interests:Airsoft,Real Steel,and the Military

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

omg I just sent my g19 in today and so if they pull their glocks and berettas off the market what are they going to sell? Their m4's? Are they going to stop making gas guns altogether? If so then I will most likely guard my glock like a brick of gold! Its sad to hear because I thought KWA was most known for their glocks?

#34 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (j0hn doe28 @ Jul 21 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omg I just sent my g19 in today and so if they pull their glocks and berettas off the market what are they going to sell? Their m4's? Are they going to stop making gas guns altogether? If so then I will most likely guard my glock like a brick of gold! Its sad to hear because I thought KWA was most known for their glocks?

if you go to their homepage you can see they have a couple more models but their glocks and berettas are proabably the most well known. I think they are going to try and do something to get the glocks back on the market.

My Youtube Channel

#35 Leo

Leo

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

The following is from KWAUSA office/forum:

"The official word: "The KWA M Series GBB will no longer be available in the US because of Glock Inc's recent filing for trademark/copyright protection under the "airsoft" category. There are no litigations between Glock Inc. and KWA, we are simply following the advice of our corporate counsel."

As for the rumor that we are getting out of the GBB. NOT TRUE!!!! In fact, we are revamping the entire line of our existing GBB pistols with the NS2 gas system plus there will be several new GBB releases in the coming months."

So if you thought of getting new KWA handguns, wait till the new ones with the new gas system are out.

Cheers
Leo

PS. I wonder what those "... there will be several new GBB releases in the coming months." are going to be :D

#36 Spudenater

Spudenater

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

So where does that leave Berretta's?

#37 AUSpartan

AUSpartan
  • Interests:Football(like with helmets and pads)<br />Wrestling<br />Golf<br />Airsoft

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Hopefully non-exsistent
-Made by yours truly.

PM me for custom signatures.

#38 Spudenater

Spudenater

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (AUSpartan @ Jul 21 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully non-exsistent

Hey! I like my M93R! All the other berretta's can go die an a pit for all I care though...

Edited by Spudenater, 21 July 2008 - 03:44 PM.

#39 AUSpartan

AUSpartan
  • Interests:Football(like with helmets and pads)<br />Wrestling<br />Golf<br />Airsoft

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

You like the M93R?
Well thats new...
-Made by yours truly.

PM me for custom signatures.

#40 Leo

Leo

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Spudenater @ Jul 21 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So where does that leave Berretta's?

The only handguns affected are the Glocks. The rest are all safe.

Leo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users