to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Red Gas

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Invader_X

Invader_X

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys, I got a quick question,

what is red gas? Ive read about it while searching for gas guns.

is red gas a nick name for c02? like green gas for propane?

can my KJW m700 handle red gas?

can my tokyo marui tactical master handle it?

can you buy co2 in a can that you can quirt in mags like propane?

thanks

#2 zane

zane
  • Interests:Firearms<br />Airsoft<br />Video games (Xbox 360 owner)<br />

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Invader_X @ Jul 27 2008, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I got a quick question,

what is red gas? Ive read about it while searching for gas guns.

is red gas a nick name for c02? like green gas for propane?

can my KJW m700 handle red gas?

can my tokyo marui tactical master handle it?

can you buy co2 in a can that you can quirt in mags like propane?

thanks

Red gas is similar in power to c02 I believe.

don't use red gas just on my opinion but I believe that you could use it
in your m700 but not in your tactical master

And no I don't believe that you can squirt c02 into magazine, but you can get an adapter to run c02 tanks into your gun (although its not recommended).

#3 mespllingesnogud

mespllingesnogud

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (zane @ Jul 27 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Red gas is similar in power to c02 I believe.

don't use red gas just on my opinion but I believe that you could use it
in your m700 but not in your tactical master

And no I don't believe that you can squirt c02 into magazine, but you can get an adapter to run c02 tanks into your gun (although its not recommended).

Red gas is not Co2. Propane is somewhere in the 100psi rang, and Co2 is in the 800psi range. You will know if you are using unregulated Co2 by the way your magazine makes an exploding sound as the seals give out, or worse. Injecting Co2 into a magazine is extremely dangerous, and WILL damage almost any gas gun magazine, unless custom/ specially made. There is no reason why Co2 wouldn't be recommended if run from a regulated external source. Used in that way, Co2 is perfectly safe and will preform worlds better than propane or redgas, and velocity can easily be adjusted to almost any range.

Edited by mespllingesnogud, 27 July 2008 - 06:40 PM.

#4 Invader_X

Invader_X

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (mespllingesnogud @ Jul 28 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Red gas is not Co2. Propane is somewhere in the 100psi rang, and Co2 is in the 800psi range. You will know if you are using unregulated Co2 by the way your magazine makes an exploding sound as the seals give out, or worse. Injecting Co2 into a magazine is extremely dangerous, and WILL damage almost any gas gun magazine, unless custom/ specially made. There is no reason why Co2 wouldn't be recommended if run from a regulated external source. Used in that way, Co2 is perfectly safe and will preform worlds better than propane or redgas, and velocity can easily be adjusted to almost any range.

so what is red gas? which is more powerful? RED OR CO2?

and where can red gas be bought and can it be bought in hard ware stores?

#5 mespllingesnogud

mespllingesnogud

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Invader_X @ Jul 27 2008, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what is red gas? which is more powerful? RED OR CO2?

and where can red gas be bought and can it be bought in hard ware stores?

Red is not a specific gas. Red gas is basically any Airsoft specific propellant that comes in a red can. I have used gas that came in a red can with Japanese writing on it that gave a noticeable boost in FPS, and a can that said something like "Super Power Green gas" that gave little to no performance boost. Frankly, its not worth the trouble to seek out a higher power propellants when Propane is powerful enough to make most GBBs reach 400fps with very little modification.

Raw Co2 is probably enough to send BB's at least 1000FPS. There are 1200-FPS Air Rifles that shoot that fast powered by Co2. The reason That 12g powered airsoft guns do not shoot at such high velocities is because they utilize a restricted flow valve and a hard spring in the magazine, providing a very short burst of Co2.

#6 Baloubafish

Baloubafish

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard that red gas is actually Chlorodifluoromethane, which depletes the ozone layer and is a very potent greenhouse gas. It also might be illegal in the US, but I'm not 100% sure about any of this.

#7 mespllingesnogud

mespllingesnogud

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Baloubafish @ Jul 31 2008, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not entirely sure, but I've heard that red gas is actually Chlorodifluoromethane, which depletes the ozone layer and is a very potent greenhouse gas. It also might be illegal in the US, but I'm not 100% sure about any of this.

I've heard that also, and it is a definite possibility that it makes up some types of red gas.

#8 Roskov

Roskov
  • Interests:stuff..

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

Chlorodifluoromethane it is indeed :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_gas

In my Tanaka rifle it gives me about 30-40 more fps than greengas depending on temperature.

#9 night4x

night4x

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

super powerful green gas. made for use in cold weather. don't use in your gun in normal weather on it will break it

#10 Logan Nagel

Logan Nagel
  • Interests:I lead and tech for an airsoft team located in Wisconsin. Have five years of experience with airsoft, but I am definitely still learning. Favorite gun ever = M14 EBR.

• My Temperament:19,2,2,1

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

Yes, only use red gas if your gun is good quality, a lot of guns will be marketed as red gas compatible. Its like using a LiPo in a cheap AEG; yeah, it'll work, but your gun's gonna break or wear out really fast.
"Do you know what the definition of Hell is? It's dying and meeting the person you could have been" - Frank Mir

#11 Logan Nagel

Logan Nagel
  • Interests:I lead and tech for an airsoft team located in Wisconsin. Have five years of experience with airsoft, but I am definitely still learning. Favorite gun ever = M14 EBR.

• My Temperament:19,2,2,1

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:37 PM

And then there's black gas...:O Twice the power of regular green gas, about %150 the power of red gas. It's a good option to use in the winter, if you have a good gun, since it is even more powerful than red gas.
"Do you know what the definition of Hell is? It's dying and meeting the person you could have been" - Frank Mir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users