to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Guns That Use A M4/m16 Mag

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 musicman4763

musicman4763

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

I know that the M4 and the M16 use those specific mags, but what are the other guns that use the same mags? I know that S.C.A.R.'s use them, but thats about it. I think I have seen other guns use them, but im never very sure. Thanks for the help
Whoever said airsoft was cheap obviously had a brain tumor
www.dj-danny.com

#2 Cryozen

Cryozen
  • Interests:Airsoft, tennis, video games (mostly RTS, FPS, and RPG), MMA, and visiting family in europe (doesnt happen much, but good times ensue)

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

You can modify a G36 to use M4/16 mags. and the HK 416 (I believe), and thats all that comes to mind.

98.476% of all forum-goers have a made up statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 1.524% that doesn't, put this in your sig.

I am no longer active here on ASF.

#3 hXc_infantry

hXc_infantry
  • SOA Name: HxC_Infantry

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

From what I know these guns (may) use M4/16 mags: Armalites/variants (duh!), JLS FN2000, P90 (FF conversion), L85, G36 (PPA conversion), RS type 97 (not sure), SCAR-L, M249's (sometimes), JLS Rx4 Storm. I think those are all the ones I can remember at the top of my head.

Edited by VeganInfantry, 08 August 2008 - 01:37 AM.

Milsim all the way.

#4 Ion

Ion
  • Interests:Football, paintball, fishing, airsoft, backpacking, camping, and most outdoor things

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

One more takes the M4/M16 mag. Type 89.

Props to Onikozah for the sig.
[A&K SR-25 Review] [JG M16A2 Review] [SRC G36c Vs. JG G36c Review]
[ComradeMP] 5:08 pm: your such a nub, I put you in my gun and gave me teh gud hop up

#5 kishou

kishou
  • Interests:Girls, Soccer,Hanging out with friends, and Airsoft :)

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

L86A2

_______________________________________JG M16A2 V2_________________________AGM MP001 VSR-10_____________________

#6 hXc_infantry

hXc_infantry
  • SOA Name: HxC_Infantry

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (kishou @ Aug 7 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
L86A2

Same as the L85... in airsoft at least.
Milsim all the way.

#7 lrich

lrich

It doesn't matter how you broke it, it matters how you fixit

• Elite
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, soccer, football, basketball, mechanic work (on guns, cars, etc).

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

I think all airsoft m249's take airsoft m16 mags (Vegan said sometimes). I have yet to see one that can't, but I might be wrong.
Also, I saw one crazy bugger with a Famas modded to fit m16 mags, but it was custom. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if you could make something that made an AUG take the m16 mags. I think most 5.56 real steel guns can take m16 mags with a little/lot work (since the hole for where the rounds enter the gun is the same length)

Edited by lrich, 08 August 2008 - 02:37 AM.

DE m83+18volts=awesome (smokescreen)
If paypal charges a flat rate of 31 cents and then tacks on a 2 percent fee, do they charge the seller an extra 1.06 cents for receiving 30 cents?

#8 goldeneye007airsoft

goldeneye007airsoft
  • Interests:Interests bore me.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (lrich @ Aug 8 2008, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think all airsoft m249's take airsoft m16 mags (Vegan said sometimes). I have yet to see one that can't, but I might be wrong.
Also, I saw one crazy bugger with a Famas modded to fit m16 mags, but it was custom. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if you could make something that made an AUG take the m16 mags. I think most 5.56 real steel guns can take m16 mags with a little/lot work (since the hole for where the rounds enter the gun is the same length)

He said sometimes, because the fit is really pathetic. On every airsoft one, and once a real steel one that I fired, STANAG (M4/M16) mags don't work well with it at ALL. The slightest shake and it'll mis-feed and fall out

Edited by goldeneye007airsoft, 16 August 2008 - 12:41 AM.

My WE SCAR Initial Overview

My A&K M249 Review

My "s" button only works sporadically, so please forgive any typos. Thanks!

#9 ScoutSniper67

ScoutSniper67

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (goldeneye007airsoft @ Aug 15 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said sometimes, because the fit is really pathetic. On every airsoft one, and once a real steel one, STANAG (M4/M16) mags don't work well with it at ALL. The slightest shake and it'll mis-feed and fall out

True. My friend's M249 won't accept them. They don't lock in correctly and are horrible at feeding.

Y'all forgot one - the G41 accepts STANAG mags, but there is no airsoft version (or I would buy it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users