to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Kwa M9 Ptp Hogue Grips?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

I've been thinking of putting Hogue Grips on my KWA M9 PTP. Im curious to know if anyone here has ever done that. I know for the real steel it is a very easy installation. I just want to know if there are any parts that I could disturb or cause to malfuction by installing Hogue Grips on my M9.

I am not talking about the ones you just slip on. Im talking about the ones that screw into the regular grip screw holes. Here's a link below.

http://www.hogueinc....I...d=71&step=4

Any help you guys could give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Items for Sale:
Modulus Tactical Lanyard Sling (Black)
VForce Facemask with Fan (Black)

#2 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

they install easily and safely. but for airsoft, I find them unweildly and uncomfortable. but that may just be me.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter."

Modifications Library!

#3 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (edenicity @ Aug 14 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they install easily and safely. but for airsoft, I find them unweildly and uncomfortable. but that may just be me.

Thanks for such a quick reply. So you tried them on a KWA M9 and it didnt cause any mechanical problems?
Items for Sale:

#4 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

Anyone else ever put Hogue Grips on a KWA M9?
Items for Sale:

#5 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

PM'd back.

Modifications Library!

#6 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (edenicity @ Aug 14 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PM'd back.

Thanks, got it. I also just got an email back from KWA and they said:

"Hello,

Thank you for inquiry regarding our KWA M9 pistol's. Most grips for the real M9 should fit without any problems.

Thank you for contacting KWA USA!"

So if anyone else is wondering about this, theres the answer.

Let the thread die unless anyone else has questions about this.
Items for Sale:

#7 CFDjake

CFDjake

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Flipz @ Aug 14 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, got it. I also just got an email back from KWA and they said:

"Hello,

Thank you for inquiry regarding our KWA M9 pistol's. Most grips for the real M9 should fit without any problems.

Thank you for contacting KWA USA!"

So if anyone else is wondering about this, theres the answer.

Let the thread die unless anyone else has questions about this.

I have the KJW M9 tactical which has very similar grips. I like them almost as much as the Hogues on my real steel 92.
"It seemed to me that constant stressing of the individual rights and privileges of American citizenship had overshadowed the equally important truth that such individualism can be sustained only so long as the citizen accepts his full responsibility for the welfare of the nation that protects him in the exercise of those rights" Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Experience proves that the man who obstructs a war in which his nation is engaged, no matter whether right or wrong, occupies no enviable place in life or history. Better for him, individually, to advocate war, pestilence, and famine, than to act as obstructionist to a war already begun" Ulysess S. Grant

#8 Treble

Treble

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

I have used Hogue grips for my WA M9s and you have to tape the trigger bar spring in place so it doesn't come off when you pull the trigger. Not sure if that's the case with KWA M9s.

#9 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Aug 14 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used Hogue grips for my WA M9s and you have to tape the trigger bar spring in place so it doesn't come off when you pull the trigger. Not sure if that's the case with KWA M9s.

Well I just went and picked up a pair of the Hogue Grips for my KWA M9 PTP. I'm at work right now so I cant test them out till later but I'll let you guys know how well they work with the KWA M9.
Items for Sale:

#10 Leo

Leo
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Model Trains, all scales<br />Open wheel racing

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Flipz @ Aug 14 2008, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been thinking of putting Hogue Grips on my KWA M9 PTP. Im curious to know if anyone here has ever done that. I know for the real steel it is a very easy installation. I just want to know if there are any parts that I could disturb or cause to malfuction by installing Hogue Grips on my M9.

I am not talking about the ones you just slip on. Im talking about the ones that screw into the regular grip screw holes. Here's a link below.

http://www.hogueinc....I...d=71&step=4

Any help you guys could give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Though I do own the M9 PTP, I am not going to change the grips to the Hogue wrap around. But I have removed the grips and there is nothing that will come loose when you remove them.

I also have the M1911A1 from KWA, and having single stack magazines, the handle felt a bit skinny. I have installed the Hogue wrap around grips on the 1911 and it feels great now.

It was a simple change and swap of the grips.

Cheers
Leo

#11 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Flipz @ Aug 14 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I just went and picked up a pair of the Hogue Grips for my KWA M9 PTP. I'm at work right now so I cant test them out till later but I'll let you guys know how well they work with the KWA M9.

Well I put them on and they fit perfectly. No modification needed to the grips or the gun at all. This is proof that any grip made for the real steel Berretta's will work with the KWA M9 PTP. The Hogue Grip feels very comfortable. I think it is great for anyone with large hands. Gives me a more secure grip on the M9. The one thing I can say to watch out for is that if you have small hands this might not be the grip for you. But for average size hands I think they will fit great. And for my size hands they fit perfectly.

So another good thing that comes from doing this is we now know that if you want your KWA M9 to have trademarked grips you can just order the real steel Berretta grips.

If anyone would like to see pics just let me know. And thanks to everyone that helped me out with making the decision to do it.
Items for Sale:

#12 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Pics definately, glad it worked out.

Modifications Library!

0 user(s) are reading this topic