to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Installing A Ksc/kwa Glock Floating Valve

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Treble

Treble

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:09 AM

Installing a floating/rocket valve to the KSC/KWA Glock Series

Important note:

• Retailers use both the terms "floating valve" and "rocket valve" very loosely, both refer to the same thing.
  • The gun that I'm using for this guide is my KSC G19, but as long as your Glock is a KWA/KSC, this guide would work. Full-auto Glocks have a slightly different blowback unit but the valve is the same.
  • This guide is only to upgrade/replace your stock floating valve with a new one. (In case the stock one broke, or you want more power out of your Glock)

As of right now, September 2008, there are 5 options you can choose from.
1- Stock floating valve
2- Hurricane floating valve (comes with the hammer spring/recoil spring set)
3- Shooters Design floating valve
4- Firefly rocket valve
5- R.C.C Rocket valve
5- Airsoft Surgeon rocket valve

From left to right, Top: Hurricane, Stock, and Firefly. Bottom: R.C.C, Shooters Design.

My recommendations would be the Firefly or SD valve. I have built several KSC Glocks with the Firefly or SD valve installed; no complaints. My Airsoft Surgeon valve broke into 2 pieces after a couple hundred shots. I have not bought another one since. It works great before it broke though. I haven't tried the hurricane valve the entire time I've had it. I haven't tested the R.C.C. yet either, just got it a few days ago.

So enough mumble jumbo, let's change that valve. Tools: a hammer, a chopstick, Philips screwdriver, thin punch (I use a retaining pin from my broken KWA magazine). Improvise if you don't have the specific tool(s).

Edited by airborne101, 11 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#2 Treble

Treble

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

1-Field strip your Glock.

Take the magazine out of the gun and set the magazine aside. Rack the slide back once. And while holding down the front tabs, push the slide forward and off the frame.

2-Blowback Chamber

In order to remove the blowback chamber, we first must remove the spring guide, outer/inner barrel. After lifting out the spring guide and barrels, set them aside. Using a screwdriver, remove the screw that's holding the blowback chamber. (I use a hex screw, but KSC and KWAs use standard Philip screws.) After removing the screw, lift the blowback unit out of the slide.

#3 Treble

Treble

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

3-Loading nozzle

Position the blowback unit as pictured. Carefully pull out the loading nozzle. (be careful not to lose the two springs) The floating valve is inside the loading nozzle, so we're almost there. Using a punch or something thin and strong, push out the pin. Do it slowly so that the floating valve won't come flying out the other end. After you have pushed the pin in, pull it out the other side and out should fall the floating valve. Careful not to lose the floating valve spring.

#4 Treble

Treble

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

4-Putting it all back together

Now the hard part. Repeat everything you have done backwards. Taking your new floating valve, place it in the nozzle. Make sure the valve sits through the spring. Using the chopstick, push down lightly on the floating valve. Using the other hand, push the pin through the nozzle and line up with the other end. Look and make sure the retaining pin is on top of the floating valve and holding it in place. This might take a few tries because the floating valve spring is working against you. You can use the chopstick to guide your retaining pin. The pin should protrude a little on the side. Push it in with a hammer or a retaining pin to make sure the loading nozzle side is smooth.

NO

YES

Reverse the whole process and put your gun back together. The gun should shoot again. If it doesn't shoot, make sure you have done everything I told you to. I tried to make this guide as concise and easy to follow. My first guide so if there are any improvements, please let me know. Hope I helped.

#5 Meety Peety

Meety Peety

I enjoy long walks on the beach.. with a 1911.

• Forum Administrator
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm fascinated with pistols. I have one AEG and so many pistols I don't know what to do with them anymore. I got my first airsoft gun about six years ago, but got more into the sport of it about three years ago, mainly for it's realism and tactical aspects. That's about it for now..

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:28 AM

Excellent guide Frank, really great.

Pinned.

Edit: Actually, I'll leave this in the normal section for a little while, as it will generate more views that way. After it is pushed down a bit, I'll repin it.

Edited by Meety Peety, 17 September 2008 - 12:30 AM.

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 19 2010, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, this is a forum. You aren't entitled freedom.

#6 edenicity

edenicity

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

excellent guide, I would suggest pinning if it werent already decided upon.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter."

Modifications Library!

#7 some_guy22

some_guy22

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

Excellent guide and nice slide. Got a question though, is an upgraded touch breech really necessary? I can't justify spending $30+ on a small chunk of metal when I've never seen a single stock one break.

#8 Treble

Treble

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (some_guy22 @ Sep 17 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent guide and nice slide. Got a question though, is an upgraded touch breech really necessary? I can't justify spending $30+ on a small chunk of metal when I've never seen a single stock one break.

Nope, not necessary at all. Redwolf had them for 26.50 a long while back. Since I was placing an order with them anyways, I bought it. I personally don't recommend it because you need to space the breech to the right, otherwise your Glock will fire full auto.

And thanks Pete and edenicity, I've been wanting to do this guide for a while. Someone else made a guide on how to change the valve, but the page has been 404ed. This is my first guide, so if there is anything I can improve on, please let me know.

#9 kimawashi

kimawashi

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

Thanks Frank for putting this up for me! looks good to me. My only question is where did u get the alan screw?im not a fan of the phillips screw since it strips way too much. Besides that nice guide very straight forward and as u said concise. this should be pinned ASAP. Thanks again!

#10 Treble

Treble

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:06 AM

I've built 3 KSC G17s and the hex screw came from the G&P slide/barrel set. I opted to reuse the philips screw when I sold the G17s, since not everyone has a hex screwdriver.

#11 Meety Peety

Meety Peety

• Forum Administrator
  • 1,849 posts
  • Interests:Well, I'm fascinated with pistols. I have one AEG and so many pistols I don't know what to do with them anymore. I got my first airsoft gun about six years ago, but got more into the sport of it about three years ago, mainly for it's realism and tactical aspects. That's about it for now..

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

Alright, I'll go ahead and repin this now. Frank, if you'd rather have it in the normal section, PM me.

#12 kimawashi

kimawashi

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Ah I see. well yea I just got done installing the valve and it seems to do nothing... oh well its in there. btw how do u remove super glue from a surface without damaging the thing that is super glued? I just super glued my sights into place and 2 drops of it went onto the slide from out of nowhere...haha.

#13 Meety Peety

Meety Peety

• Forum Administrator
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (kimawashi @ Sep 18 2008, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah I see. well yea I just got done installing the valve and it seems to do nothing... oh well its in there. btw how do u remove super glue from a surface without damaging the thing that is super glued? I just super glued my sights into place and 2 drops of it went onto the slide from out of nowhere...haha.

You can get "super glue remover" from most any hardware store. Whether or not it will damage the slide, no idea. I doubt it, seeing as I've used it on things as delicate as silk with no issues, but don't use it without reading the warning tab on the box first.

#14 Flipz

Flipz

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

What would be a conservative guess on how much one would gain in FPS by installing the new aftermarket floating valve?
Items for Sale:
Modulus Tactical Lanyard Sling (Black)
VForce Facemask with Fan (Black)

#15 mattehhh

mattehhh

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

I know this thread is kinda dead, but I wanted to emphasize the importance of installing one of these if you upgrade your flow valve. I installed the Hurricane kit, and, being a newbie to gbbs, had no idea what the floating valve was for. After about 1000 shots, my stock one broke in two. Luckily, I had kept the Hurricane one. Figuring out what was wrong with the gun was a HUGE trouble though. I wasn't a member of ASF then, and had to do everything myself. Eventually, though, I figured out what the valve was for, and how to install the new one, and my G18 is now shooting like a dream again. So, make sure if you're upgrading your flow valve, you purchase one of these along with it.

#16 Run N Gun

Run N Gun

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

wow man beautiful gun my g18 is pretty much the same minus the Caspian trades
u know where I can get a slide like that?
"Mess with the best, die like the rest"
-U.S. Army Special Forces, 1985

#17 Treble

Treble

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

I'm not sure if there are any slides like these for the G18c series. You can start by looking through overseas retailers like Dentrinityshop, Uncompany, Boomarms, Redwolfairsoft.

It's going to cost over 100 when you calculate the shipping.

#18 casarez

casarez

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

This thread is great but I do have a question. Can you tell me how to do this on a KWA M26C? It seems the selector switch needs to be removed but I am unsure on the best way to do it. Thanks.

#19 CoffeeConsumer

CoffeeConsumer

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (casarez @ Jul 10 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is great but I do have a question. Can you tell me how to do this on a KWA M26C? It seems the selector switch needs to be removed but I am unsure on the best way to do it. Thanks.

Yeah, I have the same problem with my G18c. I have no idea on how to get the selector switch out. a-confused.gif

#20 MichaelC

MichaelC

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 17 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Installing a floating/rocket valve to the KSC/KWA Glock Series

Important note:

• Retailers use both the terms "floating valve" and "rocket valve" very loosely, both refer to the same thing.
  • The gun that I'm using for this guide is my KSC G19, but as long as your Glock is a KWA/KSC, this guide would work. Full-auto Glocks have a slightly different blowback unit but the valve is the same.
  • This guide is only to upgrade/replace your stock floating valve with a new one. (In case the stock one broke, or you want more power out of your Glock)

As of right now, September 2008, there are 5 options you can choose from.
1- Stock floating valve
2- Hurricane floating valve (comes with the hammer spring/recoil spring set)
3- Shooters Design floating valve
4- Firefly rocket valve
5- R.C.C Rocket valve
5- Airsoft Surgeon rocket valve

From left to right, Top: Hurricane, Stock, and Firefly. Bottom: R.C.C, Shooters Design.

My recommendations would be the Firefly or SD valve. I have built several KSC Glocks with the Firefly or SD valve installed; no complaints. My Airsoft Surgeon valve broke into 2 pieces after a couple hundred shots. I have not bought another one since. It works great before it broke though. I haven't tried the hurricane valve the entire time I've had it. I haven't tested the R.C.C. yet either, just got it a few days ago.

So enough mumble jumbo, let's change that valve. Tools: a hammer, a chopstick, Philips screwdriver, thin punch (I use a retaining pin from my broken KWA magazine). Improvise if you don't have the specific tool(s).

Sorry to necro this post but I have the Umarex Tactical Force CO2 COMBAT "glock" and I recently received it today, now this isn't really like a high end pistol, its quite unique and I doubt it has the same internal build as your glock, however my question is, when I got the gun, I took it out of its package and when I moved it around or shook it, it made a rattling sound in what sounded like the chamber, now my question is, do all CO2 and NS2 guns have this "floating valve"? could that be whats making the sound? If the floating valve had broken, would the gun not be able to fire? or would it leak co2?

Edited by MichaelC, 19 August 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#21 sharxbyte

sharxbyte
  • Location:I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]
  • Interests:knives, swords, fire, running, swimming, art, computers, soccer.

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the guide... Not plannign on taking my Glock apart (original KWA, and I've been told its worth a pretty penny)
Knives are the best thing since before sliced bread =D

KJW m700p sniper rifle- 6.01 TBB installed, painted camo

WE G39c with Tanio Koba Twist barrel. NPAS equipped

KWA Glock 19

A gallery of pictures of my gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users