to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Cops Shoot Kid With Airsoft Gun

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Classic-Ill

Classic-Ill

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

I know it's back from may, but I came across this and had to share.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

What do you think about it?

#2 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'll tell you what I think.

The police officers should have shot the parents with it. a-laugh.gif

Honestly the officer made a bad choice, which was in violation of his departments SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures). While the officer made a horrible horrible choice. I don't really see THAT large of a deal out of it. The officer DID shoot a non-vital body part, in a NON-LETHAL way.

The parents flip'd out about a cop shooting their child with the childs airsoft gun. Yet not a damn thing was said about the child playing around with it in public. Great parenting there folks....

#3 Kilo Oscar Tango

Kilo Oscar Tango
  • Interests:History, Mythology, Languages, the Outdoors, Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Fishing, Kayaking, Futbol, Volleyball, Tennis, RTS games, Tactical FPS games, Blondes.

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

That kid was not part of any Airsoft community, and had no parental supervision with an item he cannot legally buy or own. Those are the people that make Airsoft look bad, and that is why only Airsoft and Hobby shops with knowledgeable staff should carry Airsoft guns.

The cop cut the kids a deal, and the parents tattled on him. Proves you should stick to the books because people will not help you, even when you help them. All the officer did was do something they were already doing in their backyard instead of issuing a fine.

Edited by D4mnit, 08 December 2008 - 11:44 PM.

There's no promise of safety with these second-hand wings,
but I'm willing to find out what impossible means,
I climb through the heavens on feathers and dreams,
cause the melting point of wax means nothing to me
I will touch the Sun or I will die trying" Thrice

#4 Rattler

Rattler
  • Interests:US Army<br />Law Enforcement<br />Emergency Management<br />Search and Rescue <br />EMS

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

Officer made a bad choice, maybe would be ethically right for some but when you sign on and put on the badge you are not YOU. You are an officer of the law who can not let personal feelings, religions, ethics etc... change your judgement from the next officer's.

Personally, I would agree that giving them their own medicine was a good choice.

Professionally, That was a terrible thing to even CONSIDER doing, not even to mention to anyone.

Unfortunately in light of the event, it is high probability that the "kid(s)" involved will get off the hook completely and may gain out of the matter.

Really nothing is even to be said here, except this is another dumb*** kid who will ruin the sport for us and another dumb*** officer who will ruin the good name and good intent TRUE police officers really have.

Edited by Rattler, 08 December 2008 - 11:56 PM.

Dedicated to serve

- US Army, Military Police Corps
- EMT/Fireman
- Civil Air Patrol

#5 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Rattler @ Dec 8 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Officer made a bad choice, maybe would be ethically right for some but when you sign on and put on the badge you are not YOU. You are an officer of the law who can not let personal feelings, religions, ethics etc... change your judgement from the next officer's.
Personally, I would agree that giving them their own medicine was a good choice.
Professionally, That was a terrible thing to even CONSIDER doing, not even to mention to anyone.
Unfortunately in light of the event, it is high probability that the "kid(s)" involved will get off the hook completely and may gain out of the matter.

The problem is, Society. Plain and simple truth their folks. The will of the people is gone (in general). I'm not religious, but even I must say.. "My Brothers Shepard" times are LONG gone. There is no looking out for each other in a responsible manner.

The people have spoken. They have plainly, and ultimately decided they can no longer care for themselves in a common sense manner. There for they have demanded to their governments to "Tell us how, and try to do it for us". Thus, the creation of "Nanny Laws".

People have become weak, lazy, and in some cases downright stupid. I won't all out say "WE" are the cause. But society in general is the problem.

Much like this kid and his parents. Do you have ANY idea the repercussions I would have to deal with if this was ME in this kids place? First off all, getting shot by the cop with my own airsoft gun, would have been the easiest thing to go down. Then the gun being destroyed, and my rear end to get a helpign of destruction too. Now I'm not condoning beating a child. However proper punishment is due.

What I am most disturbed by was already mentioned. The kid was not of legal age to purchase, posses or use, ANY "airgun" or any type, or firearm replica. Then again, playing with it in public... Why are the parents getting off light with this one? I'd have pushed as hard as possible to make sure the parents suffered some legal repercussions of some sort.

#6 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

yea that was definetly the parents fault. Getting shot by your own airsoft gun wouldnt have been that bad. I got the cops called on my and my friends a little while ago and they thought the fact we had our guns was cool. We just now have to call them every time we airsoft where people can see us. They were cool with it since it was not illegal and are actually thinking about buying some for there sherrif sub station to train with. This is just anoother case of stupid kids and having a cop handling the situation poorly

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#7 Gigantor

Gigantor
  • Interests:-Percussion<br />-Airsoft<br />-Golf<br />-Chemistry

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (sergantsnipes @ Dec 9 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea that was definetly the parents fault. Getting shot by your own airsoft gun wouldnt have been that bad. I got the cops called on my and my friends a little while ago and they thought the fact we had our guns was cool. We just now have to call them every time we airsoft where people can see us. They were cool with it since it was not illegal and are actually thinking about buying some for there sherrif sub station to train with. This is just anoother case of stupid kids and having a cop handling the situation poorly

I thought that you could play airsoft in your own backyard as long as you have a big yard.

Edited by Gigantor, 09 December 2008 - 02:17 PM.

"A good compromise leaves everyone mad." - Calvin

#8 Scavengre

Scavengre
  • Interests:Airsoft, Video games, Graphic design, Music and of course Movies

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

Rewatch the Video the kid says he went down to the PARK to play which is Seriously in plain view of the public (strike one). Next the kid is Obviously under 18 (Strike two) and cannot legally use or posses a Airgun (of ANY type) without direct Parental supervision. All of the parents involved knew that their kids are using these things outside of their homes with no regard to the laws that surround them (Strike three). Personally the parents are the ones at fault here not the child in my opinion. Granted the Officer made a bad choice and the kids had no right to accept it as they were under age, and it is their parents responsibility. But still the idiocy of the parents in diverting the responsibility from themselves is atrocious. Sometimes I really am disappointed with people.

Want a custom Sig PM me || Please read the Rules to our forum

#9 Spetznaz

Spetznaz
  • Interests:Art, Hunting, Airsoft, I am a gun enthusiest. I like to play music, and listen to many different kinds of music, but I generally go for folk, symphonic and power metal. As far as Classic rock goes; you gotta love Jethro Tull. I also dabble in paintball.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

No, the officer should not have shot them, but they should not have been shooting younger kids. I would have confiscated the guns, AND given them a summons.
"My spoon is too big!"

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Member of the ASF Reliability Project.

#10 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

The same parents that used to blame TV, video games, and comic books.
Current Primary: Polarstar m16

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX <AT> Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM)
^most people you know is stupid...

#11 Thumper69

Thumper69
  • Interests:reading, xbox 360, airsoft, real steel guns, movies.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ok last year here in wichita, ks. A couple of officers were dispatched to a scene. The 911 call reported a armed man in the street. Officers arrived to see a man in the street. With a sliver semi automatic. He Had it in his waistband, after repeated orders to put the weapon down, he pulled it pointing it at officers. They fired multiple rounds only 1 hitting the suspect in the midsection, he later died in surgery.

Now. THIS is a newsworthy event, yet it wasn't a big news blurb. A officer doing this is wrong. But lets be honest IF they were in the wrong the officer SHOULD have taken the guns held them at the dept. And instructed them that if they wanted them back they could have their PARENTS get them.
Somedays, The Dragon wins.

#12 Rattler

Rattler
  • Interests:US Army<br />Law Enforcement<br />Emergency Management<br />Search and Rescue <br />EMS

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

I misworded a phrase in my original post, I said ethics can not influence you and I meant PERSONAL ethics can not dictate what you do on the job. Such as if you do no agree in.... say.... politics with certain suspected person(s). You can not throw the book at them because you disagree with them on a personal issue. Just wanted to make myself clear to avoid misconception.

OpSic, I agree with you that the problem is society. As said, personally I would have wanted to shoot him with it, and then busted it over my knee. Then went to the parents to "whale the tar outta him", however today (as we both said, I guess I will just say it again) it is NOT the officers job in ANY way to punish ANY person, but to bring people to justice. It is up to the parents or court system to order corrections, or what some may call "punishment".

I am not even going to go into the top of the water of my opinion of todays society. Just take a good look around today and you will see society and what it is like. Lol, mention todays society and my face will tell you enough.

With that, I have talked too much rescently and need to go back into the shadows for a few more months before surfacing again a-famerican.gif;)

Thanks
Dan

Edited by Rattler, 09 December 2008 - 11:57 PM.

Dedicated to serve

- US Army, Military Police Corps
- EMT/Fireman
- Civil Air Patrol

#13 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

I myself am under 18 and the cops in my area had no problem with me having a airsoft gun without parental permission. I personally think that the age limit is overratted because I have seen way more immature 18 year olds with airsoft guns shooting each other and getting drunk at the same time(no I wasnt partaking in that they were next door). If you are mature enough to be able to handle things I think it ok to be using a airsoft gun without parental supervision

Edited by sergantsnipes, 10 December 2008 - 12:03 AM.

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users