to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

My Bb's Are Falling Out Of The Barrel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 125blackfire

125blackfire

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

OK, so I bought some 20 and 12 gram BB's (12 gram for my handy dandy wal-mart pistol) to stop dry fireing my AEG m16 (if they helps any) and I noticed they are falling out of the barrel when I put the magazine in...I took the gun apart yesterday and put back together. I know I put something on wrong...why are they falling out? I need it fixed by tomorrow to show my brother hes only in town for Christmas...help!!!
-If your parents don't pay for your airsoft, put this in your sig-

#2 Tobi-Kun

Tobi-Kun
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Food (I love trying new foods, I'm the guy who orders the weirdest thing on the menu)<br />Sleep <br />Work/School<br />PC gaming<br />Archery

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (125blackfire @ Dec 24 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, so I bought some 20 and 12 gram BB's (12 gram for my handy dandy wal-mart pistol) to stop dry fireing my AEG m16 (if they helps any) and I noticed they are falling out of the barrel when I put the magazine in...I took the gun apart yesterday and put back together. I know I put something on wrong...why are they falling out? I need it fixed by tomorrow to show my brother hes only in town for Christmas...help!!!

sounds like a hop-up problem to me.
PTW Expert
Gas Gun User
Professional ChairSofter
SWAMP BRIGADE member
[Kilo Oscar Tango] 11:39 pm: the best way to preserve resources is with guns pointed at those that want to take them
[Kilo Oscar Tango] 11:39 pm: and with two children and a wife you have 4 guns

#3 NightWolf

NightWolf
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Airsoft, R/C Jets, R/C Aerobatic Planes, R/C Cars, R/C Helicopters, Ham Radio, PC Gaming, Guitar, Motorcycles, High Power Rocketry, Archery, Golf, Woodcrafting

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (125blackfire @ Dec 24 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are falling out because your hop-up adjustment is most likely turned off. Adjust the hop-up for a small bump at the top of the barrel where the BB's enter. This holds them in place so they don't fall out and provides a tighter seal in the barrel for good compression. Once you have it slightly adjusted, test fire the gun and adjust the hop-up up or down until you get the proper loft on the BB's for your prefered distance. If the gun does not have a hop-up adjustment, you are stuck.

Edited by NightWolf, 24 December 2008 - 04:46 PM.

#4 125blackfire

125blackfire

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Tobi-Kun @ Dec 24 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sounds like a hop-up problem to me.

Ya I know its a hopup problem,but I don't know whats the problem with it...I can get photos.

#5 rcmustang

rcmustang

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

The "hop up bump" (as referred by someone) is not to hold the bb in place. It's to put a backspin on the bb. The lip on the end of the bucking is what holds the bb from falling through the barrel. So, it doesn't matter if the hop up is off.

#6 125blackfire

125blackfire

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (rcmustang @ Dec 24 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "hop up bump" (as referred by someone) is not to hold the bb in place. It's to put a backspin on the bb. The lip on the end of the bucking is what holds the bb from falling through the barrel. So, it doesn't matter if the hop up is off.

I'm guessing your talking about that rubber thing. It's destroyed...where can I buy a new one? Do they sell them at hardwear stores? Also how do you put them on? I had a fit withit and it ended up ripping three different times...

#7 god_of_thunder

god_of_thunder
  • Interests:Airsofting (obviously)<br />Martial arts ( just started karate)<br />Soccer<br />XC Skiing<br />Lifting weights

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (125blackfire @ Dec 24 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing your talking about that rubber thing. It's destroyed...where can I buy a new one? Do they sell them at hardwear stores? Also how do you put them on? I had a fit withit and it ended up ripping three different times...

ok yea you definately need a new hop up bucking (thats the rubber tube things that goes around the end of your barrel)

if that ripped you need a new one

you cant find it a hardware store...I never have lol

look around the internet maybe you should get a sytema bucking theyre good

as for bbs falling out, another suggestion s to check your air nozzle, I had problem with the bbs falling out today and it was because my air nozzle was too far forward...I eventually fixed it but I honestly cant tell you how. I took my gun apart, fidgeted with the air nozzle turning randomly in every directions pushing it in and out, then put my gun back together and it worked =]

Thanks pyrosniper for the sig and avatar!
My Guns:
-SRC M4 CQB w/ Deans connectors, 8.4V 3300 elite battery, Prometheus 6.03mm X 363mm TBB, Big out H-nub, Systema bucking, M120 spring
-Systema '07 M4 MAX PTW =]

"May gawd have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. -Patton

#8 125blackfire

125blackfire

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Just three more questions and I think I'll have the gun up and running. Is there different kinds of hop up bucklings? and how do I know If I have purchased the right one, what are there prices? I have seen them for $10-$20. My last question how do you install these things. How I ripped my last one is I forced I on and it well ripped...I don't even know where they go on. I am lost on this subject.

#9 Waldo.

Waldo.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

I had the same issue with my Jg AUG, replace the hop up bucking.
"Vini. Vidi. Vici." (I came, I saw, I conquered.)

#10 Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Probably put hopup upside down or it's really messed up.

Bucking is probably old and crusty get a new one.
I'm back. I missed you all. You right there , you to. You to playing with your GBB while surfing ASF :'( Good to be back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users