to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Battery For Dboys Scar-l?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kavurcen

Kavurcen
  • Interests:Airsofting, Couchsofting, MW2, and food. Lots of food.
  • SOA Name: Kavurcen

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey, I'm getting a Dboys SCAR-L. I want to upgrade it somewhat, but the current FPS level is fine for me. So, that basically leaves ROF and accuracy. I'm going to get a Prometheus barrel, and I want a new battery to increase the ROF. What kind of battery should I get? The cheaper the better, and I want it to hopefully fit inside the chin rest battery compartment... In my opinion external battery things get in the way.
I have FS threads on Airsoft Barracks

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

#2 NightWolf

NightWolf
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Airsoft, R/C Jets, R/C Aerobatic Planes, R/C Cars, R/C Helicopters, Ham Radio, PC Gaming, Guitar, Motorcycles, High Power Rocketry, Archery, Golf, Woodcrafting

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

You can fit either an 8.4V or 9.6V Mini cell Pack in the location. The 9.6V needs to be installed from the rear, underneath the rubber buttstock area. The 8.4V can be installed from under the chin guard/cover. I would recommend the Elite pack from www.cheapbatterypacks.com.

#3 surfthetoilet

surfthetoilet
  • Interests:not airsoft. anything but that

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

I use a 10.8v 1100 mAh battery in mine. I had to mod the stock though. If you want, pm me and I'll tell you how to mod it.

Props to Onikozah for the sick signature.

#4 Riflewizard

Riflewizard

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

I would reccomend a 9.6. I run an Intellect 8.4 in mine and it still cycles quite slowly. I personally like the RPS of it but having a nice ROF is very good as well.

#5 mskchuck

mskchuck
  • Interests:Playing airsoft, coaching baseball, working on cars, riding quads, anything with adrenaline!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I had a DBoyi Scar and you can run any of the mini intellect 9.6V but make sure they are nunchuck or butterfly, they are just a lil' longer than the 8.4 that came with the gun so therefore you have to put one cell stick in first then the other but works very well and great price. Or get a 7.4V lipo with atleast 15-20C, a little more expensive but just a great battery hands down and more consistant on ROF and accuracy.
ASL member=Airsoftlouisville.org=check us out!
Primary weaponary= VFC HK416D w/built gearbox/Eotech/3x magnifier/Firepig Noveske.
CQB/Backup= TM Beta Spetz w/built gearbox.
DMR/Sn1per= TM AUG w/built gearbox getting range of 200+ft.

#6 mattsdb

mattsdb

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

I need to know how to mod my stock because my 9.6v battery wont fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users