to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Tanaka M40 Inner Barrel And Hop Up

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

K so I decided to go with the 2Roy hop up kit instead of the best gun cuz BG is absolutely nowhere to be found and no one (evike, tokyomodel and airsoftshop) will give me a definite answer as to when it will come in. therefore, I have also decided to get a 6.03 590 mm barrel and have it cut down to fit the stock tanaka m40 length. I need some suggestions on which barrel to get. I found this one on airsplat that's obviously cheap. how does it sound?

http://www.airsplat....PI-DF-CPB22.htm

give any advice

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (grey-lo @ Mar 12 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K so I decided to go with the 2Roy hop up kit instead of the best gun cuz BG is absolutely nowhere to be found and no one (evike, tokyomodel and airsoftshop) will give me a definite answer as to when it will come in. therefore, I have also decided to get a 6.03 590 mm barrel and have it cut down to fit the stock tanaka m40 length. I need some suggestions on which barrel to get. I found this one on airsplat that's obviously cheap. how does it sound?

http://www.airsplat....PI-DF-CPB22.htm

give any advice

Get a VSR 554 or 555mm length barrel. I got the cheaper $50 laylax one and it works fine.

#3 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Behemoth @ Mar 12 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get a VSR 554 or 555mm length barrel. I got the cheaper $50 laylax one and it works fine.

and it works? the tanaka is like a 584mm. how'd you compensate for the shortage of length?

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (grey-lo @ Mar 12 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and it works? the tanaka is like a 584mm. how'd you compensate for the shortage of length?

the 2roy hopup kit is the same as the king arms conversion kit isn't it? it comes with a different endcap to compensate for the shorter barrel.

Also it makes the gun louder evidently.

#5 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

so if I got the 2roy and a 555mm vsr barrel I'd be all set? no problems with it being shorter than the stock barrel?

#6 Behemoth

Behemoth

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (grey-lo @ Mar 13 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so if I got the 2roy and a 555mm vsr barrel I'd be all set? no problems with it being shorter than the stock barrel?

Yep. That'll do.

You'll also want to get a hopup rubber. The kit doesn't come with one and it's absolutely required. I suggest nineball. I, and a few others evidently, have all had problems with the KA rubber.

#7 BYXOR

BYXOR
  • Interests:Airsoft Sniping<br />Riding motorcycle

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Behemoth @ Mar 13 2009, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. That'll do.

You'll also want to get a hopup rubber. The kit doesn't come with one and it's absolutely required. I suggest nineball. I, and a few others evidently, have all had problems with the KA rubber.

Yep, go for the Nineball rubber instead. The KA one doesnt fit very nicely in the chamber.
I got a 639mm Edgi barrel in my tanaka.
When I got the KA conversion kit, the endcap didnt fit in my outer barrel, it was too big. Then I decided to drill out the stock one and that worked just perfectly.
Now im just waiting for the Ninball rubber so I can see how it will perform.

#8 Behemoth

Behemoth

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (BYXOR @ Mar 14 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, go for the Nineball rubber instead. The KA one doesnt fit very nicely in the chamber.
I got a 639mm Edgi barrel in my tanaka.
When I got the KA conversion kit, the endcap didnt fit in my outer barrel, it was too big. Then I decided to drill out the stock one and that worked just perfectly.
Now im just waiting for the Ninball rubber so I can see how it will perform.

my KA rubber got mashed up by the bolt. I had to take it out and use a drill to clear all the frayed area, and smooth/round out the inside again. It works pretty well now but I still think a new, un-mashed nineball will work better.

This whole hopup unit is incredibly consistent too. I think it's in part the fact that the piece pressing down on the rubber is metal, as opposed to the tanaka's which was rubber. I was hitting an 6 inch wide tree ~180 feet, 8 out of 10 shots with KSC 0.28g bbs (that's all I had left. They're not the best for tanakas.)

#9 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

NEW ISSUE: Best Gun Hop Up w/ 6.01 or 2Roy w/ 6.03

#10 deathfromamile

deathfromamile

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (grey-lo @ Mar 16 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NEW ISSUE: Best Gun Hop Up w/ 6.01 or 2Roy w/ 6.03

I don't know why you would ask that since we already said the 2roy is better. I think I saw a post like this on the forum. 2roy is better but why a 6.03. Most snipers like 6.00 or 6.01 barrels in their rifles.
It'll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers"

#11 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

alright it's settled then. I'm getting a .03 cuz I can't afford the .00 or .01 atm. it won't end up costing me that much less if I get a DBC cuz they'll have to customize it too

#12 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

http://www.airsoftex...roducts_id=3069

or

http://www.airsoftpo...10-p-28401.html

#13 BYXOR

BYXOR

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

At first I bought the KA bucking, but I never got the chance to try it out due to the fact that the nozzle that comes with the KA conversion kit, ripped my bucking apart.
Now I got the nineball but I havent got the chance to try it out at some longer distance.

Nineball:
Air seal gives best shot-to-shot consistency
Soft type provides less range for a rifle over 400 fps on .2g

FireFly hard:
No air seal can cause a lack of consistency between shots
Hard type bucking adds considerable more range than the Nineball

King Arms:
Mix of the two; has an air seal and is a hard type bucking.

Im not sure wich one is the best, but I would go with the KA bucking. I read many good things about it before.
Be careful when you :censored2: ur rifle after changing to the VSR conversion kit though, cause im sure your nozzle is also too big for these tight buckings. File the edges down a bit on the tip of the nozzle and you will get a smooth cocking action and your rubber will stay intact.

Edited by BYXOR, 21 March 2009 - 04:56 AM.

#14 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (BYXOR @ Mar 21 2009, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At first I bought the KA bucking, but I never got the chance to try it out due to the fact that the nozzle that comes with the KA conversion kit, ripped my bucking apart.
Now I got the nineball but I havent got the chance to try it out at some longer distance.

Nineball:
Air seal gives best shot-to-shot consistency
Soft type provides less range for a rifle over 400 fps on .2g

FireFly hard:
No air seal can cause a lack of consistency between shots
Hard type bucking adds considerable more range than the Nineball

King Arms:
Mix of the two; has an air seal and is a hard type bucking.

Im not sure wich one is the best, but I would go with the KA bucking. I read many good things about it before.
Be careful when you :censored2: ur rifle after changing to the VSR conversion kit though, cause im sure your nozzle is also too big for these tight buckings. File the edges down a bit on the tip of the nozzle and you will get a smooth cocking action and your rubber will stay intact.

k so how much do I file down the edges? and where does the bucking go, just under the metal bucking part that's shaped just like it?

#15 BYXOR

BYXOR

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

I did like this, and its enough.

Edited by BYXOR, 22 March 2009 - 07:24 AM.

#16 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

k and what'd you use to file it? and where does the bucking go again? under the piece that's shaped like it?

#17 BYXOR

BYXOR

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (grey-lo @ Mar 22 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k and what'd you use to file it? and where does the bucking go again? under the piece that's shaped like it?

Just use a common file.
Sorry for my bad english, but I don't know what you are talking about when you refer to the bucking.. a-jester.gif
You do this work on the nozzle so it can penetrate the bucking without ruin it.
When you get the kit, you will see how sharp the nozzle is.

#18 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

okay. by bucking, I mean hop up bucking. the rubber piece. this:

http://www.airsoftpo...10-p-28401.html

#19 BYXOR

BYXOR

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

Here you can see,

2roy

Just scroll down and click the pictures, for a closer look.

#20 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

oooo okay gotcha thanks a bunch man. now I know what to do. I'll post again telling how everything worked out once I get everything

#21 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

k so I got the 2roy but didn't get to install it cuz I need the bucking but here's the important part: the 590mm barrel worked with the 2roy. the endcap replacement that they give you doesn't have a lip, it just covers more ground in the barrel, allowing you to use a shorter inner. it acts like a barrel spacer too which is nice. with the 2roy, you could use a 650mm psg-1 barrel, but you'd probably have alot hanging out the end of the barrel. either way, the 2roy and a 590mm inner work together. I'd say the only possible issue would be inserting the endcap. you have to insert it through the muzzle which means you have to push it down onto the inner barrel for it to work. I'm guessing it's possible for you to rip the hop up rubber doing this since you're basically pushing the inner barrel back into the hop up.

#22 BYXOR

BYXOR

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Sounds interesting..
I have the Tanaka M700 Police model, and I think it has longer outer barrel than other tanakas. I just remember that the endcap that I got with the kit, didnt fit at all in my outer barrel. It was too big. Thats why I now use the old one instead.
However, im not sure if this is the problem I have experienced, cause I tried to take a bucking and just place it over the nozzle and even though I have filed downed the edges its still tight over the nozzle.

But please post here again when you have received your bucking and you have installed everything.

Edited by BYXOR, 26 March 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#23 grey-lo

grey-lo

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

well you gotta insert it through the muzzle, not the end that screws into the receiver. I'm assuming you tried it through the muzzle. it might take a little bit of work to fit it in? I can't say for sure cuz I haven't had experience with that gun. I'm pretty sure you still need to dull the edges of the nozzle. I'm gonna do that as soon as I get my old on out and figure out which side is front and which is the back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users