to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Plate Carrier Or Chest Rig

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Plate carrier or chest rig (10 member(s) have cast votes)

which do you like more? Plate carrier or chest rig? (other?)

1. Plate carrier (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Chest rig (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 suicidepie

suicidepie

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Which do you like more?

Plate carrier or chest rig?

This wasn't made for my own benefit or anything.

Just curious to see what the majority of the airsofting community prefers.

#2 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

I personally prefer chest rigs. More mobility in them, and less weight in some cases. I despise plate carriers for the simple reason of you can't feel hits. I understand the point of realism, but this just brings an excuse for cheating.

#3 Jackel12

Jackel12
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Paintball<br />Bass Guitar<br />Poetry<br />Songwriting

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

I voted plate carriers.

If you get shot on your chest rig you still won't feel it because there is something more than just a shirt between you and the pellet, so you shouldn't really use that as an excuse.

Plate carriers tend to be more expensive, which is the only con in my opinion since they usually don't come with pouches.

The main reason why I voted plate carriers is you can completely customize what pouches you will add.

I tried on a chest rig once to see which one I preferred for feel and I didn't really care for it. It seemed like it hung out a lot more in the front, plus the pouches it had were just not necessary for what I normally play (I'm a shotgunner & ambush sniper).

Your role/position plays a big part on whether you prefer a chest rig or plate carrier too, so my opinion probably doesn't really matter to most people, but I care more about maneuverability, not how many mags you can carry, and the chest rig I tried just didn't seem to fit my body very well.

Edited by Jackel12, 05 April 2009 - 10:52 PM.

If anyone, even a friend, ever walks up to me and says "O.M.G look at that sniper on the shelf. Its so big it must hurt really bad and shoot like 300 feet," I will punch them in the face as hard as I can (plus I have really prominent knuckles), point at them and tell them "No," and walk away as they lay on the ground crying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users