to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing Trigger Guard On A M4?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 csczero

csczero

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

Im trying to remove the trigger guard, theres a spring loaded button on one side which is easy to remove but the other side seems to be a roll pin. I don't have a kit to remove it is there a way I can take it off.

#2 hydralover

hydralover
  • Interests:airsoft, cars

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

If you don't have access to a roll pin punch:
http://www.chinatrad...20590935681.jpg

Make sure you have some superglue handy.
In case you're bored or interested... My stuff and my loadout
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#3 MasKila

MasKila

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

I don't know how posting a picture of bolt cutters is helpful in any way... but the pin needs to be punched out. Be extremely careful as this can break the metal body if you don't support the back side as you're pounding the pin out.

I usually take a star bit of the same size and hit the end of the screwdriver with a rubber mallet to get the pin out.

#4 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (MasKila @ Apr 14 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know how posting a picture of bolt cutters is helpful in any way... but the pin needs to be punched out. Be extremely careful as this can break the metal body if you don't support the back side as you're pounding the pin out.

I usually take a star bit of the same size and hit the end of the screwdriver with a rubber mallet to get the pin out.

The trigger guard pin is a roll pin. You can't punch out roll pins, or they will simply flatten out on one end and become impossible to punch out.

I posted the bolt cutters, because to remove the trigger guard, you can cut it. And you're going to need bolt cutters for that... It's pretty though.
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#5 Mp5man

Mp5man
  • Interests:Airsoft, bikes, gearboxes, art, painting guns, Forums, girls, friends, knives, skating.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Um... Well first you disengage the spring loaded button, then take a thin allen wrench or something that is slightly larger than the circumference of the roll pin, then just tap it out with a hammer.

thanks Onikozah for teh sig.
If you need help fixing or upgrading your gearbox/hop up, PM me!
QUOTE (Kavurcen @ May 4 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG IV GOTZ TEH SWINE FLUZ!!!

#6 Whorify

Whorify
  • Interests:http://www.freewebs.com/nrgmechanics/<br /><br />http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Whorif/

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Apr 14 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The trigger guard pin is a roll pin. You can't punch out roll pins, or they will simply flatten out on one end and become impossible to punch out.

I posted the bolt cutters, because to remove the trigger guard, you can cut it. And you're going to need bolt cutters for that... It's pretty though.

what? you can use a punch set or anything close to the same size diameter of the roll pin to push out the pin. hammer lightly and it'll come out
"We are trained, pushed & tested... In sweat... In blood... 'Till all that is left is Honor, Courage & Commitment to a Brotherhood & a Freedom that no man can take away from us. Through Pain our Strength grows and Battle our Glory rises. Born, Bred for the dogs of War..."

My M4, My Gear, My Past and Present

#7 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Whorify @ Apr 14 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what? you can use a punch set or anything close to the same size diameter of the roll pin to push out the pin. hammer lightly and it'll come out

Hm...didn't work for me. Had to bust out the bolt cutters after I tried to punch, drill, saw, etc.

#8 Whorify

Whorify
  • Interests:http://www.freewebs.com/nrgmechanics/<br /><br />http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Whorif/

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

sometimes it could be insanely tight. but in plastic bodies, it's a breeze. some metal bodies is easy, G&P to me, was the hardest to add or remove a trigger guarder roll pin. fortunately some of us have presses to pop out an pin with ease :D
"We are trained, pushed & tested... In sweat... In blood... 'Till all that is left is Honor, Courage & Commitment to a Brotherhood & a Freedom that no man can take away from us. Through Pain our Strength grows and Battle our Glory rises. Born, Bred for the dogs of War..."

My M4, My Gear, My Past and Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users