to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Kwa's New Gbb's Not Coming! ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well I was was on youtube and someone said KWA has MORE copyright issues.WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM?!?!?Are their GBB's just too awesome?Or too real?Is this even true?The were have trouble with Umerex.Why must you makes this happen to us lord?We just want some great performing airsoft GBB's

Edited by osu5312, 14 April 2009 - 07:22 PM.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANTOHER TOPIC ABOUT WHY TM IS SO GOOD.
QUOTE (M249Dude @ Sep 13 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so based on what ur saying, echo 1 didnt build their own P90? they bought it from another company and magically molded their trades onto the metal body so cleanly?

#2 CruciFICTION

CruciFICTION
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Lacrosse<br />Video Games<br />Military<br />Military History<br />Techno Music<br /><br />other stuff I can't think of.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (osu5312 @ Apr 14 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I was was on youtube and someone said KWA has MORE copyright issues.WHAT IS THE BIG PROBLEM?!?!?Are their GBB's just too awesome?Or too real?Is this even true?The were have trouble with Umerex.Why must you makes this happen to us lord?We just want some great performing airsoft GBB's

WHA? I hope not. Why do companies crack down on GBBs? Whats the deal?

#3 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

I know,but it seems KWA is the only one having trouble.Cyma is also having small troubles
so based on what ur saying, echo 1 didnt build their own P90? they bought it from another company and magically molded their trades onto the metal body so cleanly?

#4 CruciFICTION

CruciFICTION
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Lacrosse<br />Video Games<br />Military<br />Military History<br />Techno Music<br /><br />other stuff I can't think of.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

[quote name='osu5312' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:45 PM' post='17997633']
I know,but it seems KWA is the only one having trouble.Cyma is also having small troubles
[/quote/]

post up something on KWA Forum.

#5 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

I did,I had to make an account.

http://www.kwausa.co...p?showtopic=904
Theres the link

Edited by osu5312, 14 April 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#6 Disco_Dante

Disco_Dante

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

KWA has an American subsidiary that can be sued for copyright infringement.

CYMA is not having any trouble... because they're located in China, where they don't have any issues with copyrights.

#7 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

I meant they are having trouble exporting for some reason.

#8 garret218

garret218

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

Can you provide a link to the youtube video where it says this? It would be very unfortunate if it turns out this were true.
I got soul but I'm not a soldier

#9 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Well one of the staff members replied on the topic on KWA's forum and said it was not true.He said they had not copyright issues what so ever.I thought is why they had to discontinue the glock line?
http://www.kwausa.co...p?showtopic=904
Read what he said.

#10 TechnoMagi

TechnoMagi
  • Interests:Airsoft, 40K, all kinds of stuff.

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

The Glock line is NOT gone. They can not import them whole, so you have to buy a lower and an upper. They never stopped making them.
Current guns:
WE 3.8 Hicapa, TM Desert Eagle
Modified CA B&T Mp5/Mp5k hybrid
KJW M4 GBBr
CYMA M14, DE M3 shotgun

#11 Trevahhhhhh

Trevahhhhhh

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

what about their mp7?
I'm a scammer, I'm a scammer, I'm a scammer...oh oh, I'm a scammer.
love, Vietec.

#12 pagmic

pagmic

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Trevahhhhhh @ Apr 14 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about their mp7?

This may just be a shot in the dark but with the way H&K has been acting with private sales that "Infringe on their product" the might also be going after the manufacturers too. I hope I'm wrong though because I wouldn't mind owning that mp7. Well, worst comes to worst we'll just have to import the Ksc models.

Glock parts, lots of parts at great prices
My computer is down, sorry if I'm late responding to pms, thanks.

#13 TAMU_John

TAMU_John

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (TechnoMagi @ Apr 14 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Glock line is NOT gone. They can not import them whole, so you have to buy a lower and an upper. They never stopped making them.

I love technicalities like that! a-laugh.gif
Quitting. Selling everything SUPER-CHEAP!

TM/Custom AUG 14", MAGs, BDUs, Gear, Pouches, Batteries, Parts, Gearbox parts,
ALL KINDS OF GOODIES!

#14 Allizard

Allizard
  • Interests:Travel, Photography, Gadget etc...

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

My my.... just because we didn't sell the Glock replica doesn't mean we are being sue. Please search around. I have explained a billion times why we pulled "M" series off the shelves.

#15 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate
  • Interests:Fencing Instructor for 20+ years. I teach historical period fencing and modern fencing, as well as a martial art.<br /><br />I ran an indoor Airsoft Field and Store. Now just do outside games and vending.<br /><br />US Army back in the day, NG and ROTC route... <br /><br />Current real weapons: yes<br /><br />Airsoft should be treated with respect. It can be a fun and interesting sport.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

Just got the new 2009 KWA catalog... the MP7 is being made FOR Umarex...so I don't think they are having a fight with Umarex.

Also, on the H&K front... in another thread I wrote to, and got a reply back from, H&K-USA. He sounded genuinely on the side of airsoft regarding the issue of trademarks... however, it was basically out of his hands... but that he would forward my letter on up the chain... and also that mine was not the first.

The stinger (to them anyway, and it was NOT an idle threat... I never make idle threats) was that I am no longer considering buying another H&K product in real steel... and I've owned a couple in the past... so now they are losing money on their real steel sales due to their ideas with trades.

That being said, the Glock issue with KWA has been out in the open for a while. They were doing what any good corporate citizen does when faced with a potential legal issue... they follow the law... and the law in the USA says cease and desist... and Glock went the extra mile (and goodness knows how many legal $$$) to make sure that they had a lock on their shape and trigger design, etc, etc...

Maybe H&K will let it go... maybe not... or maybe one of the licensers of products will get a legal copy in the USA (and who knows, it might not even suck...) Or not...
-THE Paisley Pirate- <=== Read at your own peril
Need a Gun worked on? Fast Turn Around. Any Make. References.

#16 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:16 AM

Ok people the issue has been resolved,the mod can shut this down if he wishes.

#17 Level7g

Level7g
  • Interests:Airsoft... what else?

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (osu5312 @ Apr 16 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok people the issue has been resolved,the mod can shut this down if he wishes.

There wasn't any issue to begin with.
凸 ^_^)

#18 Nodaisho

Nodaisho

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Paisley Pirate @ Apr 16 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The stinger (to them anyway, and it was NOT an idle threat... I never make idle threats) was that I am no longer considering buying another H&K product in real steel... and I've owned a couple in the past... so now they are losing money on their real steel sales due to their ideas with trades.

I doubt that would make the least bit of a difference to them. You're a US civilian, not an operator, which means you should be honored that they would even let you have the most neutered of their designs, with horrible tech support and an extra side of condescension. Because you suck, and they hate you.
'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? your grace.'
'I know that one,' said Vimes. 'Who watches the watchman? Me, Mr. Pessimal.'
'Ah, but who watches you, your grace?' said the inspector, with a brief smile.
'I do that, too. All the time,' said Vimes. 'Believe me.' -Thud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users