to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Tm M14 Socom Vs. Ca M14 Scout

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kaiyak

kaiyak

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:07 AM

So I am looking to buy one of these two relatively soon. I'm debating between these two and one of the biggest factors that has arisen is the price difference...It's about $100 more for the TM version which is only about 4mm shorter than the CA version. I was looking for some opinion on which one may be better, or information from people who may own one, or both of them..Thanks

#2 hydralover

hydralover
  • Interests:airsoft, cars

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:29 AM

I know you didn't mention it, but why not G&G?
In case you're bored or interested... My stuff and my loadout
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#3 Vegas

Vegas

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:25 AM

TM M14 hop up > CA M14 hop up

TM M14's in my experience have much farther ranges than those of CA and G&G's.

Although G&G's are very nice....

Edited by Vegas, 30 April 2009 - 05:25 AM.

#4 ScoutSniper67

ScoutSniper67

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

^^G&Gs are very nice. I have the SOC 16 and it's a great gun. Compared to the feel of my friends CYMA M14 (TM clone), the stock is beefier, and feels great to hold. The TM style stock is slimmer, that's because TM guns aren't made to real gun dimensions. So it depends on if you want better look and feel or better long term reliability. I say get the CA or G&G and save the $100 for mags and possible upgrades.

#5 kaiyak

kaiyak

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

overall the thing I'm looking for most is performance, and of course long term reliability as I will be playing a lot this summer. I'm not so much of a fan of G&G so I think I'm going to stick with either CA or TM

#6 hightower

hightower

Camaro>Airsoft=no more airsoft for me

• 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Hunting, Fishing, Marksmanship (to me, that means shooting a bolt action rifle, with iron sights), training my Bird Dog

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

TM!!!!!!!!!!
Tokyo Marui mags will be cheaper because you can use clone mags. There are no clone mags for G&G or CA.
I like to drive.

#7 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

I'd get the TM, all the CA's I've seen were sub-par. They're not very good clones of the G&G.
Current Primary: Polarstar m16

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX <AT> Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM)
^most people you know is stupid...

#8 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

G&G's are pretty amazing m14's they have much stronger internals and are basically pre upgraded. They have a great ROF and a working bolt catch which the TM lacks

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#9 YesOfficer

YesOfficer
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Beer

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (kaiyak @ Apr 30 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not so much of a fan of G&G so I think I'm going to stick with either CA or TM

can I ask why? past experience? The newer 4th generation M14s are pretty amazing. The 1 and only downside is the magazine prices. I love mine to death.

#10 namloot

namloot

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

I have a TM M14 OD (full size). TM M14s are about the most accurate stock AEGs, period (although the new G&P M14s, which are a 100% TM clone may top them). Left stock, they will last forever. I've seen a lot of M14s on my local field and non can touch a TM.

Good luck.

Bob
My Marui M14, Custom Marui AK47 and Custom Marui G36KV

#11 ScoutSniper67

ScoutSniper67

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ May 1 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can I ask why? past experience? The newer 4th generation M14s are pretty amazing. The 1 and only downside is the magazine prices. I love mine to death.

The G&G can use CA mags, and they only cost $25 a piece. Not really a downside, considering the price of TM M14 hicaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users