to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

G36k "ksk"

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.99

Mr.99

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

My recently finished project:

A G36k "KSK", as used by the Bundeswehr Kommando Spezialkräfte (German Army Special Forces)

It features a so called "KSK-Rail", which is a Weaver Rail, replacing the standard Main Battle Sight (Scope +Red Dot), an Aimpoint CompSight and a vertical foregrip, as well as a green/olive-only paintjob.

#2 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

so the "ksk" rail is basically a standard g36 one with a flat top kit and the octagonal angles cut out of the bottom of it?
was it made that way or is it your own mod?

Edited by Dusti69, 02 May 2009 - 03:53 PM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#3 Mr.99

Mr.99

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

Yes, the Rail was made this way.
Nowadays it's mostly used on G36 "Sniper" versions, but sometimes you can see it on assaulter's weapons, too.
The big advantage is that your reflex sight is at a more normal height, compared with the standard G36 one. And it would allow you to use Mp7 Flip-Up Sights as an BUIS.

#4 ScoutSniper67

ScoutSniper67

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

I like the green, you did a very good job painting it.

#5 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I HAVE to know where you got the KSK rail - is it RS?

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#6 Mr.99

Mr.99

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Sorry I have to dissapoint you, but it's just "half RS". Meaning someone fabricated them via CNC by himself for a limited number.

Sometimes there are RS ones to buy over the Internet, but they're damn expensive, starting from 200€ (about 250-280$) upwards.

#7 airsoftglen

airsoftglen
  • Interests:snowboarding, wakeboarding, longboarding, kayaking, xbox, photography, mountain biking, golf, pretty much anything outside. <br />Oh yea, and airsoft...

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

I thought you could just buy the STAR ones on ASGI for like 40$?

#8 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

No, those are C rails.

Still the guy you asked did a nice job :P

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#9 Mr.99

Mr.99

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, he did hell of a job...

The main advantage, also with "real steel" variants of the C-Rail, is that the C-Rail is made from plastics, the KSK one from metal. This makes it more durable.
Also, a KSK-Rail is slightly higher than a C one

#10 Keyser

Keyser

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Cuzz, please tell me , Where can I order those mags?!! they are the last piece I need for my G36K DMR!
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Are you my friend....or my enemy?" - Jared Nomak

"Embrace the other side....become the animal". - William Styker

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women."- Conan the Barbarian

#11 hXc_infantry

hXc_infantry
  • SOA Name: HxC_Infantry

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

Those mags can be one of a few brands. They could be Dboys standard 50 rounders, CA standards, TM standards, or even TM standard mags.

You can buy them pretty much anywhere. Google is your friend.
Milsim all the way.

#12 Mr.99

Mr.99

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Those mags are Classic Army and Tokyo Marui 50rd low-caps, clipped together and secured with elastic bands (one around the mags to hold them and one between to pull them)
You could also use duct tape and some cord (e.g. paracord) instead of the elastic bands.

It's done this way because single G36 mags tend to get stuck if you try to pull them out of a double mag pouch.

#13 wybot360

wybot360
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, Snowboarding, Bodyboarding, and Computers

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Don't like the paint.....but would be good for Germany..

#14 KerryKing

KerryKing

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

Haha, greetings my dear friend.
As I told you before, I like your Hulk G36k.
"In our everyday world there's a lot of stuff that has to deal with death. A lot of people don't like that but to me without death life would be meaningless." (D. Mustaine)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users