to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

I Have Questions About Playing On Other Property

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FUBARphil

FUBARphil
  • Interests:Me and about 7 other people airsoft as much as possible

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

Alright, here's the deal. If you go to play on another property and there is nothing saying you cant play there, could you still get in trouble. I know for a fact that if there is no posted signs, etc. you cannot get in trouble for being there, is it the same for airsoft I personally think theres nothing wrong with it, but is it differant with airsoft, what do you guys think? oh I also live in upstate NY, so if you want to send a list of laws don't be shy.

Edited by FUBARphil, 03 June 2009 - 07:41 PM.

Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f*****g: walrus-looking piece of s**t:. Get the f**k: off of my obstacle. Get the f**k: down off of my obstacle. Now. Move it. I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo.-SGT.hartman,full metal jacket

#2 Kavurcen

Kavurcen
  • Interests:Airsofting, Couchsofting, MW2, and food. Lots of food.
  • SOA Name: Kavurcen

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

If it's public property, it's not illegal, but it's stupid and can get you into trouble.
I have FS threads on Airsoft Barracks

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

#3 fastkevin

fastkevin

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

It's totally dependent on local laws and codes. What my be legal in Arizona, may not be in New York, I.e. in your area just because its not posted it doesn't mean it's legal to screw around on private property.
I would think running around in camo and shooting at people who look the same and are doing the same thing(or not) with what looks like a real weapon, isn't the smartest idea ANYWHERE other than your own land, or an area where you have permission to be doing it from the owner. Even then, you still run the risk of a passer-by not liking what they see, and calling the Popo. I'm a firm believer in playing at designated areas only.

Edited by fastkevin, 06 June 2009 - 07:30 AM.

#4 itsahak

itsahak
  • Interests:Mixed Martial Arts, airsoft, books, movies.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

Your "known fact" is incorrect. You can be charged with trespassing, even if no signs are posted. I have charged and convicted people for just such things. Trespassing is simply being somewhere that you don't belong or have permission to be. Remember the law is legal not logical. It doesn't consider ignorance of the law as an excuse (think of speeding. It doesn't matter if you knew what the speed limit was or not, if you're going over it, you're getting tagged regardless of your knowledge).

Remember, there is no property that isn't owned by someone. IF it's not in private/corporate hands it belongs to the city/county/state/federal governments. And though "publicly owned" lands can be fine for some activities, I find airsoft is usually not one of them. Especially in our ever growing hysteria against anything even remotely resembling a firearm! Here's what you can do...

Find your local city/county registrar's office. There you can request to view the information on a parcel of land. Through the Freedom of Information act, you can view these things, though sometimes they'll charge a small fee. In my area we have it online where we can check owners names, tax info, etc etc. Then you can contact the land owner and request permission. I prefer to do so in person, but barring that a letter would be fine.

Edited by itsahak, 06 June 2009 - 08:41 AM.

Wil
See how easy life can be?

#5 King Five

King Five

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

It is illegal to play airsoft on public property, or private property you do not have permission to play on. If you don't have permission to airsoft there, you probably don't have permission to be there(not always, but usually).
Shepherd6

#6 Kavurcen

Kavurcen

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

Even if it isn't illegal, it is stupid and it's stuff like that that gives airsoft a bad name.

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

#7 FUBARphil

FUBARphil
  • Interests:Me and about 7 other people airsoft as much as possible

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

If theres not anything saying you cant be there than theres probably no big issue, as long as your not hurting anything. If they didn't want you there they would probably make it more clear.
Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f*****g: walrus-looking piece of s**t:. Get the f**k: off of my obstacle. Get the f**k: down off of my obstacle. Now. Move it. I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo.-SGT.hartman,full metal jacket

#8 Kavurcen

Kavurcen

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (FUBARphil @ Jun 7 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If theres not anything saying you cant be there than theres probably no big issue, as long as your not hurting anything. If they didn't want you there they would probably make it more clear.

NO. WRONG.
Never play anywhere besides a designated airsoft field.

#9 travislikescoolstuff

travislikescoolstuff

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (itsahak @ Jun 6 2009, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, there is no property that isn't owned by someone.

Incorrect, Antarctica is not owned by anyone or any country.

#10 Slayer750

Slayer750
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously), Xbox 360, South Park and Family Guy

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

nvm

Edited by Slayer750, 09 June 2009 - 09:34 PM.

Props to eege for the sig!
My armory/rifles!
G&P M14 DMR Review

#11 Kavurcen

Kavurcen

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (travislikescoolstuff @ Jun 9 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Incorrect, Antarctica is not owned by anyone or any country.

Technically, correct me if I'm wrong, it is owned by the United Nations Council.

#12 CCX

CCX
  • Interests:Music, the internet, Need for Speed, airsoft, friends, skateboarding, hockey
  • SOA Name: CCX

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

Honestly I don't think anyone would care if somebody was playing airsoft in Antarctica, but what I wonder more is why you would want to in the first place. Unless you're REALLY hardcore.

[EBHM4]: You see, these are the types of thoughts that make me funny to males, but entirely unsuccessful in picking up chicks

#13 ah dinosaur!

ah dinosaur!

Invest, Repair, Sell, Repeat

• Authorized Seller Free
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:I've just gotten into actual airsoft gaming, and I'm quite enjoying it. I do still enjoy 'chairsofting' and the part of airsoft away from the field. I sell A LOT of stuff, check out my sales.
  • SOA Name: ah dinosaur

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (King Five @ Jun 6 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is illegal to play airsoft on public property, or private property you do not have permission to play on. If you don't have permission to airsoft there, you probably don't have permission to be there(not always, but usually).

Actually, no it's not. There is public land out by 'the river' where the local games are. Because it's public land (owned by city/county I'm not sure) We are allowed to be there. The organizers of the event have sought permission from whoever owns the land (city/county, again, not sure, but it IS public) They also notify the police when they are having an event to avoid issues.

and let's not get started on Antarctica. posting about things that are unrelated and focusing on minor contradictory details ARE rankposting.
Check my Sales!
QUOTE (NUSCerick @ Dec 31 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you snipe, or actually play airsoft...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users