IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES TO THE "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum
(basic free seller accounts have been discontinued except for AS-Elite - see below for details)
There are 3 ways to sell your airsoft items here on our forum; one is "Authorized Sellers - Paid" and the other for "ASF Sponsors". If you don't want to pay and you have an account on some other related sports forum with more than 300 posts there, see below for details for an alternate free method.
Authorized Sellers are people that have used items to get rid of and maybe a new item or two that you didn't have a need for. The Authorized Seller account is not for dealers, retailers, suppliers, distributors or people trying to run a business selling airsoft. If that is your intention you need to have an "ASF Sponsor" account to sell new items here. For a detailed explanation on dealers, suppliers, and retailers please read the following page: http://www.airsoftfo...irsoft-sponsors and create an advertiser or sponsor account. if you have questions please text or email me - do not use the PM system here to reach me.
If you wish to sell your used items here in the "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum, you can do one of 3 things:
#1, Pay for an Advertiser or Sponsor account: (click here for details.)
#2, Pay for an Authorized Seller account (click here for details (login required))
#3 The alternate free method is for people that have an account on another sports related forum with more than 300 posts there. The idea is for you to help us promote http://www.SportsOnlyAuction.com (SOA) and you must have a complete / updated profile here to be manually added to the "Authorized Seller Elite" member group. keep in mind that there may be some delay before you are added because we have to verify that you are in compliance with the things you must do. If you don't want to wait - then pay. Paid accounts are automatically updated immediately...
"Upgraded Accounts" can now also...
a. open and close their own topics!
b. get 5 days to edit your posts whereas everyone else only gets 24 hours.
That being said though,
- IF you are going to edit your original post, please edit it wisely and DO NOT WIPE IT OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR REMOVE ITEMS THAT HAVE SOLD. We would like to keep a record of the topic and the items listed. We PREFER that you update your "Original Post" (OP) in a reply, but if you must edit your original to fix a MISTAKE, then do it wisely so that 6 months from now when someone else comes along and wants to review what you did, they can read a topic that makes chronological sense.
MORE ON THIS REASON...
The main reasons for the previous 24 hour limit on editing a post was so that the original post could not be altered. This was set like that to reduce scamming and to limit the ability of a dishonest seller going back and changing something that wasn't originally part of the deal. Also, by not allowing people to just go back and delete or blank out their original post, it maintained integrity for the entire Airsoft Forum here in terms of creating a library or history of content.
For example.... If you sell your item and 6 months later someone wants to check your thread but all they find is "SORRY this item SOLD" for an original post or topic title - then that would hurt the board here and not be very useful for future visitors to that topic who may want to see what it sold for, etc.
Additionally, by disallowing people to go back and change the price or quantity, or item and forcing them to update their OP with a reply - this keeps the post more understandable and user friendly as well as less confusing. it also forces the viewers to actually read the topic and replies - not just the first post.
c. Normally external links here in member signatures are NOT ALLOWED (except by paid Advertisers and Sponsors).
1. Above says to email me... I rarely check this topic (if ever) - so if you do not email me - you could be waiting for a long time, and
2. You must also have a completed / updated profile here such as age, location, alternate email, phone number, etc..
3. Your "signature link" must be clickable, it must be a hyper link that a person can click on and go to the SportsOnlyAuction.com website (not have to type it in)
4. The link must go to SportsOnlyAuction.com - not an advertisement page first. I am finding that some websites (such as airsoftsociety.com) take you to an obscure advertisement page first and force the person to choose the correct link to actually go to the website - that's not going to fly.
5. Your link will not work on a forum that requires the viewer to login in order to see the link.
6. Signature links should look something like the following when you edit them:
UPDATED: July 12th, 2012
Edited by admin, 15 July 2012 - 06:58 PM.
basic free seller program discontinued