to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Important New Rule For "Authorized Sellers"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

UPDATED: July 12th, 2012

IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES TO THE "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum

(basic free seller accounts have been discontinued except for AS-Elite - see below for details)

There are 3 ways to sell your airsoft items here on our forum; one is "Authorized Sellers - Paid" and the other for "ASF Sponsors". If you don't want to pay and you have an account on some other related sports forum with more than 300 posts there, see below for details for an alternate free method.

Authorized Sellers are people that have used items to get rid of and maybe a new item or two that you didn't have a need for. The Authorized Seller account is not for dealers, retailers, suppliers, distributors or people trying to run a business selling airsoft. If that is your intention you need to have an "ASF Sponsor" account to sell new items here. For a detailed explanation on dealers, suppliers, and retailers please read the following page: http://www.airsoftfo...irsoft-sponsors and create an advertiser or sponsor account. if you have questions please text or email me - do not use the PM system here to reach me.

If you wish to sell your used items here in the "Airsoft Items For Sale" Forum, you can do one of 3 things:

#1, Pay for an Advertiser or Sponsor account: (click here for details.)

#2, Pay for an Authorized Seller account (click here for details (login required))

#3 The alternate free method is for people that have an account on another sports related forum with more than 300 posts there. The idea is for you to help us promote http://www.SportsOnlyAuction.com (SOA) and you must have a complete / updated profile here to be manually added to the "Authorized Seller Elite" member group. keep in mind that there may be some delay before you are added because we have to verify that you are in compliance with the things you must do. If you don't want to wait - then pay. Paid accounts are automatically updated immediately...

Added Bonus....
"Upgraded Accounts" can now also...

a. open and close their own topics!
b. get 5 days to edit your posts whereas everyone else only gets 24 hours.

That being said though,
- IF you are going to edit your original post, please edit it wisely and DO NOT WIPE IT OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR REMOVE ITEMS THAT HAVE SOLD. We would like to keep a record of the topic and the items listed. We PREFER that you update your "Original Post" (OP) in a reply, but if you must edit your original to fix a MISTAKE, then do it wisely so that 6 months from now when someone else comes along and wants to review what you did, they can read a topic that makes chronological sense.

MORE ON THIS REASON...
The main reasons for the previous 24 hour limit on editing a post was so that the original post could not be altered. This was set like that to reduce scamming and to limit the ability of a dishonest seller going back and changing something that wasn't originally part of the deal. Also, by not allowing people to just go back and delete or blank out their original post, it maintained integrity for the entire Airsoft Forum here in terms of creating a library or history of content.

For example.... If you sell your item and 6 months later someone wants to check your thread but all they find is "SORRY this item SOLD" for an original post or topic title - then that would hurt the board here and not be very useful for future visitors to that topic who may want to see what it sold for, etc.

Additionally, by disallowing people to go back and change the price or quantity, or item and forcing them to update their OP with a reply - this keeps the post more understandable and user friendly as well as less confusing. it also forces the viewers to actually read the topic and replies - not just the first post.

c. Normally external links here in member signatures are NOT ALLOWED (except by paid Advertisers and Sponsors).

IMPORTANT:

1. Above says to email me... I rarely check this topic (if ever) - so if you do not email me - you could be waiting for a long time, and
2. You must also have a completed / updated profile here such as age, location, alternate email, phone number, etc..
3. Your "signature link" must be clickable, it must be a hyper link that a person can click on and go to the SportsOnlyAuction.com website (not have to type it in)
4. The link must go to SportsOnlyAuction.com - not an advertisement page first. I am finding that some websites (such as airsoftsociety.com) take you to an obscure advertisement page first and force the person to choose the correct link to actually go to the website - that's not going to fly.
5. Your link will not work on a forum that requires the viewer to login in order to see the link.
6. Signature links should look something like the following when you edit them:
CODE
  [url="http://sportsonlyauction.com"]Airsoft Auctions[/url] or [url=http://sportsonlyauction.com]Airsoft Auctions[/url] (without quotes)... or HTML Code: <a href="http://sportsonlyauction.com">Airsoft Auctions</a>
or simply: http://www.SportsOnlyAuction.com listed in your signature there (but the anchor text "Airsoft Auctions" is preferred. If its a paintball, football or some other forum, make the anchor text relative to the site you post the link on.

UPDATED: July 12th, 2012

Edited by admin, 15 July 2012 - 06:58 PM.
basic free seller program discontinued

od712m_tn.jpg

Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#2 Tactically Casual

Tactically Casual
  • Interests:stuff,people,places

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

Wheres the money going? How does this protect buyers/sellers any more then the old system did? how much revenue has been generated thus far? I think these are important questions that should be answered. Better yet, is this forum part of a non profit organization?

Edited by Tactically Casual, 03 March 2010 - 02:00 AM.

#3 NGOB

NGOB

The New Guy on the Block isn't so new anymore...

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts
  • Interests:I love to drive and work on SAAB cars<br /><br />Alumni of the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology **RANKED BEST HIGH SCHOOL IN THE US BY USNEWS**<br /><br />Undergraduate Industrial Systems Engineering at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

The money goes to paying the server fees. The number of scams has dropped significantly with this new system.

#4 ah dinosaur!

ah dinosaur!

Invest, Repair, Sell, Repeat

• Authorized Seller Free
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:I've just gotten into actual airsoft gaming, and I'm quite enjoying it. I do still enjoy 'chairsofting' and the part of airsoft away from the field. I sell A LOT of stuff, check out my sales.
  • SOA Name: ah dinosaur

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

I just want to say that using SOA is actually really easy. You can toss up an ad in like 5 seconds and it's nice to have a record of a sale in case things go south.
Check my Sales!
QUOTE (NUSCerick @ Dec 31 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you snipe, or actually play airsoft...

#5 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

the rules have been updated, please read the first post in this topic. the basic change is that the free seller account program has been discontinued as people continue to abuse my offer and remove their signature links. This is the 3rd time, I have had to change or revise the free seller account option because people can not seem to maintain a link to SOA in exchange for a free account here. Therefore the rules on free accounts are being tightened even further. If you don't wish to deal with the hassle, simply pay the $4.95 a month, low quarterly or yearly rate and be done with it.

od712m_tn.jpg

Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#6 Airsofttech

Airsofttech

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

So basically on order to sell something you need to buy an account?

Edited by airborne101, 25 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.
Please don't quote walls of text.

#7 jgm

jgm
  • Interests:AIRSOFT! Friends, music, sports of all kinds, parties, pretty much anything!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yes, correct.
Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

#8 ENH Studios

ENH Studios

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Just do a google search for your local forums, frankly, this is retarded...server fee's are not that much. If your server Fee's are outrageous, then you need to re-evaluate your hosting provider. It wouldn't surprise me if all this money is being pocketed. When you key in the address in the URL bar, airsoftforum.com you are prompted with a website update statement that has been there for over 5 months. These "Server Fee's" should have fixed whatever issue you are neglecting to fix.

Plus, I see all sorts of banner ads, you must be pulling in some money off of those. So these "Server Fee's" are a way to line your own pockets.

Edited by ENH Studios, 18 May 2014 - 08:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users