to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

USR-11 Spring to HPA/CO2 conversion?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bobgengeskahn

bobgengeskahn

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hello all,

Before you start to flame me on this let me clarify that this is a SPRING rifle at the moment and I am trying to convert it to CO2, and I have not seen anything quite like it in the many searches I have done (maybe I'm blind). I know there are quite a few GG to CO2 or HPA conversions out there, but this is what I'm working with. I have been lurking this forum and others for a long time contemplating this project and finally bought the rifle last week and have been playing with it trying to visualize what I'm going to do before I start drilling holes in it.

It is a previously owned VSR-11 spring that I want to change to CO2 and make it look as clean as possible. Ideally there will only be an HPA/ASA hook up on the bottom of the stock when I'm done with it.

The major problem that I am having in the design process is converting the spring trigger to operate some kind of valve for the CO2. I have contemplated eletric valves, but they are too big or aren't able to handel the pressure (~300 PSI).

If I don't get flamed and there is an interest maybe I will post more details on the actual gas system, but right now the problem is the trigger.

( sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure if it should go in the "upgrades and mods" or the "sniper rifle" forum)

Thanks in advance!

#2 osu5312

osu5312

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

Have you been on airsoftmechanics forum's yet? They do alot mof mods over their, they could probaly help yopu more.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE ANTOHER TOPIC ABOUT WHY TM IS SO GOOD.
QUOTE (M249Dude @ Sep 13 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so based on what ur saying, echo 1 didnt build their own P90? they bought it from another company and magically molded their trades onto the metal body so cleanly?

#3 bobgengeskahn

bobgengeskahn

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (osu5312 @ Jul 18 2009, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you been on airsoftmechanics forum's yet? They do alot mof mods over their, they could probaly help yopu more.

Thans for the ref. I spent a while checking it out... not really the route I wanted to go, a lot of them focus on electronic mods and such from what I saw. If I wanted to make an AEG sniper, I woulda just used a big motor...

#4 BoNZi

BoNZi
  • Interests:Airsoft, Pro Gaming, Mountain Biking and the finer things in life.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Sorry to say, but the durability of a plastic springer will not withstand the pressures of gas. I really do not see how you plan to make a rig because spring guns have very limited spacing and such.

#5 Sniper2160

Sniper2160

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (bobgengeskahn @ Jul 18 2009, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

Before you start to flame me on this let me clarify that this is a SPRING rifle at the moment and I am trying to convert it to CO2, and I have not seen anything quite like it in the many searches I have done (maybe I'm blind). I know there are quite a few GG to CO2 or HPA conversions out there, but this is what I'm working with. I have been lurking this forum and others for a long time contemplating this project and finally bought the rifle last week and have been playing with it trying to visualize what I'm going to do before I start drilling holes in it.

It is a previously owned VSR-11 spring that I want to change to CO2 and make it look as clean as possible. Ideally there will only be an HPA/ASA hook up on the bottom of the stock when I'm done with it.

The major problem that I am having in the design process is converting the spring trigger to operate some kind of valve for the CO2. I have contemplated eletric valves, but they are too big or aren't able to handel the pressure (~300 PSI).

If I don't get flamed and there is an interest maybe I will post more details on the actual gas system, but right now the problem is the trigger.

( sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure if it should go in the "upgrades and mods" or the "sniper rifle" forum)

Thanks in advance!

The Trigger doesnt release a valve, a spring and piston set up does, the gas should be housed in the upper part of the cylinder with a long valve, when the gun is fired, the sping loaded piston moves forward and releases the gas. works alot like it does now but with a smaller area of spring.

#6 bobgengeskahn

bobgengeskahn

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (BoNZi @ Jul 19 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to say, but the durability of a plastic springer will not withstand the pressures of gas. I really do not see how you plan to make a rig because spring guns have very limited spacing and such.

yeah... it is a HFC copy of the vsr (I.e. not a $10 toy store springer). In the last 2-3 days I think Ive completed my design... it will be a few days for the reg and some stuff to get here in the mail, I will post detailed pics and such either in this thread or start a new one if people are interested...

#7 bobgengeskahn

bobgengeskahn

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Sniper2160 @ Jul 19 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Trigger doesnt release a valve, a spring and piston set up does, the gas should be housed in the upper part of the cylinder with a long valve, when the gun is fired, the sping loaded piston moves forward and releases the gas. works alot like it does now but with a smaller area of spring.

lol and here I thought I was being smart. having never seen the inside of a gas rifle I made a few assumptions and came to the conclusion that this ^ was what I was going to end up doing :-p

#8 BoNZi

BoNZi
  • Interests:Airsoft, Pro Gaming, Mountain Biking and the finer things in life.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:17 AM

TBH honest for the work and money you're going to put into this you might as well as get a gas sniper and be happy.

#9 Sniper2160

Sniper2160

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (bobgengeskahn @ Jul 20 2009, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol and here I thought I was being smart. having never seen the inside of a gas rifle I made a few assumptions and came to the conclusion that this ^ was what I was going to end up doing :-p

they also sell a gas cylinder for the VSR-10

#10 bobgengeskahn

bobgengeskahn

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (BoNZi @ Jul 20 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TBH honest for the work and money you're going to put into this you might as well as get a gas sniper and be happy.

yeah, I know. I saw that before I started, I just thought it would be kind of cool to do and a challenge... now its just turning into a headache lol, but I'll get it done eventually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users