to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Edgi 6.00 inner Barrels

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 sniperelite7

sniperelite7
  • SOA Name: Brad T.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hey all, I was doing some routine maintinence on my mad bull 6.03 barrel. Looking down it I saw some black spots, after several swabbings, I realized that it was not dirt and that the barrel was chipping. I think madbulls have teflon in them that wears out after a couple thousand rounds correct?

Anyway I found this as the perfect excuse to get an edgi barrel, and I want to get something between a 6.01 or preferably 6.00. My main concern is jamming but reading the testimonies of some people. One guy used a 6.00 barrel for a couple of months without cleaning it no jams. So I am leaning to squeezing every last bit of accuracy out of this rifle so I am going for the 6.00 ported. This sound like a good idea. My main BB as of now is the goldenball .30s and some P-foce .30s that are stocked at the local airsoft shop. Opinions or advice.

Also I am kind off unfamiliar with edgis ordering system. I sent them an email yesterday. Got nothing today. Do they usually take a little time?

#2 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

I wouldn't get anything lower than 6.01mm mainly because there's always the chance of getting a bb that is larger than what the manufactuer says it is.
Current Primary: Polarstar m16

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX <AT> Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM)
^most people you know is stupid...

#3 airsoft159

airsoft159
  • SOA Name: Steven Kelley

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 11 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't get anything lower than 6.01mm mainly because there's always the chance of getting a bb that is larger than what the manufactuer says it is.

....Which, in most cases, would still be less than 6mm. My G&Gs say ~5.95, and there is no way a high end BB would be that off.

#4 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

Yeah I considered the BBs, Once I run through my Goldenball Bb's going to go for the Biovals which as I understand are a tad on the small side.

Edited by sniperelite7, 11 August 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#5 namloot

namloot

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (sniperelite7 @ Aug 11 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think madbulls have teflon in them that wears out after a couple thousand rounds correct?

Not correct.

The original Madbull inner barrels, which haven't been sold for a few years, had a flaking problem. The new v2 barrels do not flake or chip unless they are abused, in which case even a metal barrel could be damaged. They certainly do not wear out.

Try cleaning the barrel with a solvent, such as acetone (don't get any acetone on any rubber or plastic parts).

If you use good BBs, a 6.00 or 6.01 inner barrel will not jam. Keep in mind, there will be no accuracy advantage in going to a 6.00 or 6.01 barrel as opposed to a 6.03 or 6.04.

Good luck.

Edited by namloot, 12 August 2009 - 12:26 AM.

Bob
My Marui M14, Custom Marui AK47 and Custom Marui G36KV

#6 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14
  • Interests:airsoft, basketball, video games, guitar, tennis

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

I personally wouldn't only use 6.01mms for snipers. They work fine in AEGs, but they get dirty pretty quickly. I would go for a Promy 6.03mm or an Edgi 6.02mm.

Custom JG G36K-Madbull 6.03mm 363mm tightbore, Falcon 70 degree bucking, Deans, Guarder spring guide, Guarder SP110, Element POM bearing piston head, #14 O ring, longer air nozzle, SRC type 0 cylinder, dream army 7mm bushings, AOE adjusted
Youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/Stealthmaster15?feature=mhum

Airsoft is pretend war, but for big boys

#7 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (airsoft159 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....Which, in most cases, would still be less than 6mm. My G&Gs say ~5.95, and there is no way a high end BB would be that off.

I beg to differ, I've been getting funky shaped bio bbs from Javelin. Again you're just going off what the bag says, measure every single bb and see it they're exactly 5.95. The only bb's I personally would trust to be used in a 6mm barrel would be Madbulls sniper bbs or biovals .28's which are banned at a couple fields because they tend to break car windows. a-laugh.gif

#8 Suzaku

Suzaku
  • Interests:Airsofting<br />Monster Hunting
  • SOA Name: Suzaku

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 12 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I beg to differ, I've been getting funky shaped bio bbs from Javelin. Again you're just going off what the bag says, measure every single bb and see it they're exactly 5.95. The only bb's I personally would trust to be used in a 6mm barrel would be Madbulls sniper bbs or biovals .28's which are banned at a couple fields because they tend to break car windows. a-laugh.gif

Madbull sniper bbs have been defective as of late so it might be an issue in the tighter bore barrels.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!
AEG Hair Trigger Guide
New for sale: Gas Inlet Valve O-rings, Graw Vest, CAW M203, MP7 stuff and more.

#9 Lizzard

Lizzard
  • Interests:THINGS.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:49 AM

I think a 6.00mm barrel is a little overkill for anything but a sniper rifle. They're not designed for guns which are going to be putting out a decent number of shots, and the additional accuracy over a 6.01 is going to be negligible. They're only beneficial for a rifle where you really only get one or two shots, not an automatic or semiautomatic weapon which can fire a great volume of rounds down range in a short period of time.

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the BB is over 0.5mm larger than it's supposed to be, I suggest you buy different brand BBs.

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 12 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip*
trust to be used in a 6mm barrel would be Madbulls sniper bbs or biovals .28's which are banned at a couple fields because they tend to break car windows. a-laugh.gif

The BBs are not breaking car windows, the guns are. Biovals are not any more "powerful" than other BBs of the same weight.
<3>

#10 airsoft159

airsoft159
  • SOA Name: Steven Kelley

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 12 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, then I would have to say that Javelin's are not high quality bbs. If they are that inconsistent, then I wouldn't even want them in my gun. And going off the bag, it says +-5.95, and I am willing to bet that is 99.9% accurate, and no one said anything about them being EXACTLY 5.95.

I too say go a little bigger, at least 6.01.

#11 Mental Medic

Mental Medic

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 12 2009, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The BBs are not breaking car windows, the guns are. Biovals are not any more "powerful" than other BBs of the same weight.

But they are harder. They don't warp as fast as an ABS bb, which means that the impact energy is focused on the initial point of contact longer. This equates to better penetration ability.

#12 p4ndora

p4ndora
  • Interests:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?<br /><br />I like memes. The more obscure, the better.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Mental Medic @ Aug 12 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they are harder. They don't warp as fast as an ABS bb, which means that the impact energy is focused on the initial point of contact longer. This equates to better penetration ability.

You can break a car window with a Crosman .20 with an exit velocity of 400fps.

Biovals are not dangerous.

Read the thread about this in the sniper sub-section. Don't spew excessive ignorance everywhere.

Your friendly neighborhood melodic deathmetal fanatic. Props to Koper for the sig.
Member of the Day 4/8/10, as bestowed by Lonewolf1990.

#13 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Mental Medic @ Aug 12 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still, a BB of the same weight fired from the same gun is going to break a window as well. Additionally, you shouldn't be playing anywhere near cars anyway, so this really shouldn't be a problem.
<3>

#14 Mental Medic

Mental Medic

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 12 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still, a BB of the same weight fired from the same gun is going to break a window as well. Additionally, you shouldn't be playing anywhere near cars anyway, so this really shouldn't be a problem.

No, bbs of the same weight will have the same potential energy at set distances, but will transfer their kinetic energy in accordance with its hardness. A softer material will have a greater impulse. The longer the time it takes to transfer energy, the greater the energy distribution.

Read the thread about this in the sniper sub-section. Don't spew excessive ignorance everywhere.

I didn't say nor imply they were dangerous. I said they were harder than the average bb.

#15 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

Wow this topic mushroomed. I am thinking of just going with a 6.01. The only other problem I see is that I emailed Ben, He told me that ported isn't really recommended for Aeg, because the clearence between the inner and outer barrel is to much. So I figured I have two options. Get it so that it extends into the flash hider. Or take a dremel to the outer barrel to widen its diameter. I am leaning towards the former.

(edited for poor word choice :P )

Edited by sniperelite7, 12 August 2009 - 08:21 PM.

#16 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Uh, dremelling the inner barrel wouldn't widen it...
<3>

#17 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 12 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, dremelling the inner barrel wouldn't widen it...

Wait, ha. Sorry I meant the outer barrel.

#18 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

That makes more sense, but that would be rather difficult to do, if it's even possible.
<3>

#19 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 12 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes more sense, but that would be rather difficult to do, if it's even possible.

Yeah so I opted instead to have the inner barrel extend into the flash hider.

#20 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (p4ndora @ Aug 12 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can break a car window with a Crosman .20 with an exit velocity of 400fps.

Maybe you should use less offensive words, Mental Medic is right that the biovals are made of a harder material than normal bbs and he never said they were dangerous. Im just going off my personal experiance which is better than reading something and repeating it. The biovals are banned are some of the fields I play at, most notably Fort Ord where my friends cars window got broken by the biovals.

#21 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

Why are the players' vehicles near flying BBs?
<3>

#22 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 12 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are the players' vehicles near flying BBs?

The vehicles are parked, the playing field isn't far from it.

#23 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

I would hope the field had taken appropriate measures to prevent BBs from hitting vehicles.
<3>

#24 p4ndora

p4ndora
  • Interests:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?<br /><br />I like memes. The more obscure, the better.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Kevlar14 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The biovals are banned are some of the fields I play at, most notably Fort Ord where my friends cars window got broken by the biovals.

Like I said, it doesn't take much to break car windows. If you read my link, there's further proof on the first and second page.

http://www.airsoftfo...mp;hl=Bioval bb

Edited by p4ndora, 13 August 2009 - 02:06 PM.

Your friendly neighborhood melodic deathmetal fanatic. Props to Koper for the sig.

#25 ReconRifleman

ReconRifleman
  • Interests:Airsoft, Guitar, Christian Death metal

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hope the field had taken appropriate measures to prevent BBs from hitting vehicles.

...or people walking by. that'd be one heck of a walk to work.

If you want a custom sig, pm me. I'll make you one.

#26 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (p4ndora @ Aug 13 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, it doesn't take much to break car windows. If you read my link, there's further proof on the first and second page.

http://www.airsoftfo...mp;hl=Bioval bb

Well from what I seen the Biovals broke windows better than other bbs, agree to disagree it's still banned at the fields I play at no matter what you may think. Im not saying they're dangerous just giving out warnings thats all.

And fyi Fort Ord isn't run by newbies, the admin happens to work at Spartan Imports. So if they banned it at their field there's a good reason why they did it.

#27 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

Again I ask, why is the parking lot (which should be a "safe zone") within range of BB fire?
<3>

#28 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

Common sense isn't.

Question. How much longer must the barrel be to have the ports successfully clear the outer barrel and extend into the flashed hider? I am talking 509mm standard m16 inner barrel too ???.

Edited by sniperelite7, 14 August 2009 - 05:57 PM.

#29 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 13 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again I ask, why is the parking lot (which should be a "safe zone") within range of BB fire?

Maybe you should go there and find out yourself, you live in the state.
The parking lot is in the safe zone, but there are idiots that park on the side parking lots around the base. And not all the cars parked around the area are there for the airsoft event.

If you don't believe me ask AEX, they're closely affliated with Roundhouse Productions.

As to your question sniper a 535mm Sig 550 barrel would be your best bet.

#30 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

Well it's easier to learn the reason through asking than driving out to the field and finding out, whenever possible.

Myself, I'd use some of those screens some fields use to keep BBs from going out of the field and into cars/pedestrians.
<3>

#31 Kevlar14

Kevlar14

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Aug 14 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's easier to learn the reason through asking than driving out to the field and finding out, whenever possible.

Myself, I'd use some of those screens some fields use to keep BBs from going out of the field and into cars/pedestrians.

Well you're asking the wrong person, I don't work there so I can't give you a definite reason.

#32 p4ndora

p4ndora

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

"there are idiots that park on the side parking lots around the base."

Seems like it's their fault that they parked their car outside the safe zone. I don't see how you can blame a BB manufacturer for someone else's stupidity.

"And not all the cars parked around the area are there for the airsoft event."

Then your field definitely needs more safety netting if non-airsoft cars are getting hit.

#33 Cavaliers04

Cavaliers04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

Instead of arguing about parked cars how about we actually help this guy? Anyways from where the barrel stops to the end of the flashhider is about 100mm(or atleast it is on my gun). So look for something around 600mm or so.

QUOTE (AirsoftCaptain1861382 @ Oct 27 2009, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TSD Socom M14 if you are into TSD it is only $45 and is loud on its own but if you are hiding behind bushes it will be quiet.

#34 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Cavaliers04 @ Aug 15 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead of arguing about parked cars how about we actually help this guy? Anyways from where the barrel stops to the end of the flashhider is about 100mm(or atleast it is on my gun). So look for something around 600mm or so.

Hmm, I was reading a post on amped airsoft. They where talking about the inner barrel extending and one guy said it was supposed to be 520mm for the ports to extend out.

#35 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Cavaliers04 @ Aug 15 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's no way there's 100mm between the barrel end and the end of the flash hider (the barrel doesn't even have to be at the end of the flash hider, by the way). 100mm is almost a third of the length of an M4 inner barrel.
<3>

#36 sniperelite7

sniperelite7

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Been trying to contact edgi on the measurements. No luck. Broke out the tape measure measured the flash hider from where I suppose the inner barrel stops. 553mm seem about right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users