to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

TM G26 Upgrades: what else can I do.......

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

I am primarily using this for plinking, and want as much power as possible. here is the list of goodies so far.........

* KM TBB
* Metal Valve Bulb
* Guarder enhanced Recoil spring
* Guarder Enhanced Hammer spring
* Guarder Steel Recoil Guide Rod
* Guarder High Output Valve for Marui GLOCK
* Guarder Steel Trigger Lever for MARUI GLOCK
* Guarder Steel Magazine Catch for Marui G26
* King Arms Air Seal Chamber for Marui GBB Pisto
* Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set for Marui
* Metal Magazine Extension
* Metal Rear Sight
* BRAND NEW internals (every single part and spring)
* KJW Metal Slide and Barrel
* Green Gas
* .30 BB Bastards or KSC Perfects (I have both in .30)

what else is there to buy, and where can I get it. I want this thing to be SICK. thanks in advance for your help.

pix of the toys that came today..........

#2 theyoungone10

theyoungone10
  • Interests:I really enjoy playing baseball and basketball for my high school. I'm also a very good student taking a heavy dose of IB classes for my upcoming senior year. I don't skirmish but I love to tinker with gas guns and hope to join POR one day or start competing in IPSC whether it be airsoft or reel steel.
  • SOA Name: theyoungone10

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

Since the KM TBB is a 6.04 upgrade to a PDI or EDGI 6.01 and that will increase the FPS tremendously.

Also you may want to consider a higher quality slide and barrel set such as shooters design. This will give it a much better weight and feel.
QUOTE (MARSOCdoc @ Apr 5 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate aeg's more than I hate terrorists.... and trust me I HATE terrorists....

Props to Koper

#3 AirSoftNJ

AirSoftNJ

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Where did you buy all these Parts from Mike? I cant seem to find a stable supply of all the parts I need for my Glock

#4 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (theyoungone10 @ Sep 2 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the KM TBB is a 6.04 upgrade to a PDI or EDGI 6.01 and that will increase the FPS tremendously.

Also you may want to consider a higher quality slide and barrel set such as shooters design. This will give it a much better weight and feel.

see, that's the issue, I love PDI and EDGI, but cannot find them ANYWHERE for this. I really want a better slide, but cant find them either. I have a thread in the WTB forum for a STEEL slide and barrel, cause guarder makes one, but I have tried EVERY SINGLE SHOP in the world, and no one can get it :(

QUOTE (AirSoftNJ @ Sep 2 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you buy all these Parts from Mike? I cant seem to find a stable supply of all the parts I need for my Glock

oddly enought, I found this place in the UK that has good stock.... the guys are great to deal with, but their shipping is a WEEEE bit slow (~ 5 biz days, where hong kong stuff hits my doorstep within 3 usually) but I would recommend them... http://www.fire-support.co.uk/

if anyone has a steel slide, I will pay TOP DOLLAR for one, like, a kidney, my first born, etc.

#5 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

any other thought as to what I can do to this thing? here are a few pix of the newly poished barrel, and a small vid. :)

#6 Treble

Treble

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

A clipdraw? It might need some modification to fit. Have you seen Junior's G26?

#7 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

a clipdraw? never heard of it??? and where would I find Juniors G26? I am interested!!!

#8 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

ordering the clipdraw now!! thanks for the tip.

where can I find Juniors G26? I have searched high and low for it, to no avail. I was even on ASB (the other site after the OS debacle) and cant find his G26 :(

#9 Treble

Treble

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

It's in the picture threads, you just haven't looked hard enough. It's on the second page of his own picture thread.

Another option could be the cocking handle, I think it's made by Action. I last saw it on dentrinity.

#10 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 11 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's in the picture threads, you just haven't looked hard enough. It's on the second page of his own picture thread.

Another option could be the cocking handle, I think it's made by Action. I last saw it on dentrinity.

found this with no G26.... EDIT: they wont let me link to air soft barr acks on here, weird......

and searching in here, maybe I am a Newbie, but I am having trouble locating the thread you are talking about. would you mind linking me please?

Edited by Mike McNair, 11 September 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#11 Treble

Treble

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

Yea, you're right, can't link it. I'm going to have to ask him permission to link his pic. But it's on there. 5th page of the Airsoft Weaponry section, 2nd page of his picture thread. It's in the middle.

Edited by imphranki, 11 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

#12 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 11 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, um, dude, that's a dead link. I think ASF blocks ASB's links. please email it to me at michael.mcnair<AT>diahome.org

#13 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

ok, I found it, thank you!!!!

the only issue is, it is a KSC :( I JUST sold my KSC. here were the specs....

UN Custom-KSC G26 Metal Version
- KSC G26 Based
- KSC G26 Metal Slide Installed
- KA-08-01 Hgh utput Valve
- Strengthen Recoil Spring Installed
- Tuned For Top Gas
- Airsoft Surgeon Power-Up Floating Valve(using stock spring)
- PDI 6.01 Precision Inner Barrel
- SD-PT-S718 Shooters Design Steel Impact Hammer
- GD-PT-GLOCK10 Guarder Enhanced Hammer Spring
- GD-PT-GLOCK12 Guarder Magazine Catch
- GD-PT-GLOCK07 Guarder Enhanced Piston Lid
- Proud-recoil Spring- (using front spring from PROUD, rear from UNCOMPANY)
- Shooters Design Reinforced Part 8 for KSC Glock
- Brand New KSC G19/G23F Part No.23 (blowback springs, VERY smooth operation now)
- green gas (151 psi <AT>70* F containers)
- teflon mod on barrel and bumper
-RCC recoil rod

I have a feeling I am going to sell my TM and get another KSC cause I cannot get the steel slide for the TM anymore. and that was honestly the whole reason I switched over. plus, others told me TM internals were better than KSC. I don't know, I feel very limited with this gun, and I feel like my KSC was a hand cannon.

#14 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

ok, ordered the clipdraw, and also ordered the "silver back" laser sight. I was bored last night, and saw it, and said what the hell :)

I wanna see if I can adjust it and make it actually accurate. it looks like a neat piece, and I like the "pressure" switch. basically, you squeeze the grip, and it lights up. be fun for plinking cans in the basement shooting range I have. likely will not be accurate after any real distance, although I must admit the gun itself is more accurate and fires farther than my KSC (which makes no sense to me cause it does not have the stopping power the KSC had)

come to think of it, I shot a trashcan from ~ 200 feet the other day, first shot. I was SHOCKED I hit it at that distance, let alone with the first shot.

this is on green gas of course, with .30 KSC "perfects".

this is the laser sight.......

#15 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

so, no other suggestions from the peanut gallery? I am open to all :)

#16 Treble

Treble

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

Airsoft Surgeon Transparent nozzle and piston head? Could be used as a spare when or if the original piece breaks. I got one but haven't used it yet.

#17 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (imphranki @ Sep 15 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Airsoft Surgeon Transparent nozzle and piston head? Could be used as a spare when or if the original piece breaks. I got one but haven't used it yet.

sweet, thanks for the tip!!! Got the clipdraw today, and I will have drill the back of the TM to make it fit cause unlike the ksc, the rear plate on the TM is part of the blowback unit. Shucks!

#18 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

drilled, and fitted, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! this thing is awesome!!!

#19 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

more good news!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally have located a seller that is willing to part with his STEEL SLIDE!!!!!!!!!! talk about being STOKED!!! sure, it's costing me eleventeen million dollars, btu who cares!!!

cant wait to have this bad boy all steel!!!

#20 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

ok, pix tonight of the steel slide installed!! dammit is it heavy!! I love it.

#21 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

hhhmmm, what about this idea..........

I had a buddy quickly photoshop these........

it actually doesnt look too bad!!! I think if I were to do it, I would leave the serial number plate/safety switch silver in color (notice the pix have it in silver and gold)

thoughts?

#22 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:21 AM

STEEL SLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo hooo!!!!!!!!!

#23 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

ok, this laser is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I need to allign it, but it is still awesome!

if anyone wants one, it is called a "silverback". I needed to make a new pin to hold it on, but that was easy, I found a pop rivit that was perfect diameter, and cut/sanded it down. fits like a glove, and looks great.

better pix to follow....

#24 vietec

vietec
  • Interests:I am very interested in airsoft, origami, and I used to be a magician. That was how I found airsoft, I happen to go to a web site that sold magic tricks and airsoft guns. I thought that the airsoft gun was cool so I bought one and here I am. Airsoft is now my only hobby besides origami.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

You could have saved time and ordered a Guarder full enhancement kit for your G26, I think wgcshop has the kit in stock. It would give you a full newer body, metal slide and barrel, new matching serial number plate, and all the goodies like the hammer spring and all. Gun's looking good though, might I recommend a set of night sites? Dytac's are alright, but since money is no object for you, I would say go real steel with trijicon or something along those lines. They run like $100 though. >_>

#25 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

thanks for the tip, I do have real steel sights on it, they are heavy as hell!!! I like the night sites (glow in the dark) but with the laser, I don't think I need them ya know.

any other ideas? I am open to all.

oh oh oh!!!! I ordered a PDI 6.01 inner barrel for the G26 advance (the don't make it for the 26 in 73mm) so I am gonna cut it down and trumpet the end. it will be a nice, and I might make it 74mm or so, just to gain a little more time in the barrel.

:)

#26 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (vietec @ Sep 24 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could have saved time and ordered a Guarder full enhancement kit for your G26, I think wgcshop has the kit in stock.

hey, will you link me to that kit? cause I can only find one for the G17, and I have another G26 I would like to mod before I sell it to my buddy.

thanks in advance for your help!!

#27 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Mike McNair @ Sep 24 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, will you link me to that kit? cause I can only find one for the G17, and I have another G26 I would like to mod before I sell it to my buddy.

thanks in advance for your help!!

any luck?

also, PDI TBB came in, now I gotta cut it down to fit.......

#28 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Current list............

* Custom PDI 6.01 TBB
* GUARDER STEEL SLIDE AND BARREL (the holy grail!!!!)
* Guarder High Output Valve
* Guarder Steel Trigger Lever
* Guarder Steel Magazine Catch
* King Arms Air Seal Chamber
* Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set
* STEEL Magazine Extension
* STEEL Rear Sight
* KJW Heavy weight Frame
* SILVERBACk Laser sight
* Clipdraw Real Steel clip (replaces need for IWB Holster)

current weight = HEAVY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!

#29 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

ok, I got a PDI 6.01 TBB for a TM G26 Advance, cut it down to 74mm, fluted and beveled the end, and it is a perfect fit. its a shame PDI doesnt make a TBB for the G26, but at least I was able to mod one to fit. and I also sighted in the laser, which is absolutely awesome!!!

all I do is point the laser, and pull the trigger, and it is DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!

I will post some dope pix tonight.

#30 pagmic

pagmic

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Mike McNair @ Sep 30 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok, I got a PDI 6.01 TBB for a TM G26 Advance, cut it down to 74mm, fluted and beveled the end, and it is a perfect fit. its a shame PDI doesnt make a TBB for the G26, but at least I was able to mod one to fit. and I also sighted in the laser, which is absolutely awesome!!!

all I do is point the laser, and pull the trigger, and it is DEAD ON!!!!!!!!!

I will post some dope pix tonight.

That steel slide is amazing, when I saw it in the silverback thread I honestly had trouble determining if it was airsoft or real, which is a problem Ive never had before. If you don't mind me asking, does the steel slide weigh down the action and what do you think the approximate fps is?

Glock parts, lots of parts at great prices
My computer is down, sorry if I'm late responding to pms, thanks.

#31 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

thanks for the kind words bro! the steel slide is actually not the "slower downer" that I thought it would be. made very little difference on speed of recoil compared to the aluminum one.

it is really heavy tho, like, the gun now weighs as much as my real steel G27. (I also have the heavyweight frame from KJW which made quite a difference.)

also, everyone that sees/holds the gun, SWEARS it is real until I prove otherwise.

as for FPS, not too sure yet, I have a few more "gunsmithing" changes I need to make, and I will take it to a local shop to get chrono'd. I will say this tho, it fores fast and VERY FAR!!!!

#32 vietec

vietec
  • Interests:I am very interested in airsoft, origami, and I used to be a magician. That was how I found airsoft, I happen to go to a web site that sold magic tricks and airsoft guns. I thought that the airsoft gun was cool so I bought one and here I am. Airsoft is now my only hobby besides origami.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Sorry about the delay OP, I would say that WGCSHOP should have them in stock.

#33 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:32 AM

ok, found my firing issues, and did a few more upgrades

here was the issue and replacement which is stainless steel (the firing pin is meant for the G17, but fits kike a glove on the 26)

here is a pic of my RS G27, my tm G26, and my buddy's tm g26 with a plastic slide....

and a ssmall vid.....

also, I as actually able to modify these parts to fit in the gun. they arre meant for the P226, but with a little work, theyy fit, and function AMAZINGLY!!

#34 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

did a few more updates.

Current list............

* Custom PDI 6.01 TBB
* GUARDER STEEL SLIDE AND BARREL (the holy grail!!!!)
* shooters design 150% hammer sprig from a TM G17
* AIRSOFT Surgeon piston head AND LIMITED EDITION SUPER HARD LOADING NOZZLE
* STEEL Rear Sight
* KJW Heavy weight Frame
* SILVERBACk Laser sight (currently off)
* Fully polished outer barrel (finally did the discharge slot side

a little action........... (it is A LOT louder in person)

and some updated pix.............

Edited by Mike McNair, 06 January 2010 - 12:11 AM.

#35 MARSOCdoc

MARSOCdoc
  • Interests:Saving lives, shooting at terrorists, airsoft and eating

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

holy crack.... that is a beautiful g26... I just got a ksc g26c, trying to find a steel slide for that is impossible...

just wondering... with the clip draw or even a IWB holster... isnt that a lil inconvenient for airsoft? wouldnt a belt or paddle holster work better?

if you like, you could give me this gun... for free...
-Kagami-Vainguard-MARSOCdoc-<3Bromance<3-

Hepatitis Mac and Cheese FOOLZ!

#36 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (MARSOCdoc @ Jan 6 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with the clip draw or even a IWB holster... isnt that a lil inconvenient for airsoft?

the clipdraw is PERFECT!!!!!!!!! by far, my favorite mod, aside from my custom PDI 6.01 TBB I made.

also, the KSC has a rear plate that the clip draw comes with that has the screw holes in it already. in this diagram, it replaces part # 89..........

here is a pic of the plate that you get with the clip draw. on the TM gun, you have to drill into the metal blow back unit. KSC is nice enough to make it easier on ya.....

http://www.clipdraw....ion=show_detail

and here is the build thread for the KSC G26 I did, lots of good info for ya in there, give it a look (I have a KSC G26C also, but prefer the semi-auto to fully auto. don't get me wrong, the full auto is a cool party gag, but it is not efficient. .....

http://www.airsoftca...ghlight=KSC G26

I hope yyou find this helpful.

Edited by Mike McNair, 06 January 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#37 MARSOCdoc

MARSOCdoc
  • Interests:Saving lives, shooting at terrorists, airsoft and eating

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

I prefer semi too... the only reason I got the 26c was because I couldnt get my hands on the 26... lol...

what I meant with the clipdraw question was that it seems perfect for CCW... but not too practical for an airsoft match, right? I mean as fun as it may sound, I would hesitate to CCW a airsoft weapon in lieu of a RS glock. I looked into getting a clipdraw for the g19 I CCW on occasion, but how practical is it for airsoft?

again, its a sweet build, I love everything about it, and thanks for the info!
-Kagami-Vainguard-MARSOCdoc-<3Bromance<3-

Hepatitis Mac and Cheese FOOLZ!

#38 Mike McNair

Mike McNair

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

I like the clip draw cause I can carry 2 CCW G26's if I were to be in a match. although, I don't skirmish with these, I just build them for fun.

I have carried the airsoft before, and trust me, no one can tell it is an airsoft (not that I would EVER pull it out!!)

but, when I get bored at a friends house, or in the garage, it is fun to set up a few cans and plink around ya know.

although, come to think of it, if I DID pull it n someone, and shot them, they would run like hell cause it hurts VERY bad. while I have yet to chrono, por mans test puts me close to the 350 fps range, and with .30's or .43's, it hurts like hell. :)

#39 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

this gun is for sale, I need it gone asap.....

* GUARDER STEEL SLIDE AND outer BARREL (the holy grail of G26 parts!!!!)
* Custom PDI 6.01 TBB from a G26 Advance, cut and fluted to fit the G26 (1/2cm longer than stock G26 for more FPS)
* Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set for a Sig Sauer P226 (custom made to fit the G26)
* STEEL Rear Sight
* Custom CLEAR limited edition loading nozzle
* KJW Heavy weight Frame
* SILVERBACk Laser sight (can be included if you want it, but is off the gun at the moment)
* BRAND NEW Tokyo Marui internals (every single part and spring)

current weight = HEAVY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!
Turbos, Timepieces and 9mm's

#40 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:18 AM

keeping this up top until ASF mods get my selling acct organized. I paid already, and I am still not able to post a FS add. AAAHHHHHH :banghead:
Turbos, Timepieces and 9mm's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users