to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Mosfet soldering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

When soldering a mosfet is it any danger to damage it because of iron heat? Is there any propper way to solder the wires?

#2 GoLgo 13

GoLgo 13

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Outdated design, but here is a good start...

PART 1

PART 2

Edited by GoLgo 13, 26 November 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#3 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Yes. Too hot of an iron can and will damage the mosfet.

However, I don't follow that rule. I follow the rule of, Get in, get done, get out. You can use a fairly hot iron (I'd say up to 100w) if you don't stay on that contact too long. Pretin the tip of the iron with some solder. Then hold the solder on the pin of the mosfet and whatever you are contacting it to. Then touch the tip of the iron to the mosfet pin. As soon as the solder melts, move the solder away, and right after move the solder iron tip away from the joint.

If the solder stay's shiney and bright, You have a good joint. If it gets very dull looking you either have a cold solder joint, or bad/dirty solder.

#4 Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

awesome thanks for the reply and the videos! lets hope I don't fry my mosfet before installing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users