to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Magpul Accented D-boys M4cqbr Striker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

I have a jg hk416, jg ikazuchi, and an a&k sr-25 but I consider this to be my first actual m4

for this project I have to thank:

chenc544
bigdad
khmountain.com
golden laurel tree/the beijing shop on ebay

so I bought this dpms/d-boys m4 cqbr off of chenc544 a short while back with a very small project idea in mind

it had a lot of dpms/cybergun/made in china crap on the one side of the gun. I removed everything on that side and painted over it and added a custom trade with black and white nail polish. doesnt look too horrible

then bigdads magpul sales came along and caused this small project to be a little bigger and better
I bought two od short pmags, a black pmag mid, mbus sights, and a miad grip from him

I ended up with this finished product

I added red nail polish to the magpul trades on the mbus's for a nice touch

external:

bigdad's acm pmags
element miad
mbus sights
rubberized jg hk416 crane stock
d-boys modular rail covers
g&p dual offset rails
echo1 strike front

internal:
a good re-greasing ....or greasing period I should say
custom cut element m4 tb
element h-nub
element bearing spring guide
psem airseal nozzle
g&p explosive piston head with a fatter o-ring from a cm042s's piston head
psem 7mm bearing bushings
firefox 9.6v nunchuck battery

the gun runs really well with good noise/pitch levels and great trigger response/rof
good shimming with the bearing bushings too. with the gb closed I could spin the gears and theyd keep on spinning for a little bit without being loose side to side

mods:

I added a second spring around the inner barrel like the a&k sr-25 has in order to keep the hop unit against the gb firmer

the jg 416 stocks buttpad had 4 tabs on it to begin with but the two smaller ones apparently must have broken off without me even noticing the first time I took it off after installation
so I modded up the buttpad with cut up pieces from a crosman r76's receiver, a random spring that was perfect, and a cut down spring guide
it keeps the buttpad pushed up in the shut position well enough to keep if from being bumped off

and the outter barrel and strike front. .....this was a REAL PITA!!!
apparently the e1 strike front is made differently than the expensive first factory one
it doesnt seem that the e1 strike front is made for just any old m4/16. it had this big ring/lip that stuck out all the way that I guess is supposed to slide inside of the ris. but this would not work with this particular ris so I had to painstakingly hacksaw that entire ring off of the strike front and keep the ris's front retainer on to keep the ris halves together. I also had to cut the outter barrel down to a particular length and did not need the little screw on barrel part that came with the strike front. also even if the strike front could have been made to be flush against the ris, the tab at the top where the rail is is too big and too high up to fit into the d-boys ris

so this is what I end up with......

......not too bad I guess ....but not a perfect proper fit either. its on there straight and securely, just not the way it was meant to be. I had to cut the mock gas tube too but accidentally cut it a tiny bit too short. so it no longer does a good of a job at keeping the ris from twisting left to right ...but even that is very minor

a-famerican.gif

Edited by Dusti69, 11 December 2009 - 04:46 AM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#2 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

TaskForce Trident - O D A 524 Callsign: Voodoo

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Airsoft, oh and did I say AIRSOFT! :)

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

I think the end look is pretty nice personally.

Its different then the norm and I always like seeing that.

I was actually curious about the front strike kit and hadnt seen anyone use it yet.

Then I click your thread and bang you used it lol.

It def looks to be too much modification then id like to do but I think you did a great job.

As long as the rifle performs how you want it too then id def keep the striker on.

I also like what you did with the JG 416 stock.

I was actually thinking of picking one up for my 416 because of the removable buttplate.
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

"The end of War comes when the other side falls"
Fast is Slow - Slow is Quick - Quick is Smooth - Smooth is Deadly
High Speed - Low Drag - SBR Operator
Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#3 Zemanova

Zemanova

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (FalconGroup6 @ Dec 11 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the end look is pretty nice personally.
Its different then the norm and I always like seeing that.
I was actually curious about the front strike kit and hadnt seen anyone use it yet.
Then I click your thread and bang you used it lol.
It def looks to be too much modification then id like to do but I think you did a great job.
As long as the rifle performs how you want it too then id def keep the striker on.
I also like what you did with the JG 416 stock.
I was actually thinking of picking one up for my 416 because of the removable buttplate.

thanks
khmountain has the jg 416 stocks for ten bucks before shipping

oh I forgot one minor little mod. incase anyone says something about the motor height bolt sticking out
the bolt would only screw into the baseplate a little bit and then get stuck no matter what I did
so I took a strong spring and put in between the bolt and bottom of the motor and screwed the bolt in as far as it would go
it keeps the motor in a perfect position

Edited by Dusti69, 11 December 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#4 BoNZi

BoNZi
  • Interests:Airsoft, Pro Gaming, Mountain Biking and the finer things in life.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

Nice work. Definitely an unique piece.

Edited by BoNZi, 13 December 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#5 AEGmaniac

AEGmaniac
  • Interests:Motocross, girls, music, football, guitar, video games, and obviously airsoft.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Beautiful gun, I love the front-end and the red-nail polish on the MBU's.....I might do that if I get some MBU's.....well, once I get an M4. xD

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Jul 15 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, if dolls (please, it's an action companion) are these cool, then yes, I like to play with dolls.

QUOTE (AirPwner2000 @ Sep 26 2009, 06:53 PM)
I can probly pwn u at airsoft so shut up and just answer my question please

#6 Zemanova

Zemanova

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

im actually bored with this gun now.... since at the end of this project I got all psyched to start a tan/sand vltor sentry-ish m16
I don't think ive touched it since I put this thread up. probly the weather and everything. not much to do with airsoft past the completion of a project when its miserably windy, muddy, and snowy out

what I been toying with doing is buying a d-boys metal 416 body on ebaybanned for my zombie killer 416 and then taking the g&p zk body off of it and putting it on this gun to make it "magpul accented zombie killer" .....or whatever

#7 TerminalMan

TerminalMan
  • Interests:Video games. I own a PS3. My PSN ID - Pprophet<br /><br />Call of Dury:Modern Warfare 2

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

This thing is freakin' cool though. I've always wanted a gun with that front end, just never got around to piecing a project together. I like creative, constructive airsoft builds.

Now I just need to steal this from you, and we'll be all set.

Edited by TerminalMan, 20 December 2009 - 08:18 AM.

QUOTE (ehobbyasia.com @ Jul 20 2010, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like big butts and I cannot lie, G&G have finally done it and you canít deny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users