to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

ares aw 338 questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sneaky sniper

Sneaky sniper

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

Well with Christmas right around the corner ive been looking for a sniper rifle.

Ive really been having my mind on http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2570

but for some reason there isent a single shooting test of it on the internet ( including youtube ).
From what it looks like its the best l96 airsoft sniper rifle. and I have a few questions.

1.) can it run red gas out of the box?
2.) where can I get upgrades?
3.) is this a good gun?
4.) wtf does cnc mean ;p

a-cool.gif

EDIT: k so ive heard theres a way you can have hpa in your mag withouht haveing that Masive , ugly , fat , realism destroying piece of something

Edited by Sneaky sniper, 18 December 2009 - 11:54 AM.

#2 laxweasel

laxweasel
  • Interests:Emergency/Trauma nursing

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Sneaky sniper @ Dec 18 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.) can it run red gas out of the box?
2.) where can I get upgrades?
3.) is this a good gun?
4.) wtf does cnc mean ;p

EDIT: k so ive heard theres a way you can have hpa in your mag withouht haveing that Masive , ugly , fat , realism destroying piece of something

Look over at arnies. There is a MEGATHREAD about Ares sniper rifles.
1. Yup, in fact you may have to.
2. What kind of upgrades? I believe the barrel and bucking are AEG compatible
3. Depends. It's probably got the nicest externals out there. According to what's been on Arnies, its performance is...lacking. For that much money I'd want something that shoots well but it depends on what you're after.
4. Wikipedia knows the answer

Unless you can fit a regulator and a tiny HPA tank in your mag, no. You might be thinking of the CO2 mags that Ares makes for ...a lot of money. They don't provide the same benefits as HPA/external rigs because they are NOT regulated, they just provide some more power (which if you read reviews on Arnies, it sorely needs).
*Practitioner of emergent long-range ballistic neurosurgery*

**Calling a "sniper rifle" a "sniper" makes you sound silly. Being the third person to mock them for it makes you seem silly too.**

#3 Sneaky sniper

Sneaky sniper

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (laxweasel @ Dec 18 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look over at arnies. There is a MEGATHREAD about Ares sniper rifles.
1. Yup, in fact you may have to.
2. What kind of upgrades? I believe the barrel and bucking are AEG compatible
3. Depends. It's probably got the nicest externals out there. According to what's been on Arnies, its performance is...lacking. For that much money I'd want something that shoots well but it depends on what you're after.
4. Wikipedia knows the answer

Unless you can fit a regulator and a tiny HPA tank in your mag, no. You might be thinking of the CO2 mags that Ares makes for ...a lot of money. They don't provide the same benefits as HPA/external rigs because they are NOT regulated, they just provide some more power (which if you read reviews on Arnies, it sorely needs).

Thank you good sir a-cheesy.gif

when I mean upgrades ill go for ANYTHING that makes it better ...acuracy is obviously number 1 priority

EDIT: ok ive been looking around and the maruzen is looking realy apealing... youve probley seen this video but ill show it again just in case

so I found the arnies review for it and although there were only 2 reviews they were filled with nothing but praise .. one guy was hitting things from 50 meters with . 20s ...and the weakest gas there is HFCsomething... imagine how good it would shoot with red gas and .43s

Edited by Sneaky sniper, 18 December 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#4 TyGuy94920

TyGuy94920
  • SOA Name: tyguy94920

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Except that the Maruzen is a spring rifle...

#5 Sneaky sniper

Sneaky sniper

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (TyGuy94920 @ Dec 18 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except that the Maruzen is a spring rifle...

and what about it ;p

#6 Sneaky sniper

Sneaky sniper

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

little slow today are we asf ;p

#7 laxweasel

laxweasel
  • Interests:Emergency/Trauma nursing

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Sneaky sniper @ Dec 18 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and what about it ;p

He was pointing out you wouldn't be using ANY kind of gas since it's a spring rifle.
If you want to know more about the Maruzen there is a whole subsection dedicated to the Maruzen rifles, browse topics there. Spring rifles are very different in upgrades, pros and cons, etc. than gas rifles.
Also, I'm no mod but bumping your thread/double posting is generally against the rules.

If you're interested now in the Maruzen, look up info in that subsection...you won't attract much info in a thread about the Ares AW 338.

As for the 50m shots...you'll be able if you search heard to find incredibly long shots being made by Tanaka's gas rifles, KJW M700s, Maruzen APS2 systems, TM/JG VSR systems, and a whole ton of other rifles. You need to research what it takes to make these shots, look at your budget and what you want out of a rifle. There are plenty of threads about all these rifles so read up.
*Practitioner of emergent long-range ballistic neurosurgery*

**Calling a "sniper rifle" a "sniper" makes you sound silly. Being the third person to mock them for it makes you seem silly too.**

#8 Sneaky sniper

Sneaky sniper

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (laxweasel @ Dec 18 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was pointing out you wouldn't be using ANY kind of gas since it's a spring rifle.
If you want to know more about the Maruzen there is a whole subsection dedicated to the Maruzen rifles, browse topics there. Spring rifles are very different in upgrades, pros and cons, etc. than gas rifles.
Also, I'm no mod but bumping your thread/double posting is generally against the rules.

If you're interested now in the Maruzen, look up info in that subsection...you won't attract much info in a thread about the Ares AW 338.

As for the 50m shots...you'll be able if you search heard to find incredibly long shots being made by Tanaka's gas rifles, KJW M700s, Maruzen APS2 systems, TM/JG VSR systems, and a whole ton of other rifles. You need to research what it takes to make these shots, look at your budget and what you want out of a rifle. There are plenty of threads about all these rifles so read up.

but howcome there is piles upon piles upon threads upon 500 pages of google things for every other gun...and im scrapeing tiny little shaveings of info from a few nooks and cranys for this gun.

its very frustrateing because I have this digging feeling that this gun is one of the best guns on the market..but theres little to no info on it

#9 memorablec

memorablec

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

read all 37 pages here

Long Live Romeo_Delta

#10 yee245

yee245
  • Interests:Computer gaming, origami, fencing

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:36 AM

One "problem" why there are likely very few full reviews of the gun is because not all that many people want to spend $500-650+ for a gas sniper rifle, and the people that do might not be the types of people who will go out of their way to write up a review of their gun. Add to that the fact that spare mags cost probably $80+, and you aren't going to have too many users jumping to go buy one. Especially for the "specialty" sniper rifles, like say the AW-338, Cheytac, DSR-1, etc, you aren't going to have many people buying them to go use on a field.

I've read through most of the Arnies thread over time, and at one point, I was looking to see if there was some information on the disassembly. I have a Well AW-338, which is a clone of the ARES, and I was having issues with taking out the hop up assembly (it turned out to be that I just needed to force it out harder than I had been). As for upgrades, (assuming the ARES is the same as the Well), the gun uses a standard AEG barrel and hop up. I forgot to measure the barrel when I had it out, but I believe it's a 650mm barrel, or of not, it's something close to that. Mine shoots over 500fps on green gas in 60F temperatures with a leaking magazine with both .20g and .36g BBs (yes, I got 530fps, 518fps, 513fps using Vanaras .36g BBs, which I've measured to be about .365g average, making it shoot about 4.5J), and I really shudder to think what it would be doing with the ARES CO2 mag with something like a .43g BB with a good tightbore, but I know that at that point, it's a target shooting gun, not a skirmishing gun (because who wants to be hit by a gun that is shooting a heavy BB the equivalent to a 700+fps with a .20g gun?). My gun I believe is an earlier generation of the Well, and the newer one may have been slightly improved (the magazine leakage issue), and I don't know at all how it compares to the ARES, due to that lack of information on it, as you have mentioned.

eHobby Asia lists the ARES as shooting at 340fps with duster gas, so it is likely that it would be similar to the Well in terms of power.

I personally don't have a long range to test my gun at, nor would it be particularly useful where I am during the winter season (it's 11F where I am right now), so I can't say how a clone of the gun works, but if the ARES is at all better than the Well, it is probably a decent gun, though maybe it isn't, and the Well clone would serve a similar purpose for less than half the price. If I did have the money, though, I'd probably get an ARES in tan, and if it worked well after some minor upgrades (like a barrel, bucking, and nub), I might use it, and if it didn't I'd still have a good looking collector's piece (because I am probably more of a collector than a player, given the airsoft guns I have).

As for upgrades, various places like Redwolf or eHobby Asia have some parts, though often out of stock for some of the parts. There aren't too many specific upgrades, and the gun basically takes standard AEG barrels and buckings as I had mentioned (again assuming the Well is basically a direct clone).

#11 DJsnipe

DJsnipe

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

Greets Sneaky Sniper;
"Well with Christmas right around the corner ive been looking for a sniper rifle. "

Just thought I would point out something you may not have noticed, and that is: AirsoftGI says the AW338 is out of stock, or do you have some kind of inside track a-wink.gif
If you get a AW338, I am looking forward to a comprehensive review with photos.
Cheers and Merry Christmas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users