to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Practical experience with youth/small tactical vests?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrEMan

MrEMan

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

My son (13 years old, relatively tall and slender) is looking for a tactical vest ... from experience, the one size fits most tactical vests (such as UTG) don't adjust well enough to fit without bouncing around uncomfortably. I've searched for suggestions but most seem pretty old (2+ years ago), so I'm looking for recommendations for current brands/sites that carry tactical vests that you know adjust well enough to fit a slender frame. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

#2 shakespeare

shakespeare
  • Interests:Military Simulation<br />Video Games<br />Movies<br />Friends

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (MrEMan @ Jan 31 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My son (13 years old, relatively tall and slender) is looking for a tactical vest ... from experience, the one size fits most tactical vests (such as UTG) don't adjust well enough to fit without bouncing around uncomfortably. I've searched for suggestions but most seem pretty old (2+ years ago), so I'm looking for recommendations for current brands/sites that carry tactical vests that you know adjust well enough to fit a slender frame. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Finding vests for smaller guys is a pretty rough job. I know guys that are older than him (but slim) who still have problems finding tactical vests. I think that the issue is that most vests are designed for(or copies of vests designed for) military and law enforcement professionals, which are generally pretty big guys.

One thing you could do is take a tactical vest, and just pull out the adjustment ties and sew them into the back wherever is adjusted right. You will need a pretty burly sewing machine if it is a strong, tactical nylon though.

Another option is the ALICE belt system (also sometimes called LC-2). It is basically an adjustable stiff belt that you can attach pouches (for ammo, canteens, utility pouches, etc). You can combine it with a Y-harness (suspenders designed for it) if more support is needed. The great thing about these is how tight they can tighten down, and they are very cheap too. You can get them at any military surplus store, and maybe some airsoft stores. It doesn't quite have the cool factor of tactical vests and gear like that, but it holds the bare essentials and is cheap, light, and comfy. The military uses it for training and some special forces-type units take it on recon missions, if reality is a motivator for the vest purchase. It's my preferred rig when it gets hot out or when I need to crawl a lot or loan it to a friend.

#3 Egiam

Egiam

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

http://www.condorout..._chest_rig.aspx

I recommend this^ I have actual experience with it.
"We are not retreating- we are advancing in another direction" -General Douglas Macarthur

#4 dawnairsoftteam

dawnairsoftteam
  • Interests:airsoft, website design

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Check out this: http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=26986 . Saw many reviews on it and most say it fits very slender and thinner people. OR you can go with a load bearing system like ALICE if you want. This one just makes a more modern look.
external website links are not allowed except by paid advertisers, please use your profile page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users