to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

G&G SCAR-L

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

I haven't been able to find solid reviews for the G&G SCAR-L, so, questions:

1)Are there any problems inherent in the gun itself?
2)Can the gun take a 11.1v LiPo stock and live to tell the tale?
3) I've heard problems with the stock magazine, isn't it just a regular STANAG Magazine that's the same that comes with the GR16 series?
4)What is the stock accuracy and range like?

Any news on when the G&G SCAR-H hits, and if it changes anything other than features inherent to the SCAR-H. Ie different magazines.

#2 Sarin99

Sarin99

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

I have the G&G SCAR-L CQC.

1) The gun preforms solid.
2) The ROF is great with a 9.6v, I would stick to that.
3) The magazine feeds fine for me, but I mainly use PTS P-MAGS.
4) The stock accuracy is pretty good, it could definitely benefit from a systema bucking and scs combo though. The range is very nice for a gun that is only doing ~335 fps. I can hit a 1.5' diameter tree at 125 feet every time. I haven't done any range testing farther than that, as I didn't have much time with the gun before I had to go back to college.
Echo 1 G36C- Regreased, Re-shimmed, Prometheus M80, Systema Ball Bearing Spring Guide, #14 O-Ring, Systema Bucking, Leapers 30mm Red Dot, UTG Ergonomic Foregrip, and JBU 4.75" Supressor.

Real Sword Type 56-1- PDI 120%, Systema Bucking, and PCS Nub.

G&G G-SCAR-L CQC- Systema Bucking, SCS Nub, B-2 Aimpoint, and PTS P-MAGs.

#3 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:06 AM

Heard the gun's stock has potential for breaking off if enough force is applied. If enough human force is applied, will it break off? Or is it so sturdy even a car could run over it?

#4 Sarin99

Sarin99

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

Mine seems sturdy enough, I don't know why you would be applying enough force to break the metal hinge though. They sell replacements, so if you insisted on running a car over it, you could get a new one. The stock breaking problem seems to be much more of a problem for the d-boys/ echo 1 scar.

Edited by Sarin99, 01 February 2010 - 12:13 AM.

Echo 1 G36C- Regreased, Re-shimmed, Prometheus M80, Systema Ball Bearing Spring Guide, #14 O-Ring, Systema Bucking, Leapers 30mm Red Dot, UTG Ergonomic Foregrip, and JBU 4.75" Supressor.

#5 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

A 9.6v is plenty on a stock g&g. They have very nice stick rof

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#6 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

There are sling ties both on the front and back of the gun, correct?

What's the internal barrel length of the SCAR-L? 380ish mm?

How does the gun's performance compare to a KWA M4?

Edited by fuzzy002, 01 February 2010 - 10:36 AM.

#7 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are sling ties both on the front and back of the gun, correct?

What's the internal barrel length of the SCAR-L? 380ish mm?

How does the gun's performance compare to a KWA M4?

Im pretty sure it uses a 363mm inner barrel just like the m4. On a 9.6v battery the KWA will probably have a little higher rof. It also will probably have more stock range since its shooting hotter along with a better stock bucking than the G&G. Both come with a stock tightbore so accuracy will be similar

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#8 Sarin99

Sarin99

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

The CQC uses a 275mm barrel, and the normal length uses a 357mm barrel. An SCS + Systema bucking, will give you the same, if not better accuracy than KWA's 2G bucking. With some simple compression fixes on the G&G, you should be able to get it up to around 350 fps, which will give you a great boost in range. If your not one of those people who says, OMG LYKE MY KWA SHOOTS 410 FPS, ITZ TEH BESTEST, and you want a unique gun, that will perform great, go for the G&G. If you need 400+ FPS and an 11.1v lipo to get kills, you better learn some tactics.

#9 Ben

Ben

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ive got a G&G scar. Compression sucks out of the box as others have stated. Easy fix with a new piston head oring. Mine was shooting 380 after working on the compression in stock form.

Its not the actual stock that can break, its the release button\latch. I witnessed a gun leaning against a tree slide and then fall, and the latch broke from that. However, I have fallen pretty good a couple times with mine and its still in tact.

Takes regular M4 mags, all seem to feed pretty well. I love G&G mags. (they do wobble though)

Lipo, I would suggest a 7.4, 11.1 the ROF is too fast, skips shots etc in stock form.

Hop up works fine, which is good since there is no after market replacements for it. Stock bucking and barrel are actually decent, though improvements can be had with higher quality barrel, and either a KWA 2g or SCS\Systema combo.

Long story short, stock for stock, KWA wins.

#10 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

Don't need a 400+FPS gun and 11.1v li-po to get kills, been doing fine with a 280FPS TM M4A1 but I decided I wanted something a little bit more.

Regarding stock compression, is this due to "faulty" parts or simple poor quality control? I've heard G&G SCAR FPS ranging anywhere from 330 stock to 400. Can the latch problem be replaced/remedied easily?

#11 Ben

Ben

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

The latches are available, and pretty cheap. I wouldnt worry about it breaking. The FPS is going to be due to the small piston head oring, its just too small to get good compression.

Edited by Ben, 01 February 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#12 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

I've noticed the insanely tiny sling points, do most slings have an easy time with it?
Aside from FPS does compression affect anything such as accuracy?

Edited by fuzzy002, 01 February 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#13 Sarin99

Sarin99

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

Compression affects consistency, so yes it effects accuracy.

#14 serano

serano

CQB Devotee - burn and turn as a way of life

• 1,421 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, ps3, movies, girls, and food

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Jan 31 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3) I've heard problems with the stock magazine, isn't it just a regular STANAG Magazine that's the same that comes with the GR16 series?

Any news on when the G&G SCAR-H hits, and if it changes anything other than features inherent to the SCAR-H. Ie different magazines.

1) inherent problem is the Hopup unit is a proprietary SCAR specific unit
2) yup it can take a lipo
3) its the same hicap that is included with all the m4s and m16s etc. that G&G makes, its really nice imo
4) accuracy is pretty good but could be better- I suggest a new bucking, the range is about 150ft-175ft

I owned the G&G scar-l in black about 2 years ago, if you have anymore question about it pm me.

have a high rof build question? shoot me a pm!

#15 cmathis

cmathis

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Jan 31 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've owned the G&G SCAR for over a year now, so here:

1. Nope, no problems I've experienced.

2. I'm pretty sure it could take a LiPO. The stock internals are quite nice.

3. The hicap that comes with the SCAR is very very nice. I've had no feeding problems whatsoever.

4. The stock accuracy is actually quite horrible, but the hopup itself is nice. I recommend replacing the barrel, and if you want to go all the way, get a Systema+SCS combo - it's the only way to go. I get about ~230ft range with an EdGI 6.01mm barrel and Systema+SCS.
Colton Mathis - "Bauer"
SWAMP Brigade, Waycross, GA
http://www.swampbrigade.org

#16 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Will a Guarder Cylinder head, Cylinder and Nozzle work well in the G&G SCAR? How is the stock piston and piston head combination?

#17 cmathis

cmathis

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Feb 6 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will a Guarder Cylinder head, Cylinder and Nozzle work well in the G&G SCAR? How is the stock piston and piston head combination?

Why do you want to replace all of that? All you need to do is put a #14 o-ring on the piston head and you'll be set. The piston and piston head are both actually very good with excellent compression. There's really no need to replace any of that stuff.
Colton Mathis - "Bauer"

#18 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (cmathis @ Feb 6 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you want to replace all of that? All you need to do is put a #14 o-ring on the piston head and you'll be set. The piston and piston head are both actually very good with excellent compression. There's really no need to replace any of that stuff.

Since it (would appear) to be a major pain to take the gun down to the gearbox, I might as well replace everything that potentially has problems while I'm in there, yes? While I've heard that the stock parts are pretty good, I've heard from others that aftermarkets are better and the price is justifiable.

#19 cmathis

cmathis

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Feb 6 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since it (would appear) to be a major pain to take the gun down to the gearbox, I might as well replace everything that potentially has problems while I'm in there, yes? While I've heard that the stock parts are pretty good, I've heard from others that aftermarkets are better and the price is justifiable.

Well, I'm just giving you advice based on my experience with my G&G SCAR. I actually bought aftermarket cylinder components and eventually put the stock ones back in because they offered better performance.
Colton Mathis - "Bauer"

#20 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

Really now? Shouldn't aftermarket components be better? Like Guarder Cylinder heads and Nozzles often have 2 O-rings, which should offer better compression. Shouldn't that be better? And how much better performance did the stock parts give over after markets?

#21 Ben

Ben

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Im a big fan of ARS cylinder heads with the sorbo pads. The stock air nozzle has an oring, so no replacement is needed. Aside from not getting a great seal with the stock piston head oring, everything else is perfectly apt with the stock spring, even up to an m120 id feel comfortable with.

#22 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:20 AM

I realize that the stock G&G compression parts, aside from the O-Ring, are reasonably good. What I'm asking is how much benefit would I get from aftermarket compression parts, some have said a decent amount, other's have sad a neglible amount.

#23 Sarin99

Sarin99

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

Just replace the O-ring, and test the compression, if it seems like it's not enough, buy new compression parts.

#24 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

The G&G SCAR uses a special hop-up unit, does it also use a special nozzle as well? Or do all standard V2 nozzles work?

#25 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Side note do mags wobble?

#26 Kamikaz3

Kamikaz3
  • Interests:Baseball, Fantasy baseball, Soccer, Football, Airsoft, Women
  • SOA Name: Kamikaz3

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (fuzzy002 @ Feb 8 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Side note do mags wobble?

Mags should wobble in every AR mag replica, so they can drop out of the magwell quickly. If it annoys you either put some electrical tape on the mags or inside the magwell.

#27 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Not on ALL AR series.
KWA's have almost no wobble, yet they fall upon release.

Same as Dboy's, at least in my experience.

#28 fuzzy002

fuzzy002

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Kamikaz3 @ Feb 8 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mags should wobble in every AR mag replica, so they can drop out of the magwell quickly. If it annoys you either put some electrical tape on the mags or inside the magwell.

My TM SOPMOD mags fit in easily and don't wobble, but drop easily. I've heard their is an exceptional amount of wobble for the G&G GR16 and SCAR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users