to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Goggles that fit over glasses?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ronin-V

Ronin-V
  • Interests:Guns<br />Video Games<br />Gun-Fu

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Ok so I have almost everything I need ready for skirmishing except one thing. GOGGLES! I wear thick frame glasses and I was wondering which goggles work good in conjunction with them? I want a pair that have minimal fogging, fit nice and most importantly, doesn't break the bank. I don't really want paintball goggles cause it makes it a bit hard to use iron sights with a mask on. If you need to get an idea of how my glasses look, I have them on a picture on my profile. Not the best picture, but im sure it'll work.

Also, if someone happens to know a good PB mask that works good with m4 iron sights, fogs minimally and is cheap price wise, go ahead and list it. a-thumbsup.gif

#2 Jeep

Jeep

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

ESS turbo fans

Do not play backyard airsoft! It threatens the hobby, it threatens your life.
High velocity should NOT be the measure of a good airsoft replica.

(stay tuned for more internet drama...)

#3 Slayer750

Slayer750
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously), Xbox 360, South Park and Family Guy

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:36 AM

http://www.optactica...spricnvgpr.html

Solution? I'm not encouraging (neither discouraging) the use of this website as I have no personal experience with them.

Props to eege for the sig!
My armory/rifles!
G&P M14 DMR Review

#4 Whiskey-Tears

Whiskey-Tears

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

I second the ESS turbo fan goggles. Yes they are more expensive than other brands, but when it comes to your vision why skimp out. The fans work great and keep the glasses fog free for sometime. Well worth the investment.

#5 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Jeep @ Mar 1 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ESS turbo fans

Agree'd. In all honesty, you will end up with all sorts of answers to your question. However as someone who wears glasses, and has had fogging issues.. ESS Turbofans are the ONLY way to go. The RX insert means you can have a spare set of lenses made, and leave them in there. The fan will most definitely resolve any fogging issue you will ever have. The major issue will be the startling price.

I've tried:ESS; Stryker, Profile, Ice. Bolle; T800's. Wiley X; Tactical. JT; Flex 8. In every single case, the lenses on my glasses (and in some cases the goggles too) fogged.

I'm currently running a JT Flex 8 with the "Crosswind" (older version of the X-wind) fan on it. And even THAT doesn't solve my glasses from fogging up.

I have borrowed a newer ESS stryker turbofan version. They actually did NOT fog, nor did the lenses of my glasses. In all honesty they are well worth the price they are asking. And yes, you can find them cheaper online then the MSRP from ESS.

Edited by OpSic66, 02 March 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#6 yc cars

yc cars

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

There is a prescription insert for ESS Profiles (and thus turbofans), not sure if it's something like reading glasses you can buy at Dollar General or a way for you to adapt your own actual prescription.

#7 J-man

J-man
  • Interests:Airsoft, Airsoft repair, Pc gaming, Driving, women, and havign a good old time.<br /><br /><br />not to mention I enjoy nature on top of that go figure.<br />

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

I us e apaintball mask atm and I have the fogging issue, Usally Doiong on eof many anti fogging solutions to your glasses+mask will last a skirmish. I use transison lenses and use the dishsoap meathod. and sofar its dandy but just gotta rember to do it before games. its either that or get them vented blow goggles. I jus tliek using a p ball mask because A I think there cooler (temp) wise than using a cloth facemask and offer more protection. then agian I wear a paintball mask+Old russian helmet from Fleetfarm.
Lover of Long guns and guns that go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPop!

#8 FN Nice Herstal

FN Nice Herstal

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

ESS turbo fans are pretty good. I think Bigdad on these forums is selling them for $25 or $35 (can't remember which). Great seller BTW. My recommendation is contacts!

#9 Gcommando36

Gcommando36
  • Interests:Airsawft, teh internets, reel steelzorz

• My Temperament:6, 1, 5, 12

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

I use Arena Flakjaks. They fit over glasses pretty well, but you will want some anti-fog spray. I use Extreme Rage.

#10 Not so Kurz

Not so Kurz
  • Interests:Airsoft, Eating...

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

A vantage mask will fit glasses if you make some foam cuts.
[Not so Kurz] 3:19 am: Go to Insane Clown Posse conccert, go to nickelback concert, chop balls off
[stickydude1] 3:19 am: chop balls off

[Romeo_Delta] 6:25 pm: Kurz, they're ripe at your age™
^the man gets me every time

WTB/WTT: NOVESKE EXTERNALS, AKs, AND HIGH SPEED INTERNALS. ICS M4 FOR TRADE

#11 Metal425

Metal425

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

Contacts FTW.
Fully Upgraded VFC H&K 416
JG Bar-10
KWA KP45 Tactical (USP)
KWA USP Compact
CA M15A4

#12 danish of doom

danish of doom
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Video games, Drum line

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Gcommando36 @ Mar 3 2010, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Arena Flakjaks. They fit over glasses pretty well, but you will want some anti-fog spray. I use Extreme Rage.

+1 If you can find a pair from the batch they messed up the coloring on on eBay, do that. I got a pair for $15 shipped, then spray painted them green and they fit very well over my glasses.
Click HERE for the official idiot test!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users