to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

how many shots per clip charge of propane

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chvojka

chvojka

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

is there a calculation or something to figure out how many shots per charge of propane in a given clip? perhaps cubic inches in a clip or something?

#2 vulrath

vulrath

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

Unfortunately, because we don't know exactly how much gas is released each time we pull the trigger, and the situation is complicated further by the addition of high-flow valves, varying power recoil springs, temperature, etc., its hard to tell exactly what kind of mileage you'll get.

What kind of gun is it? Someone might be able to give a rough estimate as to how long yours might last based on personal experience with a gun of the same make and model.
In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

#3 Slayer750

Slayer750
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously), Xbox 360, South Park and Family Guy

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:04 AM

Just to let you know before people come in here and start bashing you, what you are referring to is a magazine, not a clip. I suggest searching "mag vs clip" on google so that you don't run into trolling in your future at ASF (or any other airsoft forum). I'm trying my best not to sound harsh...

As vulrath above said, there is no formula or sure way to calculate gas consumption in an airsoft gun unless using an external gas system, which wouldn't make much sense for a pistol IMO.

Props to eege for the sig!
My armory/rifles!
G&P M14 DMR Review

#4 Sgt. Lai

Sgt. Lai

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:02 AM

It's not the magazine, but rather the gun itself. Give us a model and we someone who has it can probably give you an average
Guess which one is me. Ten bucks if you can.

To whom does this spleen on the ground belong?

#5 mrquackbunny

mrquackbunny

Hey look, I got one of these now. Boy do I feel special.

• 994 posts
  • Interests:Why, airsoft of course!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

WHAT?
A CLIP? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU F-KING ARE TRYING TO TELL US YOU'RE USING A CLIP IN YOUR GBB? ARE YOU USING AN M1 GARAND?! WTF!

no, but seriously, there are a lot of factors to it, you can get anywhere from half a magazine to like 3 full magazines depending on what you have.
I think I'm supposed to have a signature, so here it is. I hope you like it.

#6 chvojka

chvojka

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

Sorry, magazine. New to all this. I am not referencing any specific gun as I do not have one yet I'm just doing some research on what kind of gun to consider. I guess my question may be how does propane compare to electric guns? I am drawn to gas because it seems simpler and I like the blowback idea.

#7 vulrath

vulrath

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

Blowback is crisper, there are more upgrades available, it is actually a simpler system (at least I think it is when compared to AEG gearboxes; others might have a different opinion about that), more realistic. I'm sure others will add more, but that's all I can think of.
In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

#8 project-c2

project-c2
  • Interests:Playing CQB, stunting my 50, and my fiance Lesley.

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Kind of hard to predict, due to cool down. If you let the mag stabilize per shot, say 86 degrees every shot, then you can accurately measure shot count, but who has time to wait 4-5 mins between shots. LOL But depends on the mag capacity too. ie Hi Capa vs 1911.
The Official 2011 thread
Keep the thread alive.

2010 Summer Buildoff Best of Show

#9 MARSOCdoc

MARSOCdoc
  • Interests:Saving lives, shooting at terrorists, airsoft and eating

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

u know what... if u wanna call it clip... do it... I support you. im gonna start doing it now too. as far as your original question, again, a lot of different factors come into play... we might need a lil more info about the specific gun... and propane vs electric, well... I'll always chose gas
-Kagami-Vainguard-MARSOCdoc-<3Bromance<3-

Hepatitis Mac and Cheese FOOLZ!

#10 chvojka

chvojka

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for all the info! The next question is can you generally shoot a full magazine of shots before having to fill with gas again? Also what should I be looking at for a starter gun, machine gun style for $150 or so. Gas of course.

#11 jinmu

jinmu
  • SOA Name: jinmu

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

^Again depends. I was using a friends TM Mk23 (QUIETEST AIRSOFT GUN EVER btw), filled it wrong, and got three shots off before I ran out of gas. I should also note that it cold enough to see one's breath.

*Be sure to push the propane/green gas can DOWN into the mag/clip/valve in order to fill it correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users