to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Tanio Koba vs high fps and tightbore

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 racer128

racer128

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

So I have seen all the info on the twist barrels, and some of it is pretty convincing. I am planning on building a dmr/long range aeg and am debating the following two options -

high fps setup - (m135 or 130 spring) and a prometheus tightbore, semi auto only, ~450 fps

Tk set up - no spring upgrades, full/semi auto, ~350-370 (w/ .2), shooting a .28 to keep the fps below 330, since the tk is best below that

now the obvious advantage of the tk barrel set up is that wear on the gears will be very low since I would be most likely using a v7 g&p gear box and running it with a low power spring. My question is does the twist barrel offer the range and accuracy advantage needed to be on par with a high fps set up like the first one I listed?

btw, from what I can gather, v7s are some of the strongest gear boxes when compared with a v2, which, besides me already having a bunch of m14 mags, is the reason im going with the v7. Is this a correct statement, or is there no real strength advantage to the v7 gb?

#2 stickydude1

stickydude1

I put the "sensual" in "non-consensual"

• Authorized Seller Free
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Snowboarding<br />Video games
  • SOA Name: stickydude1

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

yes, v7 gearboxes are much stronger than a v2. and as for the tk vs normal tightbore, I would go with the high fps and normal tightbore so your bb's get to the target faster and with more kinetic energy. with a v7 gearbox, you should be fine with handling a higher fps.

#3 Duck7575

Duck7575
  • Interests:I got to school, I go home, I do homework. I play video games, bass, and airsoft when I can.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

+1 For higher energy output.

Also, isn't the TK twist barrel only good for about a 1 joule energy output?
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early kill people.
QUOTE (Wert @ Nov 29 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't where pants on youtube.
-Wert

QUOTE (Deadlyapollo @ Feb 27 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not like JG guns sam I am, I do not like them here or there. I do not like them ANYWHERE!

#4 Apollo7

Apollo7

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

if you're only going for range than definitely go with the high fps set up. /if you went with the TK, you will definitely be reaching the 200 mark, but by then the bb's will be traveling slowly and people may be able to dodge them. Plus, you would actually have to downgrade the spring, seeing as using a heavy gram bb to reach below the 330 fps mark doesnt seem to work (must be using .2..not sure if .23 would work) because the momentum of the bb counter acts the air effect surrounding the bb. By going with high fps, your bbs will still reach out to that distance, but will be traveling much faster, like stickydude pointed out.

-made by ReconRifleman

Upgrades: G&G MP5A4 PBB: Guarder gears, G&P shims, KA 8mm bearings, Modify spring guide, Bravo anti-reversal latch, Modify SP120 spring, CA cylinder head, KA POM piston, Prommy piston head, CA silicone wiring, Systema bucking, SCS nub, 363mm Madbull 6.01 tbb, 9.6v 4200mAh battery, AMP high-torque motor

#5 racer128

racer128

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Duck7575 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 For higher energy output.

Also, isn't the TK twist barrel only good for about a 1 joule energy output?

QUOTE (Apollo7 @ Mar 3 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you're only going for range than definitely go with the high fps set up. /if you went with the TK, you will definitely be reaching the 200 mark, but by then the bb's will be traveling slowly and people may be able to dodge them. Plus, you would actually have to downgrade the spring, seeing as using a heavy gram bb to reach below the 330 fps mark doesnt seem to work (must be using .2..not sure if .23 would work) because the momentum of the bb counter acts the air effect surrounding the bb. By going with high fps, your bbs will still reach out to that distance, but will be traveling much faster, like stickydude pointed out.

I was unsure about the 1 joule, I was thinking it had more to do with fps. Here's my reasoning - basically, the slower a bb is going the less it will disrupt the air cushion. And if the spring can push a heavy bb around 330 or less, then the pressure of the cushion of air will be enough to keep it centered. At over 330, I would assume the bb starts to act more erratically, since at a higher speed, smaller inconsistencies can negatively affect an object.

However, thinking about the 1 joule limit, I could see it also holding true if it is more a matter of a bb with a higher kinetic energy than a Joule "punching" through the air cushion, and at over the 1J limit that might be what happens. (someone check my physics please a-wink.gif )

#6 blacklockdown

blacklockdown
  • SOA Name: Blacklockdown

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

someone really should make a tanio koba twist barrel for snipers. they would kill for something like that.

hey, you posted that at 357 lol (3:57pm)
He who loves silver will not be fully satisfied with silver - Ecclesiastes 5:10

#7 racer128

racer128

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (blacklockdown @ Mar 3 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
someone really should make a tanio koba twist barrel for snipers. they would kill for something like that.

hey, you posted that at 357 lol (3:57pm)

lol yeah I did. and they do, its just most of their models are out of stock everywhere. The problem for the snipers is the fps limit. If they could do something to the grooves to make the barrel work up to maybe 500fps, everyone would buy one.

#8 Hawkeye888

Hawkeye888
  • Interests:Airsoft! Off-roading, video games, real steel.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

They make them for snipers, in a sniper set up its used due to it being ridiculously silent and yet accurate.

#9 The Baller

The Baller

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

They do make them for sniper rifles and Iminthe same dilema as you:

My problem is:

The TK is cheap than all the stuff needed for a high fps setup, (save me more than $200)

But my shots wouldnt be felt, I hit people with my stock rifle and they don't feel it and Im going to have to drop the FPS anymore.

So I say if you have alot of money then go for theigh FPS, if not tk is a good alternative.

Beautiful signature made by KOPER!...and trophy by GoLgo 13

#10 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

You do have to use less than 1 joule. Heavier bbs will not compensate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users