to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

About California Orange Tip Law

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vernonreaper

vernonreaper

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Removing Orange Tip and It Shoot it at back yard, Illegal?
Removed Orange Tip and Place it at my Wall, Illegal?
Removed Orange Tip and play in the dessert, Illegal?
Is it illegal for playing at an airsoft field having removed orange tip?

#2 xlizer

xlizer
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Mechanical Buliding/Repair<br />Welding<br />Music<br />People

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (vernonreaper @ Apr 14 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Removing Orange Tip and It Shoot it at back yard, Illegal?
Removed Orange Tip and Place it at my Wall, Illegal?
Removed Orange Tip and play in the dessert, Illegal?
Is it illegal for playing at an airsoft field having removed orange tip?

It's legal in California for you to remove the orange tip as long as you're not selling or otherwise commercially transporting it.

Now, as for the legality of those activities... Playing in your back yard or in a desert is a bit iffy. You'd have to check your local airgun laws.

It is perfectly legal in California to remove the orange tip and display your gun on your wall and to play at an airsoft field having removed the orange tip.

There was a case recently where a person was traveling with his airsoft gun with removed orange tip in the front passenger seat of his pickup truck in California. He was charged with altering a replica firearm to appear more realistic, but the court ruled that airsoft guns were not replica guns but were instead bb guns, and that removing the orange tip was within his rights.

EDIT: That said, it is still illegal to brandish an airsoft gun, orange tip or not. Remember to always transport your guns in a case, bag, or in some way completely covered.

Edited by xlizer, 14 April 2010 - 02:04 PM.

Looking for Airsoft in the Albany, NY area? Look no further.

(sorry external links are not allowed in member signatures) - admin

~~Xlizer

#3 carbonfibreguy

carbonfibreguy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Not just in California, everywhere in the U.S. Anyways, it isn't considered illegal to remove in your backyard, but it is recommended to keep it on unless you are at a field or on the wall.

asfaegjudgeuserbar.jpg
Carbonsig2.jpg106j5hf.gif
^^^Props to KOPER for the awesome sig^^^

Ask Carbon thread~

#4 TakePoint

TakePoint
  • Interests:I'm a girl. I like air-soft. My dad and my brothers got me into it when I was younger. In college, I've set aside some time to play air-soft. Now I want to learn a bit more about equipment and tactics.

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Back in high school, we always just left the orange tips on. We heard all the rumors and stories about getting shot by cops if you weren't careful. To be honest I haven't looked much into it. Does anyone know the laws about tips for Indiana?
Air-soft or tanning salons? I just can't decide, sweetie...
Best funny facebook status ever!

#5 Avneet

Avneet
  • Interests:Airsoft, SOCCER, driving, LE, Law.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

Just adding my 2 cents. It is not legal advice, but this is why I keep my orange tips off (still keep them out of view from anyone other then at the field).

Look at California's Laws

#6 Deltie

Deltie

Supreme Leader Of Umbrella United

• Authorized Seller Elite
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Not airsoft... as you can clearly see...

• My Temperament:1,0,7,16

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

According to that, that means 8mm marushins and others are not considered BB guns, but actual firearms?

Lastly, If the damn ATF could tell the difference between airsoft guns and actual firearms....
-Umbrella Armories LLC

#7 vbrrcdas

vbrrcdas

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

as long as you are smart about it, I.E. not doing anything stupid, you should be good, just be sure when you transport to have the gun in a bag or a case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users