to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

D-boys KAC PDW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus.C

Marcus.C

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Im just getting into this hobby and would like to get an AEG, a friend is offering his Dboys KAC PDW for sale. I'd like to consider this option.

My question is with regards to the upgradability of the Dboys KAC PDW.....are there barrels, springs, gearbox, motor available for future upgrade?

I have used it a few time and would like to improve its range and accuracy.

Stock Internals
1. How good are the internals?
2. What would be the max spring rate?
3. Which barrel is recommended?
4. Will 11.1v lipo work?
5. Which tightbore will work the best?
6. Can I upgrade to High-Torque motor along with the springs? or will have I have to change the gears as well to improve range?

Aftermarket internals
1. Which gearbox to get for
a) increase ROF
b) increase range
2. Which tightbore will be the best?
3. Which motor for high torque.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

#2 namloot

namloot

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

Any AEG can be upgraded for ranged accuracy and durability. The gun you are describing is an MPEG. The gun is not made as well as some premium brand guns and is typically harder to upgrade then a premium make gun. This is especially true for someone just getting in our sport.

"What would be the max spring rate?"
What is the muzzle velocity limit of your local field? You would want to have your gun stay below that limit.

"Will 11.1v lipo work?"
A high "c" rated 11.1v LiPo battery with a high peak discharge rate will likely rapidly destroy that gun's internals.

"Which tightbore will work the best?"
Regardless of bore and the build material, once the straightness, roundness, smoothness and the quality of the crown of an inner barrel gets to a certain point, making it straighter, rounder, smoother or making the quality of the crown better will not make is shoot any better. This is because the deviances in the tolerances of the BBs available are way below the deviances in the tolerances of a good inner barrel.

BB quality is the limiting factor in an airsoft replica's accuracy.

All the top brands of inner barrels have reached this quality level. That is why all the top brands of inner barrels, Prometheus, Madbull, PDI, Systema, EdGI and TM, whether they are 6.01, 6.03, 6.04 or 6.08mm, all shoot very close to one another.

The other accuracy components that make up an AEG, such as the hop up unit, bucking, nub and compression parts, have a greater effect on accuracy then which premium barrel you use.

I use Prometheus, Madbull and TM inner barrels and get excellent results with all of them.

This is a related thread, which applies to your questions as well.
http://www.airsoftfo...pg-t181827.html

Good luck

Edited by namloot, 19 April 2010 - 09:37 AM.

Bob
My Marui M14, Custom Marui AK47 and Custom Marui G36KV

#3 Marcus.C

Marcus.C

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

namloot,

Thanks for your reply.

The field (woods) that I play in is pretty big, but there isnt any fixed rule per say, but the guys were mentioning to keep springs to a max of 135. I really don't know what range will a 135 spring give.

From the few games that I have played, I think I need accuracy at about 120'...is that asking too much?

I intend to stay in this sport for a long time, from the websites I have seen I really like the MP7, G36...I really don't mind spending a bit more if its worth. Hearing from the guys, they end up upgrading anyway! What would be the recommendation? I'd require the gun to have decent durability with upgradability down the line and it should be light, preferable below 2.5kg.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Edited by Marcus.C, 19 April 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#4 Marcus.C

Marcus.C

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

Guys,

After some reading at ASF, I have decided to split up the upgrade.

Phase 1.

1. Rewire with silicone 16AWG wires.
2. AB MOSFET
3. Lipo 11.1V

Phase 2.

1. Prometheus 6.03 285mm barrel ( the KAC PDW comes with an outer barrel that covers the 285mm nicely)
2. Prometheus Neo Strike Metal Chamber
3. Systema Bucking
4. PCS nub

I'll be looking at better quality BBs available here.

Thanks.

Regards.

Edited by Marcus.C, 26 April 2010 - 03:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users