to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Motor For Torque AND speed

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gerardcb

gerardcb
  • Interests:I'm a musician. Music!

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hi! I'm looking for a motor that will give the absolute best rof (just for a semi only DMR), but at the same time, pull an m160 spring.

#2 psychobunny

psychobunny

That guy. You know. The one with the face.

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

Just get a really good high torque motor. If it's only on semi then a high torque will give you better trigger response on semi than a high speed motor. I hear the Guarder high torque is good as well as the G&P m160. But I'm sure someone else will come along with a better suggestion.

My Youtube Channel
^For awesome builds and tech videos!

http://www.airsoftfo...al-t225374.html
^ For the absolute best in accuracy in your AEG.

#3 D0096F

D0096F
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

I had the guarder high torque and it's great. I coupled it with a MOSFET and a 5000mah 9.6v and got amazing trigger response. I'd recommend a professionally made MOSFET from extreme-fire and a li-po for best results.
BR55 Project (WIP) l TM FA-MAS SV review l Version 1 Gearbox Guide

AEG and sniper rifle repairs, mods and upgrades: $20 base service fee PM me for additional details.

#4 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

I also have a Guarder high torque and it works very well. I put the stock gears, spring and piston(just to save my other one so it doesnt wear faster) back in my G&G m14 to play some cqb and the rof was turning heads at the chrono station. It was around 25-27bps and I could hear the motor hum

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#5 namloot

namloot

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

The Guarder high torque motor I have, with an M120 spring, got the same rate of fire as a TM EG700 did (18bps). A G&P M120 shot 21bps.
http://www.airsoftfo...re-t138505.html
Bob
My Marui M14, Custom Marui AK47 and Custom Marui G36KV

#6 serano

serano

CQB Devotee - burn and turn as a way of life

• 1,421 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, ps3, movies, girls, and food

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

I had a systema magnum way back and that thing was FAST! instantaneous trigger reponse and amazing rof. the only thing I would say bad about guarders is that they have a bad lemon rate and I have heard they don't last very long.

have a high rof build question? shoot me a pm!

#7 sergantsnipes

sergantsnipes
  • Interests:airsoft, golf, baseball, cars. food

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (namloot @ Apr 26 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Guarder high torque motor I have, with an M120 spring, got the same rate of fire as a TM EG700 did (18bps). A G&P M120 shot 21bps.
http://www.airsoftfo...re-t138505.html

I had mine on a m100 with a 9.6v 3300 mah wired to deans and it ripped bb's out there

My M14 project
pm me for questions about the G&G plastica series and combat machine series
G&G m14 video review

#8 SHWELL

SHWELL
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, and Music Production

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

AMP Hi Torque Motor is a wonderful Motor. And when the load is low (SPring) it has the ability to put BB's out very fast.

The Harder I work, the Better I live..... I'm retired, what am I supposed to do now?
Die. Please tell me if I'm right. Love, vietec <3

#9 Cornington

Cornington
  • Interests:Airsoft obviously<br />the dark and obscure depths of metal music

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'd like to throw in a vote for KWA motors. ~20 rps on a 400 fps spring with a 9.6v isn't bad IMO.
"Dear Mr. Police, you can call me God." - John Muhammad, The Washington/Beltway Sniper

I am currently president of The Cheif's Airsoft Platoon, the University of Illinois' official student organization for airsoft. If you are or will be attending UIUC in the future and have any questions regarding the club, please feel free to message me.

Replicas currently owned:

KWA SR12
KWA USP .45 Tactical
Ares SL9 <- discontinued model :)
TM AUG A2
Why are all my guns getting discontinued? =\
QUOTE (namloot @ Jan 26 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hate you, however it is my opinion your comments on the AEGs are balderdash.

#10 YesOfficer

YesOfficer
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Beer

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

I haven't measured it yet, but I put my G&P M160 motor into my M4 two days ago and it is insane. The M4 has a SP120 spring, and Prometheus high speed gears and a 10.8v battery. NO lag with trigger response, and I swear this thing is nearing 25bps. Could be just my imagination, we'll see.

#11 Cornington

Cornington
  • Interests:Airsoft obviously<br />the dark and obscure depths of metal music

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (YesOfficer @ May 2 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't measured it yet, but I put my G&P M160 motor into my M4 two days ago and it is insane. The M4 has a SP120 spring, and Prometheus high speed gears and a 10.8v battery. NO lag with trigger response, and I swear this thing is nearing 25bps. Could be just my imagination, we'll see.

+1 to this, I have one as well. It's fantastic and all but you MUST get a new pinion. KWA gears > G&P pinion lol
"Dear Mr. Police, you can call me God." - John Muhammad, The Washington/Beltway Sniper

I am currently president of The Cheif's Airsoft Platoon, the University of Illinois' official student organization for airsoft. If you are or will be attending UIUC in the future and have any questions regarding the club, please feel free to message me.

Replicas currently owned:

KWA SR12
KWA USP .45 Tactical
Ares SL9 <- discontinued model :)
TM AUG A2
Why are all my guns getting discontinued? =\
QUOTE (namloot @ Jan 26 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hate you, however it is my opinion your comments on the AEGs are balderdash.

#12 YesOfficer

YesOfficer
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Beer

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Cornington @ May 2 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 to this, I have one as well. It's fantastic and all but you MUST get a new pinion. KWA gears > G&P pinion lol

+1 this also. I stripped my G&P pinion with less than 1000 rounds. I put a Guarder steel pinion and it seems to be holding up quite well.

#13 AirsoftRepairGuy(Hans17)

AirsoftRepairGuy(Hans17)
  • Interests:Currently Own:<br />Systema PTW Mk18<br />Fully Upped TM M14<br />Fully Upped KJW M700<br />Magpul PTS ACR Foliage Green<br />WE G39c<br />KWA Mp7<br />Tanaka Kar98 w/ ZF41 scope<br />Tanaka SAA Steel finish Cavalry<br />KSC Glock 17<br />KSC M9 PTP<br />KWA USPc NS2<br />WE 1911 (custom painted OD/Black)<br />Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle Chrome<br />Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle Gold<br />Marushin Taurus Raging Bull Chrome<br />TSD M3 full stock<br />WE Luger<br />AI Tornado Grenade timed black<br /><br />Would like:<br />WE M14 or EBR<br />WE P90<br />Tavor<br />CA P90<br />Marushin or KTW Winchester<br />MORE Tanaka SAA's<br />Upgraded AK of some sort.<br />M1 Garand<br />WE 1911 Govt.<br />Micro T-1 Red dot

• My Temperament:Meh

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

Guarder, G&P or Matrix 3000 turbo. spins at 40000 rpm
Knives for sale!! Check it out!!
WTB: PolarStar fusion engine and HPA related items for a first P* build!
<>Shoot Me a message if you need a gun fixed or help with something airsoft related, I will see what I can do :)<>

#14 Artoo

Artoo
  • Interests:Airsoft, real steel target shooting, basketball, hockey, video games, car/bike modification, computers, etc.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

I just put in an AMP T5000L in my M4 this weekend. I have not done instrument testing yet, but compared to the G&P M120 motor I had on before, it KILLS it in trigger response and is just as fast if not faster on the rate of fire. My setup is 8mm solid bushings, PDI 170% spring, stock VFC gears, a 7.4v 1200mah 20C lipo, and 18 awg wiring (for now) with EC3 connectors (comparable to Deans). Also, the gun feels/sounds awesome. It no longer sounds strained like it did with the G&P motor.

I'm going to put the same motor in my G&P Sentry with some 16:1 gears and 8mm bearings (same battery but with 16 awg wiring). I can't wait to see the results.

Time will tell how long the pinion gear/motor lasts. The G&P M120 pinion was already starting to show signs of wear at almost 10k rounds.

#15 project-c2

project-c2
  • Interests:Playing CQB, stunting my 50, and my fiance Lesley.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

Systema Magnum is the best, but kind of hit-or-miss with reliability. AMP so far is a close second especially when it is half the price of a magnum.
The Official 2011 thread
Keep the thread alive.

2010 Summer Buildoff Best of Show

#16 SHWELL

SHWELL
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, and Music Production

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I am officially an AMP guy... I have a Systema Turbo, ICS Turbo 3000, G&P 120, Systema Magnum, and 2 AMP motors...

Of all, the AMP motors have been the most reliable and have provided outstanding RPS at 275 FPS .20's.. (35RPS on 11.1v 35c MOSFET). This motor in a HS setup does not break a sweat, 75000 rounds later and the thing runs great and looks great as well (brushes and stuff).

Second fav of the group has been the ICS Turbo 3000.. This thing is a work horse, it is not the best in any category, but does really good in all categories.

For all out speed, the G&P M120 is the fastest, but I had to change the Pimion immediately (100 rounds), and with my setup it runs extremely hot, and I don't trust that...

The Systemas both perform GREAT, they are the best at what they are intended for.. But each of them cause problems. I went through 5 FETS b4 realising the Motors were the problem.. Even with the fix, they are not really reliable at times.. IF I did not have so much money in them, I would throw them away.

The Harder I work, the Better I live..... I'm retired, what am I supposed to do now?
Die. Please tell me if I'm right. Love, vietec <3

#17 blacklockdown

blacklockdown
  • SOA Name: Blacklockdown

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

im getting exactly 22bps with my G&P m160 motor, m120 spring, 11.1v 1800mah 25c lipo, shimmed, lubed, other upgrades, G&G l85a2
He who loves silver will not be fully satisfied with silver - Ecclesiastes 5:10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users