to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

too much barrel for volume?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zyxtarion

zyxtarion

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Alright I now am getting 250 ft torso shots 7-8/10 easy at 512 fps (+/- 3) with my vsr 10 and wondering how to squeeze some out some more performance from it.
here are my parts in it so far

Pdi 690mm light outer barrel
Pdi 554mm 6.01 inner barrel
Pdi Bull barrel cap
Laylax zero trigger
Laylax piston
P* spring guide
Laylax cylinder head
SP150 spring
EA M3 3-9x40 scope
G spec barrel spacers
Teflon tape on cylinder head and over bucking.

Stock parts:
receiver
hop up unit
bucking
cylinder

So im trying to squeeze out some more ranger and I believe that first I need Either Noobie's TDC kit or a nineball bucking if I loose my patients (best airseal aftermarket bucking). I really im not thinking of going to the 170 cause it seems like that is pushing the limits a bit.

So noobie shaved down his cylinder just a tad for his 500 mm barrel but im thinking that with my 554mm, the cylinder might be lacking a little bit of volume, making the piston hit first and shaking the barrel a little just before the bb leaves causing inaccuracy, plus with the little volume its not accelerating the bb all the way out the barrel so I might not be getting all the fps I want.

My question is if I need to either get a bore up cylinder kit (which I want to avoid) OR should I cut the barrel a bit (maybe even just porting it)

Again my rifle is shooting fine, just want to make it the best it can be which in my experience takes constant tampering and adjusting.

What do you guys think?

#2 silent_soul

silent_soul

Silent_soul is a Pirate

• Authorized Seller Elite
  • 1,650 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Why try and fix something that isn't broken, try putting a better bucking in and push that hop up up. U should be able to hit out to 285 with practice and tweaking I'm sorry but lack of range for u right now might be due to lack of skill and a poor tuning job
TAT'D LIKE A G

#3 zyxtarion

zyxtarion

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Trust me I know how to tune my rifle very well and I can read wind and ranges just fine thank you very much so I have trouble believing its me not being able to hit my shots. I can reach 285 if I aim about 3-4 mill dots or so, but 300 is really pushing it (made a couple shots at 300 but its like 2/10)
A new bucking will be on its way as soon as the nineball gets in stock somewhere (seems like everyone is out)

My real question still remains... is 554mm too long for a regular stock cylinder? If so, what is the ideal length for an unmodified cylinder?

#4 silent_soul

silent_soul

Silent_soul is a Pirate

• 1,650 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

Cylinder volume to barrel length in my mind is only applicable to aegs And even then I don't believe in it negatively affecting guns

Also if u want more range use .29 sgm bbs madbulls super heavy weight bbs kill range and sgms worked good for me even in a 620 fps setup

Edited by silent_soul, 27 April 2010 - 08:10 PM.

TAT'D LIKE A G

#5 zyxtarion

zyxtarion

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

hmm... interesting thoughts.

Well that's good to hear. I never even considered using sgm's cause of their "low" weight and price but I will give them a try.

Just while you are responding, I am using what I have left of the white BB King .32s which I love, but soon they are just making black bb's, which I cannot stand for sniping.

I Your opinion, what are your thoughts on the madbull's? From what I have heard they are hit and miss, but the only BAD reviews I can find on them are on their bio bbs...

Of course nothing beats hands on testing so I will probably pick some up tomorrow and test them against my BB King's and some SGM's so see Rang and accuracy of each.

Thanks so much for the response and new insight silent.
keep your head down

#6 silent_soul

silent_soul

Silent_soul is a Pirate

• 1,650 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:23 AM

After digicon went under and I ran out of their .36's I've only. Used sgms and just love them I keep meaning to try the new madbulls but haven't
TAT'D LIKE A G

#7 rdjorge

rdjorge

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (zyxtarion @ Apr 27 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright I now am getting 250 ft torso shots 7-8/10 easy at 512 fps (+/- 3) with my vsr 10 and wondering how to squeeze some out some more performance from it.
here are my parts in it so far

Pdi 690mm light outer barrel
Pdi 554mm 6.01 inner barrel
Pdi Bull barrel cap
Laylax zero trigger
Laylax piston
P* spring guide
Laylax cylinder head
SP150 spring
EA M3 3-9x40 scope
G spec barrel spacers
Teflon tape on cylinder head and over bucking.

Stock parts:
receiver
hop up unit
bucking
cylinder

So im trying to squeeze out some more ranger and I believe that first I need Either Noobie's TDC kit or a nineball bucking if I loose my patients (best airseal aftermarket bucking). I really im not thinking of going to the 170 cause it seems like that is pushing the limits a bit.

So noobie shaved down his cylinder just a tad for his 500 mm barrel but im thinking that with my 554mm, the cylinder might be lacking a little bit of volume, making the piston hit first and shaking the barrel a little just before the bb leaves causing inaccuracy, plus with the little volume its not accelerating the bb all the way out the barrel so I might not be getting all the fps I want.

My question is if I need to either get a bore up cylinder kit (which I want to avoid) OR should I cut the barrel a bit (maybe even just porting it)

Again my rifle is shooting fine, just want to make it the best it can be which in my experience takes constant tampering and adjusting.

What do you guys think?

Did you read all pages? Here
MarineSGT had pretty much the same question...

Edited by rdjorge, 28 April 2010 - 12:56 PM.

#8 zyxtarion

zyxtarion

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (rdjorge @ Apr 28 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you read all pages? Here
MarineSGT had pretty much the same question...

Thanks bro. I must not have read that far in that thread.
Apologies for getting off topic a little bit, but learned some new stuff.

Thanks a bunch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users