to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

KSC Auto-9 Robocop problems...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 LA2019

LA2019

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

As the title states, I have a KSC Auto-9 Robocop GBB pistol. I've had it for a few years but don't really shoot it much...bought it more as a collectable. Anywho, I pulled it out the other day, loaded up some gas and BB's, pulled the trigger and all of the gas blew out of the magazine in one fell swoop! So naturally I want to get the pistol back to operating conditon. I'm guessing it's probably an O-ring or valve. Anyone have any suggestions or advice they would like to pass along? Thanks in advance! Ken
"The second place winner is the first place loser".

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

#2 Suzaku

Suzaku
  • Interests:Airsofting<br />Monster Hunting
  • SOA Name: Suzaku

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Is the gun still lubricated?

Binding parts can cause a magazine to drain completely.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!
AEG Hair Trigger Guide
New for sale: Gas Inlet Valve O-rings, Graw Vest, CAW M203, MP7 stuff and more.

#3 LA2019

LA2019

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Suzaku @ Jun 2 2010, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the gun still lubricated?

Oh yeah, I kept it lub'd. I would also keep a small amount of gas in the mag while it was stored to keep some pressure on the rings.

I do use propane gas instead of green gas. I do add silicon to the propane but I'm wondering if the propane is causing the problem?

#4 Noobgunner

Noobgunner
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, my children. Currently attending school to become a police officer.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

Na the propane shouldn't be causing the problem, especially if you add silcone like you're supposed to. What it sounds like is probably a bad o-ring or valve sticking. If the mag holds propane fine, I'd check either the valve release on the mag, or o-rings in the gun.

#5 LA2019

LA2019

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Noobgunner @ Jun 4 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What it sounds like is probably a bad o-ring or valve sticking. If the mag holds propane fine, I'd check either the valve release on the mag, or o-rings in the gun.

I think you're right Noobgunner. I sprayed some silicon down the throat of the gas port and sprayed the valve really good. I also gave an extra shot into the gas fill valve. I let it sit over night then tried it the next day and all seems to be well now. I still suspect the valve. I ordered a new mag from RedWolf and when that one comes in I'm going to take the old mag apart and see if I can get it back to proper operating status.

Thanks for all of the advise guys!

Here are some pics of the Auto-9 for your veiwing enjoyment...

#6 LA2019

LA2019

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

I received my new magazine from Redwolf the other day. I tried it out in my pistol and all is fine. I'm going to take apart the old magazine and check out the valve. I'm 99.9% certain the the valve is suspect. I'll probably just order a new valve for the mag. Can I just use any valve or do I need to order a specific type?

#7 ndsmith9849

ndsmith9849

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (LA2019 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As the title states, I have a KSC Auto-9 Robocop GBB pistol. I've had it for a few years but don't really shoot it much...bought it more as a collectable. Anywho, I pulled it out the other day, loaded up some gas and BB's, pulled the trigger and all of the gas blew out of the magazine in one fell swoop! So naturally I want to get the pistol back to operating conditon. I'm guessing it's probably an O-ring or valve. Anyone have any suggestions or advice they would like to pass along? Thanks in advance! Ken

Ken if you still have the auto 9 and do not shoot it much I would gladly pay you a fair price for it, if you are willing to sell it thanks nick

#8 ndsmith9849

ndsmith9849

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (LA2019 @ Jun 1 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#9 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (ndsmith9849 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ken if you still have the auto 9 and do not shoot it much I would gladly pay you a fair price for it, if you are willing to sell it thanks nick

This thread is from two years ago. Please check the date before posting in an old thread without critical information. Try messaging the user instead for something like that.

(This is my automatic signature content)

WTS: WE Hi-capa

WTS: Madbull Daniel Defense RIS + Gemtech mock suppressor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users