to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

BB Safety

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Star_folder

Star_folder
  • Interests:Airsoft.

• My Temperament:2,5,7,10

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

My dad and I were talking about BBs this afternoon, and I mentioned how Biodegradable bbs are better to use. He then counters, telling me that bio bbs are more fragile, and that they will break against mesh masks.

I know that most, if not all sanctioned airsoft fields require bio bbs, but are they really more fragile? How do they hold up against a mesh mask flying at over 400fps?

#2 AndyY

AndyY

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

http://www.airsoftfo...-Ma-t59480.html
Seems like mesh masks aren't the safest against regular bbs, let along biodegradable bbs.

#3 Gcommando36

Gcommando36
  • Interests:Airsawft, teh internets, reel steelzorz

• My Temperament:6, 1, 5, 12

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

I have nothing against mesh masks as long as the wearer has shooting glasses underneath. Some fields still don't allow them though.

Weird, almost no fields where I live require bio BBs.

Edited by Gcommando36, 06 June 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#4 Star_folder

Star_folder

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

I've only heard that, But I guess it's not true.

Alright, thanks guys.

#5 godwin

godwin
  • Interests:Hey, im from Europe. The Forum don't like my phone number...

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Yes, BioBBs crumble more. Worst when they hit the mesh-mask from the side. We tested this on several masks.

#6 maineyac

maineyac

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

this probably isn't true but mesh isn't as hard as stamped steel goggles to I don't think bbs would break as easily on a mesh goggle.

#7 Star_folder

Star_folder

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

After looking around for a while it seems that the mesh is more likely to be bent out of the way and a bb slipping through the mesh.

Also, I would guess that the stamped steel would be better because it will cover more area, while the mesh doesn't. Also with the smoother surface of the steel it would seem the bb more likely to stay intact then on the bumpy surface of mesh.

#8 Ex Eagle

Ex Eagle

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

some BBs are hard and others are soft, regardless of biodegradability.

Bioval .27's are a good example. they are some of the hardest BBs on the market.

I don't see the point in mesh masks since you run the risk of any soft BB fracturing and getting through the mask. you'd have to wear safety glasses anyway.

#9 hydralover

hydralover
  • Interests:airsoft, cars

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

Regarding mesh masks, let's put it this way...

Are you really willing to bet your EYES that the other guy's BB won't break on your mask? The fact is, BBs shatter and break, hard or soft, Bio or not, stamped steel or not. It simply isn't a risk that I'm unwilling to take, so I will NEVER wear mesh without some form of secondary protection. Eye protection is one of the most important aspects of airsoft. Don't skimp out.

Think about it, and decide for yourself.

Edited by hydralover, 06 July 2010 - 06:40 PM.

In case you're bored or interested... My stuff and my loadout
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#10 Star_folder

Star_folder

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jul 6 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding mesh masks, let's put it this way...

Are you really willing to bet your EYES that the other guy's BB won't break on your mask? The fact is, BBs shatter and break, hard or soft, Bio or not, stamped steel or not. It simply isn't a risk that I'm unwilling to take, so I will NEVER wear mesh without some form of secondary protection. Eye protection is one of the most important aspects of airsoft. Don't skimp out.

Think about it, and decide for yourself.

ahhh, this is very true. I think I will skip on the eye protection, the lower end still looks good. I'll probably get some flakjaks to use with them. I hear they're fantastic, espeically against fogging, which is a problem in the humid south.

#11 Ex Eagle

Ex Eagle

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:44 AM

Stryke Airsoft is having a special on black patrol arena stealth goggles for 25 bucks shipped.

get them while/if you can. they are 50-60$ everywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users