to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Another Reminder Regarding For Sale versus Wanted

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate
  • Interests:Fencing Instructor for 20+ years. I teach historical period fencing and modern fencing, as well as a martial art.<br /><br />I ran an indoor Airsoft Field and Store. Now just do outside games and vending.<br /><br />US Army back in the day, NG and ROTC route... <br /><br />Current real weapons: yes<br /><br />Airsoft should be treated with respect. It can be a fun and interesting sport.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am going to leave this open for a few days, and leave it down in the regular topics before pinning this up.

I've noticed (as have a few other Mods) that we've had a few people who, either intentionally or not, been putting topics in the WANTED section that basically are not WANT ads.

Rather, they are SALE ads for trade, that are very vague about what they do want, or have a list of all kinds of things they want.

Look, at this point, even if it's a trade only thread, it is still basically a SALE ad, not a WANTED ad.

A WANTED ad is for something specific: as in "Wanted: Gas Mag for a WA Uzi"

A WANTED ad is NOT for " Hey I got this WA UZI and I ONLY WANT TO trade it for a JG M4 or a CA MP5 or a BE XM8 Plastic gearbox only"

You all see the difference?

The first is clearly a WANTED ad, the second is a SALE ad that wants trades for payment instead of cash. It is still a SALE ad (and therefore, should be in the for sale section)

If you are looking to trades, you need to CLEARLY state what you are looking for. Then list what you have to trade. You CANNOT say "Hey I have this. Let me see what you have."

We made it fairly easy to get a free authorized seller account on here. It is not that difficult to get, nor to do what is needed.

Consider this fair warning. We are Watching. We see these going on. We will pull them. If you continue to do so, expect further disciplinary action, warn levels, suspension, ban... Again, we don't like going to those lengths, but there are too many people who want to go around the rules we put in place to make our BST system safer for everyone.

Thanks, and discuss... please.

Paisley Pirate, for the Mod Team

Edited by airborne101, 31 August 2010 - 09:43 PM.

-THE Paisley Pirate- <=== Read at your own peril
Need a Gun worked on? Fast Turn Around. Any Make. References.

#2 KingKrispy21

KingKrispy21
  • Interests:Airsoft, Running, fishing, Football, whatever's fun<br />

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

to be honest Paisley, I don't think this needs to be pinned. it's just common sense, people go to the wanted section and post "indirect" sale ads to bypass the whole authorized seller application and all that. it happens very occasionally, and when it does there are usually multiple people (not always moderators) who report them and/or tell them they're breaking the rules.

My suggestion? moderators should more closely moderate the WTB section so that these occasional threads aren't allowed to go on. There is a warning system in play too, am I right? repeat offenders should get a good idea of how that system works.

my .02

- KK21
-Member of team Onyx

B/S/T warning, please read:
http://www.airsoftfo...5#entry18230335
I do Gearbox work on V2/V3 gearboxes. PM for more info

#3 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate
  • Interests:Fencing Instructor for 20+ years. I teach historical period fencing and modern fencing, as well as a martial art.<br /><br />I ran an indoor Airsoft Field and Store. Now just do outside games and vending.<br /><br />US Army back in the day, NG and ROTC route... <br /><br />Current real weapons: yes<br /><br />Airsoft should be treated with respect. It can be a fun and interesting sport.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

But they've been creeping up more and more lately (and not all have been reported... no biggie, we're already on them)

We let stuff go if it's iffy... what I am asking is, make sure to use the proper form for doing this.

And I want to make clear, if you have items to trade, it's fine to say that, too.

as in, "I WANT a WA UZI mag, and I have AK parts to trade" etc.

That is fine.. but again, keep in mind that specific things are wanted in the wanted section, not wanting to get rid of stuff... that's selling (even if for trade).

Thanks for the input! (and no, I don't know if it will be pinned or not, but we may, so please stay on topic.)

#4 Guest_OpSic66_*

Guest_OpSic66_*

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have to agree with your thinking here Paisley.

People are inherently LAZY. I am becoming inherently more intolerant to their actions as well.

I think this needs to be done, PERIOD. This is nothing more then a halfassed bypass of selling. Since your looking to trade with NO predetermined point of interest OR value. To me, this is auction style listing and COMPLETELY un-acceptable.

#5 KingKrispy21

KingKrispy21

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (OpSic66 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to agree with your thinking here Paisley.

People are inherently LAZY. I am becoming inherently more intolerant to their actions as well.

I think this needs to be done, PERIOD. This is nothing more then a halfassed bypass of selling. Since your looking to trade with NO predetermined point of interest OR value. To me, this is auction style listing and COMPLETELY un-acceptable.

if you guys haven't noticed, people who post these indirect WTS ads in the WTB section are intentionally trying to bypass the authorized seller application/payment. Last I checked, it IS against the rules.

then again though, I've only seen 2-3 of them in the last few months. Like I said, when they do happen though there are multiple people who make sure the ads never stay up.

- KK21
-Member of team Onyx

#6 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:36 AM

There were actually a few more than that, most of them get caught by the mods and deleted pretty quickly.

Mostly, this discussion is about making sure that everyone is aware of the rules, and to make sure they are aware we are watching.

It's not hard to set up a free authorized seller account. It does take a few more minutes, but that's all.

As was said, people are lazy (I am too, sometimes) but if you want free, that's what you have to do.

Does anyone have any problems with what we're talking about here? Seriously, this is supposed to be a discussion. If there is some negative feedback regarding the system, we like to hear it, to see if we can make it better. Even if we don't act on a suggestion, we do listen.

#7 leejinwen

leejinwen
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

just put "no trades" in the wtb section.

#8 hydralover

hydralover
  • Interests:airsoft, cars

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Since the purpose of the section is to GET items, members should make it clear what products are being searched for. You can simply say, "Here's what I have to trade: *insert laundry list*." None of these pictures and other bull; the OP can PM those to prospective traders. It's pretty obvious when people try to get around the Authorized Seller system, so don't try.
In case you're bored or interested... My stuff and my loadout
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#9 KingKrispy21

KingKrispy21

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (leejinwen @ Jun 9 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just put "no trades" in the wtb section.

problem is, people have been posting up trade items in the WTB section for a very long time. that rule would be particularly hard to enforce I would think..

-Member of team Onyx

#10 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

Not difficult, just needs to be made aware of.

Ran into another one today...

Again, if you have something specific that you WANT, and you want to trade, by all means put it in there... but make sure that you list what you want to TRADE FOR as the subject, etc, not what you have TO TRADE.... that would make it a sale ad and therefore in the wrong section.

#11 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 11,228 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Moderators will be cracking down on Want to Buy ads that are clearly Want to Sell ads posted in the Want to Buy section in order to avoid the Authorized Seller Rules.

#12 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:30 AM

I did a search for some bst type rules and I think I ended up posting this question in the wrong place
I thought there would be a thread somewhere in bst that would state all the rules. one either doesnt exist or I havent looked hard enough/found it
QUOTE (ME @ Sep 16 2010, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno where to post this. I looked a little thought itd be best to make a thread in here but I clicked this one thinking thered be a list of rules that would answer my question quickly. but I don't see that

my question is:

I have a want to trade thread up. im getting offers but none that I feel work. I don't have an soa link or am a paid seller yet. im not a paid seller because asf is not working on the home comp yet and at this time I am away 2 hours from home and my stuff. so you can see how being two hours away from my stuff for 2 to 3 weeks at a time and asf not working at home where it all is gets in the way. I cant bring it all here because airsoft guns are illegal in the building ....even though I just looked out the window yesterday and saw a kid in full gear carrying an mp5 walking down the middle of the street

if somebody offers to buy one of the guns im putting up for trade in my wtt thread am I aloud to sell it to them without the soa link or being an authorized seller?

if this post doesnt belong here please delete it. but if youre the mod deleting it and have the answer to this could you please pm the answer to me?

thank you

seems like my question fits into this exact thread, which brings up another question
I have my wtt thread up ...and it seems like it might be similar to what ive read here. is my wtt thread acceptable?
im really looking to make a trade but im just wondering if im aloud to accept a buy offer if somebody offers to buy one of the guns I have for trade as that may also result in me aquiring one of the items I wish to trade for
im not trying to bypass the rules or anything so this is why im asking. if it violates the rules I wont do it

also. can you answer a wtb thread with offers to somebody without being an authorized seller or having an soa link?

Edited by Dusti69, 16 September 2010 - 04:58 AM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#13 steve e j

steve e j
  • Interests:Jesus, Airsoft (doh), cars (more or less), and video games.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

Ok, can I put:

Wanted:

someone to buy my nades?

lol
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.

#14 Paisley Pirate

Paisley Pirate

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

Sorry for the long delays...

Steve e j ... No. But you already know that...

Dusti, technically, yes, an SOA account should be made to sell the gun...

#15 Matthews

Matthews
  • Interests:GUNS

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Paisley Pirate @ Jun 6 2010, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We made it fairly easy to get a free authorized seller account on here. It is not that difficult to get, nor to do what is needed.

Actually I've PM'ed numerous people for a free seller account with the necessary items in my signature on other forums and completed my profile on ASF, and STILL have not recieved the ability to sell things in the BST forums.
I haven't even recieved a single response to my PM's or ANY direction as to who to contact.

Please contact me with who I need to contact, as I believe the above statement in quotes, as it pertains to me, to be completely incorrect!

#16 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 11,228 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Matthews @ Mar 15 2011, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I've PM'ed numerous people for a free seller account with the necessary items in my signature on other forums and completed my profile on ASF, and STILL have not recieved the ability to sell things in the BST forums.
I haven't even recieved a single response to my PM's or ANY direction as to who to contact.

Please contact me with who I need to contact, as I believe the above statement in quotes, as it pertains to me, to be completely incorrect!

You need to text or preferably call Admin in order to have your account upgraded to a Free Seller account. He is the ONLY person who is approving accounts. He has listed his phone number at the top of the forum.

#17 the_crow

the_crow

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hello, I just have one question, I must be authorized member to post a WTB topic?

Edited by the_crow, 23 August 2011 - 11:48 AM.

I am looking to buy some AEG'S, I am not some kind of nigerian scum, I am really looking to buy some aeg's or gbb's.
I know its hard to trust me, but if you don't have a problem to send international , I would really want to buy some stuff from you.
I am from Athens, Greece. I only use paypal.

I prefer chinese clones (yeah that's right), Prefer JG (Jing Gong)
except the G3 SBS.
I want them in a working condition.
Anyone want to sell u can send me a p.m.

I am currently looking for :

-G3A3 OR G3A4
-Mc51 (retractable or without stock)
-G3 sas (retractable or without stock)
-G3 sbs
-MP5 sd6

Thank you for your time, I am looking forward to have some response!

#18 dmoose

dmoose

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

is there a way you can edit your original post? I want to add to my list but can't figure out how too.
thanks.
and if this is the wrong section to ask I'm sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users