to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

G&G G96 to hpa conversion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 woody6

woody6
  • Interests:Volleyball, My GF, School

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

I have read countless threads about converting my rifle to hpa. I know that I want it and am willing to spend the money on it, I am just confused in some areas. I want to use the palmers regs, I just don't understand if they have a gauge on them that tells me what psi I am putting into my mag? I also don't understand which tubing to use. I don't know which QD fitting to use, which psi gauge I need if I need one and what tank to get. I have a ton of questions, I know, Hope somebody can help me out.

If someone would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate a complete parts list including what tank I should get, the kind of tubing or hose, a QD shut of valve, and all of that stuff from a single website, or even if there are premade kits out there.

#2 vulrath

vulrath

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

First, I'd suggest a 1/8NPT fitting. I have it, it works (and it's what was suggested by Brainplay in his guide).

Second, what reg exactly are you looking at? A link would be helpful. Just going by "Palmer's regs" isn't exactly going to help with specifics, much as I hate to have to say that.

Third, what kind of rig are you looking to build? Do you plan on mounting the tank to the gun, or putting it in a pouch on your vest/backpack/etc.? These questions will help determine what you need as far as tanks go.

Your list has already been compiled in Brainplay's CO2 rig guide. The principles are the same for building an HPA rig. The only difference is that you need a regulator that can handle HPA.

Edited by vulrath, 26 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

#3 wolfgeorge

wolfgeorge
  • Interests:Airsoft, cars,PC games, PS3 games

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (woody6 @ Aug 26 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read countless threads about converting my rifle to hpa. I know that I want it and am willing to spend the money on it, I am just confused in some areas. I want to use the palmers regs, I just don't understand if they have a gauge on them that tells me what psi I am putting into my mag? I also don't understand which tubing to use. I don't know which QD fitting to use, which psi gauge I need if I need one and what tank to get. I have a ton of questions, I know, Hope somebody can help me out.

If someone would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate a complete parts list including what tank I should get, the kind of tubing or hose, a QD shut of valve, and all of that stuff from a single website, or even if there are premade kits out there.

I have a question for you.... Why do you post a thead to place devoted to Tanaka and Tanaka clones like KJW?

Asahi WA2000 DX & Asahi M40 owner

WTB Tanaka SAA Casyopea

#4 Aznspartan

Aznspartan
  • Interests:Airsoft/Cars
  • SOA Name: Aznspartan

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (wolfgeorge @ Sep 5 2010, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question for you.... Why do you post a thead to place devoted to Tanaka and Tanaka clones like KJW?

Eh, no need to get all anal about it. There obviously isn't a thread devoted to G&G G96 but since its a gas rifle, Tanaka section is pretty much the closest thing for him to post in. This place is for helping, so lets help him.
Current Arsenal: Magpul PTS Masada - G&G UMG - Maruzen APS-2
Wishlist: KWA HK45 - KWA Kriss Super V - VFC APO AWS338 LM - KWA 1911A1 NS2 - VFC HK416D - Ares M40A5

The Graveyard
Tokyo Marui MP7
WE G17
WE M14 EBR
Tanaka M24 SWS PCS
KWA Mark II
KWA M93R NS2
WA M1911A1 US Military SCW1
Echo 1 Task Force Black Mod5SD6
G&G Combat Machine M-16 Carbine
G&G UMG
Socom Gear M9 SOF
UTG M14
KJW M9

"Only the dead see the end of war" - Plato

#5 phantomwarrior

phantomwarrior

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

I agree with them and make sure to read Brainplay's guide.

Just for future reference, the G&G G96 is a Tanaka. G&G made so many parts that they just released they're own complete tanaka "clone". It uses they're reinforce parts and a powerbolt.

#6 wolfgeorge

wolfgeorge
  • Interests:Airsoft, cars,PC games, PS3 games

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (phantomwarrior @ Sep 6 2010, 04:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with them and make sure to read Brainplay's guide.

Just for future reference, the G&G G96 is a Tanaka. G&G made so many parts that they just released they're own complete tanaka "clone". It uses they're reinforce parts and a powerbolt.

The power bolt doesn't fit to G96!! That's why says on the box for Tanaka M700! Not L96 or G96.

Asahi WA2000 DX & Asahi M40 owner

WTB Tanaka SAA Casyopea

#7 foppo

foppo
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mac, Music, PS3

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (wolfgeorge @ Sep 6 2010, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The power bolt doesn't fit to G96!! That's why says on the box for Tanaka M700! Not L96 or G96.

Well that sounds interesting! Because on all the pictures I have seen from the G&G G96 Bolt it really just looks like the G&G Powerbolt that would fit into any Tanaka model (M700, M40A1, M24)

The E.B.E. - East Belgium Elite
www.eastbelgiumelite.eu

#8 phantomwarrior

phantomwarrior

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (wolfgeorge @ Sep 6 2010, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which would include the M700 AICS (m700 body in an AICS stock) which looks like an l96.

http://tnairsoft.com...hp?f=11&t=17958

http://www.airsoftre...ic=93597.0;wap2 (g96 mags fit w/ mods)

#9 bnoji

bnoji

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

G96 is similar to the Tanaka/KJW but it's not a clone.

Mags are not interchangeable, hopup housing is not the same. I was able to use the G96 bolt in a KJW though.

#10 DemoN102

DemoN102

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

parts-

-good regulator (starting $40) I got one for $20 shipped, mini type and it work good, not to good on the fine pressure
-guage/s (0-150psi) u don't want to go more than 150psi on the mag or even more unless you upgrade the mag (Tanaka mags) but it still isn't safe
-something to connect the rig to mag (I used macro line when I had the rig on gun, now paintball remote)
-fittings (depending on the reg,remote, etc)
-tank (CO2/HPA) both will work but if you plan to carry the tank on you not the gun HPA is 100$ better, better grouping consistency
-alot of teflon tape, no joke teflon tape is the key in the entire rig a-laugh.gif

that would be it for the parts list, you'll need some parts/tools to put it together somehow. I got most of my stuff on eBay and some other websites had it on the gun first w/ the 12g co2 but decided to go HPA a-wink.gif
its good to put few guages on the rig, I have one on the HPA tank, one before the regulator and one after the regulator, if I'm not wrong all HPA/CO2 tanks have there regulators set to 850PSI so that what the guage should show unless you run out of air/gas.

120PSI should equal to about +/- 600FPS w/ .2g bb depends on the gun ,etc

hope it helps, I'm not a pro in this but if you through it once you'll get better and better, any questions fell free to PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users