to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

What do you think about this forum category?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about this forum category? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Keep this forum or get rid of it?

1. Keep it (50 votes [92.59%])

Percentage of vote: 92.59%

2. get rid of it (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

What do you think about having a category to buy and sell non-airsoft items?

od712m_tn.jpg

Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#2 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

I think it will work out great. I mean sometimes you see people selling their ipods and asking for mac products......so its a brilliant idea! Just one question though, Will you still have to be an authorized seller to sell here and in the classic guns for sale and trades section???? thanks

Edited by AKAKman, 28 August 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#3 psychobunny

psychobunny

That guy. You know. The one with the face.

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

This is actually pretty cool. Would definitely clear up some of the airsoft sale threads

My Youtube Channel
^For awesome builds and tech videos!

http://www.airsoftfo...al-t225374.html
^ For the absolute best in accuracy in your AEG.

#4 admin

admin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

good question. no - anyone can sell non - airsoft items in here. If people start posting airsoft related items in here thinking we will just move them into the correct forums without being an authorized seller... then at that point, I think we will have to start just deleting topics that don't following the rules.

Years ago, we talked about having a forum like this where you could buy and sell anything but it was decided against (mainly by me) because this is "airsoft website" and I didn't want to hurt us in terms of bringing non-targeted traffic here from search engines. But due to how large we are currently, I don't think adding an OT FS forum is goig to hurt anything. Let's see what the majority of ASF members think though.

od712m_tn.jpg

#5 carbonfibreguy

carbonfibreguy
  • Interests:Learning, technology, cars, airsoft, girls.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Keep it, and have the same rules apply such as the auth. seller.

^^^Props to KOPER for the awesome sig^^^
QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Jan 16 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best way I can describe it is you're a single core processor trying to pretend to be a dual core via hyper-threading.
Ask Carbon thread~

#6 admin

admin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (carbonfibreguy @ Aug 28 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep it, and have the same rules apply such as the auth. seller.

Ya think? how come?

well at least for now - maybe over the next year or so we could turn it off except for authorized sellers, but for now, let's see what happens if anyone can post new topics in here

od712m_tn.jpg

#7 carbonfibreguy

carbonfibreguy
  • Interests:Learning, technology, cars, airsoft, girls.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (admin @ Aug 28 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya think? how come?

Lol.

QUOTE (admin @ Aug 28 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well at least for now - maybe over the next year or so we could turn it off except for authorized sellers, but for now, let's see what happens if anyone can post new topics in here

I would post, but I don't have a camera or pics. =[

What about retailers? Would they be able to post or just members that aren't ones?

^^^Props to KOPER for the awesome sig^^^
QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Jan 16 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best way I can describe it is you're a single core processor trying to pretend to be a dual core via hyper-threading.
Ask Carbon thread~

#8 admin

admin

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

well right now, I'm pretty much thinking to allow basically anything by anyone as long as its legal, pg-13 and non-airsoft related. I think it will be interesting to see what happens in here.

Granted this is an AIRSOFT FORUM, so I am assuming that people are interested in airsoft related items, but like everyone else, airsoft people have other interests. This forum is a place to market those other items.

od712m_tn.jpg

#9 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

I think that you should keep it free here because this is an "airsoft forum" not a "sell other things not related to airsoft forum". I mean not everybody will have stuff to sell here and they might be discouraged to post anything because they would have to pay a $2.95 fee for every FS thread. You should play it by ear starting it out free and then seeing how popular it becomes and change something if it becomes hugely popular......just my opinion........Thanks admin for all the great tweaks&improvements you have done to this forum to make it an extremely popular forum for the airsoft community.

#10 airsofthawaii

airsofthawaii
  • Interests:I am interested in many things. I enjoy playing, and having airsoft games with friends, taking appart my guns and upgradeing them on my spare time, and I enjoy being outside. I also like collecting things and trying to make my collection better with hard to find items.<br /><br />I am part of the ASF Staff here, So if you need anything at all, Message me here, or shoot me an Email via the Left. &lt;- <br /><br />If I don't get back to you, PM me again. ^_^<br /><br />Thanks

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

I still think, maybe later, people have to sign up for Authorized seller.

Reason? Im expecting after this subforum gains momentum people will start to post useless junk and therefore will become extremely cluttered. We will see though, I hope this becomes a major success. I love the idea so far though.
My Youtube channel

I Repair, And have Almost any TM based AEP system part. If you need any parts,
PM me and I may be able to help you out. I Specialize in Rewireing AEPs, and G18C based pistols.

#11 Linglingjr

Linglingjr
  • Interests:track, cross country, distance running, airsoft, gaming(PSN:linglingjr), eating food
  • SOA Name: linglingjr

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

I like the idea, would you just have to be an Authorized seller to sell stuff ( no linking to SOA? or any other site?)
you should keep it. selling stuff on here helps asf versus putting it up for sale on ebay.
QUOTE (Deadlyapollo @ Jan 11 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Add a mock suppressor and it sounds like a potato hitting a small child without the screams of pain, just the thud.
QUOTE (_possible__sniper_)
I have a l96 sniper upgraded with a 4x32 scope which has like 600-650 fps
IF YA WANNA JUST VEIW ITS FINE BY ME BUT ID LIKE SOME REPLIES THANK YA
QUOTE (spectrum421)
guys setle down, this is a chat room not a bar.

#12 Miah

Miah

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

I think it's a nice idea, but I'd probably go ahead & make the same rules apply as the normal AS sales because it won't be long before you get folk trying weasel around the Authorize Seller signup by posting stuff there. Because that free SOA listing thing is just toooo hard! *sarcasm*

case in point, we already had 2 folk post their AEGs in classics & 1 posting to trade a JG rebrand AEG w/ upgrades for an upgraded non-china Classic rifle(no offense AKAKman, but it is crazy wishful thinking).

Maybe I'm just cynical, let's see how my lack of faith in people pans out.

#13 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

keep
if I ever get around to selling it will allow me to have a whole lot more stuff to offer for sale or trade
are there any limits though? like would it be within the rules to sell knives or swords?

Edited by Dusti69, 08 September 2010 - 11:57 PM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#14 campingtomz

campingtomz
  • Interests:hello I am a computer engineering major at pennstate university. currently trying to form a airsoft club with the school. <br />I am interested in computers video games most electronic things.<br /><br />I enjoy working on airsoft guns. I have built 8 from the ground up. and fixed many others. <br />just finished fixing 12 king arm m203 grenades. <br />im a friendly guy just drop me a pm
  • SOA Name: campingtomz

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

well I think there should be some restrictions on what can still be sold/ bought here. things like software keys, or offering to pay someone to do a service for you (get your mind out of the gutter). like a web site survey etc. it should be kept to products like electronics, cars, or things along that line. else its like Craig's list lol
also real steal fire arms or real weapons possible be kept out? don't want a 12 year old kid buying a katana and cutting him self....or do we....humm thinning out the pack if you would....wait yeah bad idea
just my 2 cents

Edited by campingtomz, 20 September 2010 - 10:26 PM.

I shall call him HERP DE DERP

The most fun you can have with Shenanigans

[airborne101] 8:52 pm: 2 strong Jack and cocks and AB101s feelin gooooooodddddd
[campingtomz] 8:52 pm: umm cocks airborn?
[airborne101] 8:53 pm: ???   
 [airborne101] 8:53 pm: ....oh #$%^&*
[campingtomz] 8:53 pm: im dieing lol
[airborne101] 8:54 pm: I typed cock, not coke

I got starfolder to beg, a wonderful day
[1:33:51 PM] starfolder : PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users