to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Storing gas or BB's in your magazine?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 celbii

celbii
  • Interests:Airsoft
  • SOA Name: celbii

• My Temperament:nice

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hello all fellow fourmites,
I recently purchased a GBB and I am curious if it is bad to leave a small amount of gas in the clip when you are not using it (IE what is left after shooting a full clip)

also is it bad to leave them full of bb's, will it mess up the mag spring or is it stronger than that

thank you good sirs and madams.

#2 chrisnupp

chrisnupp
  • Interests:DJ-ing, Airsoft, Army, Guitars, Cars, Medicine, Music.
  • SOA Name: Christopher Nupp

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

I never leave any excess gas in my pistol mags, I was told that it is not good for the container that holds the gas, it is designed to hold a pressurised material for certain amounts of time, not for days on end, so I always remove excess gas, it may seem like a waste, but its better safe than sorry.

as for keeping BBs in the mag, I from messing with pens in school, etc. springs, when compressed for a time can become used to the position and become shorter, so unless you want to take the spring out and restretch it, it will weaken every time you do that.

My rule is have nothing in the mag, no gas, no BBs while not in-game. or preparing for a game that will start in about 10-15 minutes, that way its cant accidently go off, and break something in the house. Its just something I learned in gun safety for JROTS Rifle team.

#3 xlizer

xlizer
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Mechanical Buliding/Repair<br />Welding<br />Music<br />People

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

I always leave my mags full of gas. Pressure on the seals keeps them from drying out and cracking. In my own experience, I find that mags that I leave pressurized almost never develop leaks, while mags that I leave empty tend to develop leaks more often.

Always empty your mags of BBs when you don't need them full.
Looking for Airsoft in the Albany, NY area? Look no further.

(sorry external links are not allowed in member signatures) - admin

~~Xlizer

#4 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

I know some companies send their mags out with a little green gas to keep the seals lubed with silicone. I don't think its a problem to leave them filled though. I've had 1911 mags warp from too much gas, but thats a different issue. The 1911 is a very thin magazine comparatively.
jotohomomoto

#5 Riflewizard

Riflewizard

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

You should be fine leaving them loaded. For long-term storage, keep a small amount of gas in the mags, for example by filling the mag with the can not upside down, so only pressurized gas will go in the mag, not liquid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users