to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Do you like the colored topic titles? yes / no

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the colored topic titles? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the colored topic titles?

1. yes (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. no (14 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote

#1 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

recently I made an adjustment in the forum software to allow certain member groups to be able to color and bold their topic titles. We have 9 different forum skins / templates so not all colors work on every skin. Please vote to let me know if this colored text modification is something I should continue to allow or not.

Do you like the colored topic titles? yes / no

od712m_tn.jpg

Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

Click Here to Help us Buy It

#2 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

personally its harder to see the darker colors.....I mean I am fine with the bright colors like yellow or orange but red and blue are really dark and too hard to see.......I am very old-fashioned sometimes and this is no exception.

#3 admin

admin

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

what if we were to make it so that members had to choose from a select set of colors instead of being able to set what ever color they wanted? would that be ok?

od712m_tn.jpg

#4 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

yeah that would be great.....its just hard to see the darker colors maybe bright orange, yellow, bright red, pink, maybe even a light blue, light green, you get the idea....something easy to see...thats the only reason I voted that I didn't like the color thing.....thanks so much for all your efforts admin!

#5 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,661 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

I agree, a select set of colors would be the best option, but to be honest, I skip over the color topics. I am much more likely to open a topic if it is in the original format.

#6 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

^Agreed. I think this color thing is stupid.

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#7 AKAKman

AKAKman

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

yeah.....it kinda shows how impatient the seller is to sell their stuff instead of just waiting......sounds like what I would do....haha

#8 campingtomz

campingtomz
  • Interests:hello I am a computer engineering major at pennstate university. currently trying to form a airsoft club with the school. <br />I am interested in computers video games most electronic things.<br /><br />I enjoy working on airsoft guns. I have built 8 from the ground up. and fixed many others. <br />just finished fixing 12 king arm m203 grenades. <br />im a friendly guy just drop me a pm
  • SOA Name: campingtomz

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

please no color topics... it makes me want skittles.
honestly I find it annoying and to be honest find it a useless add on and as said before I usually don't bother to look at the colored topics. its on par with the ppl that have the "super sale" or something like that topics
I shall call him HERP DE DERP

The most fun you can have with Shenanigans

[airborne101] 8:52 pm: 2 strong Jack and cocks and AB101s feelin gooooooodddddd
[campingtomz] 8:52 pm: umm cocks airborn?
[airborne101] 8:53 pm: ???   
 [airborne101] 8:53 pm: ....oh #$%^&*
[campingtomz] 8:53 pm: im dieing lol
[airborne101] 8:54 pm: I typed cock, not coke

I got starfolder to beg, a wonderful day
[1:33:51 PM] starfolder : PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!

#9 Robogenisis

Robogenisis
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

I don't like the colors. It's just an annoying eyesore.

#10 AKAKman

AKAKman

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

yeah I think thats what most of you are all saying......admin will probably change it if we get some more votes....

#11 admin

admin

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

88% of the 9 votes are saying to turn the colored topics off. I will let this topic run a little while longer to see what more votes say... more than likely I will see what I can do to make it just maybe 2 or 3 multiple choice colors and bold or else just get rid of it all together - but lets see what happens in a few days.

od712m_tn.jpg

#12 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

I hate to give it a no vote. I mean its cool to have the bold titles and colors but some of the colors just make the thread title really hard to read, and when its sale threads in fairness to every seller I don't think that anybodies sale thread should be made to look better than anyone elses

I think if the colors are kept they should be coded to what group the member falls under. like if one color is for immigrants then maybe thatd tell people that theyre not yet established here or trustworthy enough. sounds kinda unfair ...but fair at the same time. I mean like no offense to the person but im going to trust a seller like reaper1 over some new guy with like ten posts
asf sponsers like ehobby could get their own special color nobody else can
members could all get one color. then get a new color once they reach like 1k posts to show they are established
elite could get their own color and then get a special color once they reach 1 or 2k post count to show their dedicated establishment and a higher trustworthyness
mods could have their own nobody else can get and then a dif once they reach level 2. and then admin would have the only color nobody else on the entire forum could get

colors are cool. if were gonna have them then make them more useful and meaningful to have other than hey look at my thread that you cant read the title of

Edited by Dusti69, 08 September 2010 - 04:50 PM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#13 Private Parts

Private Parts
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Gaming, Girls, and Airsoft.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

I can deal with the bold, but it's a no for me on different colors.

PP
SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

#14 Rotarygod

Rotarygod
  • Interests:Airsoft lol, cars, 4x4's, bmx, skateboarding, parkour, real steel, metal fabrication,drifting ,RC cars, warhammer 40k, battletech, rpg's, anime, zombies

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

I find it hard to read now. The light green on the dark showed up remarkably well. I say if it aint broke don't fix it, IE Please put it back the way it was.

Vote cast.

#15 AKAKman

AKAKman

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

just as I thought..........

#16 admin

admin

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

ok well 70% of the votes say turn the colored topic titles off so there you have it.... I have just turned that off... I am going to leave the ability for sellers to bold their titles and we can see what that looks like

od712m_tn.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users