to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

airsoft vehicles

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 m99 sniper

m99 sniper
  • Interests:airsoft,ford,airplanes,and talking

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

im just curios. if theres already thread of this please tell me a-grin.gif
Middle Tennessee players P.M. if you are interested in creating a Devtsix team!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#2 Jamesairsoft

Jamesairsoft
  • Interests:I love airsoft, building sweet stuff, and having a good time with friends.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (m99 sniper @ Jan 12 2011, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im just curios. if theres already thread of this please tell me a-grin.gif

We used to use go carts. And my friend made a tank out of a lawn mower he built.

#3 Blackpig

Blackpig
  • Interests:Computer, airsoft, and school.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

I remember during an OP, we had one of those Yamaha Rhinos to carry stuff from point A to point B and our goal was to stop it. Pretty fun building road blocks and such but when all our '203s went down, not too much fun and the owners of the field were getting pissed because the driver was going off-road. Keep in mind this is on an mountain, so the road is the only flat piece and everywhere else if covered in trees.

#4 ServedConsistently

ServedConsistently

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

I know there have been many cases of thank like things being used for paintball scenarios. You will probably get more useful search results for paintball tank.
I have heard of cases where 'mechas' where used. Essentially its a guy in a suit of armor who has very specific engagement rules and can only be killed by specific launchers. Certainly gets the imagination going. a-wink.gif
Anything that doesn't kill me...Has made a grave tactical error.

#5 Wert

Wert
  • Interests:Airsoft, photoshop.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

In SoCal at Jericho Lake Elsinore they have tons of retired military vehicles we use, good fun. It can be dangerous if you don't have experienced users or even "refs" operating the vehicles.

-Wert
-Made by me
QUOTE (Kavurcen @ Jun 6 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep it PG-13, Wert is watching.

-Wert

#6 LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG
  • Interests:I'm big Steve, or Lone. I got interested in Airsoft due partly to my former college roommate, and partly due to my cousin, who brought 5 of his guns with him on a trip up north with me. <br /><br />My family has a history of service in the armed forces. My father and two of my uncles served in the army in the 80's, my grandfather was in the Army reserve just after the junk in Korea, and my great grandfather was a rifleman in World War II. I also have a good friend who served for 20 years in the Army, was deployed in operation Desert Storm, and generally saw many good and bad things. I've got a friend in the Minnesota national Guard, another who is ex-Army, and one who is an MP.<br /><br />I am told I have a fighting spirit, even if one look at me might not let you see it. I am interested in all things military, and so Airsoft was only a logical step for me. Aside from that, if things in school don't go well ( I mean severely), I am thinking of joining the Army myself.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

How about just a couple of 4x4's? Anyone ever had to deal with a pickup spewing machine gun fire or something?
RED ALLIANCE FORUM - RUSSIAN/SOVIET/EASTERN-BLOC AIRSOFT, MILITARIA & REENACTMENT FORUM

Ivan Chesnokov
QUOTE (Ivan Chesnokov)
YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE.

CYMA CM048M AKM. Echo1/JG M4. Y&P HK Mk23.

#7 Jamesairsoft

Jamesairsoft
  • Interests:I love airsoft, building sweet stuff, and having a good time with friends.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (LoneSniperSG @ Jan 12 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about just a couple of 4x4's? Anyone ever had to deal with a pickup spewing machine gun fire or something?

Oooooh yeah.

#8 EchoRecon3

EchoRecon3
  • Interests:Airsoft, anime, manga, golf, various types of video games, and occasionally writing and drawing.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

In combat? No, it'll be cool but trucks might have a hard time calling their hits after a bunch of shower grenades bounce off them xD
But for transportation or a big part of a scenario? Multiple times at Wert's mentioned Jericho:Lake Elsinore, crowded days are sometimes a pain, but having them in larger scenarios are super fun.

#9 Wert

Wert

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

I've had to deal with an APC with machine gun fire coming from the roof of it, twas a bust. Like I said, if your planning on playing with vehicles be very very careful. Always use roads or paths where you can see whats going on around you and don't go fast, hitting somebody would be terrible.

-Wert
-Made by me

-Wert

#10 m99 sniper

m99 sniper

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

there was a rumor at my school saying that someone was gonna have a fight with 4 wheelers but it wasn't true a-embarassed.gif

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#11 Wert

Wert

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

While that is extremely epic and dangerous lets try to keep it on topic. a-laugh.gif. What I would want to see his helicopters in game, I know they have been used but I have yet to experience it.

-Wert
-Made by me

-Wert

#12 LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG
  • Interests:I'm big Steve, or Lone. I got interested in Airsoft due partly to my former college roommate, and partly due to my cousin, who brought 5 of his guns with him on a trip up north with me. <br /><br />My family has a history of service in the armed forces. My father and two of my uncles served in the army in the 80's, my grandfather was in the Army reserve just after the junk in Korea, and my great grandfather was a rifleman in World War II. I also have a good friend who served for 20 years in the Army, was deployed in operation Desert Storm, and generally saw many good and bad things. I've got a friend in the Minnesota national Guard, another who is ex-Army, and one who is an MP.<br /><br />I am told I have a fighting spirit, even if one look at me might not let you see it. I am interested in all things military, and so Airsoft was only a logical step for me. Aside from that, if things in school don't go well ( I mean severely), I am thinking of joining the Army myself.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Wert @ Jan 12 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While that is extremely epic and dangerous lets try to keep it on topic. a-laugh.gif. What I would want to see his helicopters in game, I know they have been used but I have yet to experience it.

-Wert

I've heard of that place. Imagine shooting from it.

Rental fees must kill though. Heli fuel can't be cheap.
RED ALLIANCE FORUM - RUSSIAN/SOVIET/EASTERN-BLOC AIRSOFT, MILITARIA & REENACTMENT FORUM

Ivan Chesnokov
QUOTE (Ivan Chesnokov)
YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE.

#13 EchoRecon3

EchoRecon3
  • Interests:Airsoft, anime, manga, golf, various types of video games, and occasionally writing and drawing.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (LoneSniperSG @ Jan 12 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard of that place. Imagine shooting from it.

Rental fees must kill though. Heli fuel can't be cheap.

I remember a thread from Airsoft Pacific (they were discussing an OP that involved a helicopter) where someone said shooting plastic BB's out of a helo is near impossible in terms of accuracy because of the air around the vehicle is constantly moving even in a suspended state midair or when on the ground while the propellers are still moving, or something like that >_>

And yes, the rental wasn't cheap at all.

#14 m99 sniper

m99 sniper

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

ballahack airsoft made a video where they rented 2 heli's at one game its on youtube. when I grow up it would be cool if I had a helicopter that had two echo 1 mini guns, airsoft at4's, and grenade luanchers. a-grin.gif

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#15 m99 sniper

m99 sniper

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

any other good storys about airsoft vehicles

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#16 n1kefast

n1kefast
  • Interests:girls, football, paintball, airsoft, COD, CS, snowboarding, cannabis, and anything outdoors worth doing.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

you could just use a smart car with the back cut off like a pick up truck, provides way more protection then any 4 wheeler will lol

#17 Wert

Wert

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

Please don't double post m99 sniper.

-Wert
-Made by me

-Wert

#18 EliteKnGx

EliteKnGx
  • Interests:Airsoft, cars, and weight training.
  • SOA Name: ElitexKnG

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Been to ops where hummers where used with m240 bravo's driving around firing blanks. =]
and this :

geo tracker with echo1 minigun on top
www.blackopsairsoft.net

#19 LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Lol. A Geo.

I remember seeing a picture somewhere of someone driving a maroon 4-door Chevy Blazer (totally stock, no off-road enhancements) through a forest. All passengers had airsoft guns, and the back was wide open to allow the riders a quick hop off.

Seriously. I think if you were to have a dedicated Airsoft vehicle, your best bet would be one of these old knockers. They're dirt-cheap, plentiful, and nothing high-tech or modernized with them. Someone with basic car knowledge could keep one running fairly well.

http://image.automot...rner_Parked.jpg

US Army CUCV M1008. These were the light all-purpose 4x4's used up until not long ago. They were all over the place before, now they remain to do the grunt work so that humvee's aren't pulled away from where they are needed most.

I've wanted one just for the heck of it. They're diesel engines with no damned fuel injection or computer-regulated crap under the hood. This makes for very easy upkeep. If I ever got one, I would be more than willing to use it at an airsoft game if allowed. Parts are plentiful and cheap, too.

Typically they come straight off the base, so to speak, and the only thing the military keeps are the heavy duty wheels and tires, but civilian market replacements for those are easy to find. Good wheels and set of Goodyear Wranglers ought to keep an old M1008 rolling through most terrain.

I'm not saying buy any pickup and take it out into an airsoft game. I would never take my Blazer into an airsoft field. Doing that would seriously wreck any typical vehicle that hasn't been outfitted with off-road equipment.

Edited by LoneSniperSG, 14 January 2011 - 10:39 PM.

Ivan Chesnokov
QUOTE (Ivan Chesnokov)

#20 forrest225

forrest225

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

My friends and I used a golf cart once. It was pretty comical because the cart has a tony the tiger paint job on it.

Nobody had launchers, so we just said that if the driver got hit it was dead, or if the gunner got hit they had to respawn. Worked out well, because the cart provides lost of protection from the front, but hardly none from the side.

It was good flanking practice.

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX @ Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^most people you know is stupid...

#21 Stealthmaster14

Stealthmaster14
  • Interests:airsoft, basketball, video games, guitar, tennis

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

That sounds awesome, I've always wanted to do something like that.

Custom JG G36K-Madbull 6.03mm 363mm tightbore, Falcon 70 degree bucking, Deans, Guarder spring guide, Guarder SP110, Element POM bearing piston head, #14 O ring, longer air nozzle, SRC type 0 cylinder, dream army 7mm bushings, AOE adjusted
Youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/Stealthmaster15?feature=mhum

Airsoft is pretend war, but for big boys

#22 ECRRRainman

ECRRRainman
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real Steel shooting, PC gaming

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

Our team has used vehicles in the past and now use them regularly.

Willie Pete laying down some cover fire

Convoy ambush

Flash and his band in transit

"What? no no no, its fertilizer, for my farm, NOT bomb making!"

Technically a "vehicle", right?

Always make sure safety is first when you choose to use vehicles in airsoft though

#23 Vegas

Vegas

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

Should probably go into the Pictures forums, but dang that M2 on that truck is sexy.

#24 Romeo_Delta

Romeo_Delta
  • SOA Name: Romeo_Delta

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 18 2011, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should probably go into the Pictures forums, but dang that M2 on that truck is sexy.

They're relevant to this thread.

Nice pictures Rainman. What was the deal with the canoe? Were people allowed to shoot at you? Or were you off limits?

Edited by Romeo_Delta, 18 January 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#25 DH 413

DH 413

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

I've only been to a handful of events where vehicles were used. One being based off Black Hawk Down, the other being a Military "checkpoint" type of game. Both went very well with no injuries (granted the people driving were staff of each field). My old team almost set up a LE game, which we practiced 'deploying' from vehicles. Mainly mine because at the time I was driving a P71 Crown Vic with red and white strobes in the back, and flashers in the headlights/tail lights. The game ended up falling through since there weren't enough people interested.

(Note; at the time I was EMT-B and it was 100% legal for me to own those items on my personal vehicle. We were also practicing on private property far away from any prying eyes)

#26 m99 sniper

m99 sniper

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

ecrrrainman does that 50. cal really work or is it for looks

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#27 shlunka

shlunka
  • Interests:Philosophy, airsoft, anything mechanical, complicated things, guitar.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (LoneSniperSG @ Jan 14 2011, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. A Geo.

I remember seeing a picture somewhere of someone driving a maroon 4-door Chevy Blazer (totally stock, no off-road enhancements) through a forest. All passengers had airsoft guns, and the back was wide open to allow the riders a quick hop off.

Seriously. I think if you were to have a dedicated Airsoft vehicle, your best bet would be one of these old knockers. They're dirt-cheap, plentiful, and nothing high-tech or modernized with them. Someone with basic car knowledge could keep one running fairly well.

http://image.automot...rner_Parked.jpg

US Army CUCV M1008. These were the light all-purpose 4x4's used up until not long ago. They were all over the place before, now they remain to do the grunt work so that humvee's aren't pulled away from where they are needed most.

I've wanted one just for the heck of it. They're diesel engines with no damned fuel injection or computer-regulated crap under the hood. This makes for very easy upkeep. If I ever got one, I would be more than willing to use it at an airsoft game if allowed. Parts are plentiful and cheap, too.

Typically they come straight off the base, so to speak, and the only thing the military keeps are the heavy duty wheels and tires, but civilian market replacements for those are easy to find. Good wheels and set of Goodyear Wranglers ought to keep an old M1008 rolling through most terrain.

I'm not saying buy any pickup and take it out into an airsoft game. I would never take my Blazer into an airsoft field. Doing that would seriously wreck any typical vehicle that hasn't been outfitted with off-road equipment.

You could just buy a small pick-up truck with an eight foot bed and simply make a wooden box on the back for protection. You don't need a vehicle outfitted with off-road equipment. Unless you are going through deep mud or snow, you don't need any modifications to the vehicle. I wouldn't get a truck that big, a quarter ton tends to do much better in the woods, when we cut down trees for firewood it's always the big, raised up, 30inch wheel, 3/4 ton redneck truck that gets hung up or unable to move because of trees. Even a large go-kart would work well.
Click HERE to join the ASF Chatroom!

#28 LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (shlunka @ Jan 18 2011, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could just buy a small pick-up truck with an eight foot bed and simply make a wooden box on the back for protection. You don't need a vehicle outfitted with off-road equipment. Unless you are going through deep mud or snow, you don't need any modifications to the vehicle. I wouldn't get a truck that big, a quarter ton tends to do much better in the woods, when we cut down trees for firewood it's always the big, raised up, 30inch wheel, 3/4 ton redneck truck that gets hung up or unable to move because of trees. Even a large go-kart would work well.

Knowing what I know about vehicles, I personally would only drive through the woods in a truck older than 1990. For example, the frame, axles and suspension of the old Chevy C/K10, C/K20, C/K30 and full-size Blazer styles are dang-near indestructible. They're perfectly suited to running around an airsoft field.

I'd agree completely with you, shlunka, if airsofting with a vehicle didn't totally beat the hell out of it.

And I really gotta ask.. where the crap do you get a Browning M2 in airsoft?

Edited by LoneSniperSG, 20 January 2011 - 12:25 AM.

Ivan Chesnokov
QUOTE (Ivan Chesnokov)

#29 Tkot

Tkot
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Airsoft, Reading, Creative Writing, Foreign Languages.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

We've done ops where we used a Ford Escape as an armored vehicle. Pretty awesome, except it was kind of one-sided, since the other team had no way of destroying it. Oh well, still fun.
DFTBA

#30 ozoneairsoft

ozoneairsoft

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (m99 sniper @ Jan 13 2011, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ballahack airsoft made a video where they rented 2 heli's at one game its on youtube. when I grow up it would be cool if I had a helicopter that had two echo 1 mini guns, airsoft at4's, and grenade luanchers. a-grin.gif

Me and a group of locals had a airsoft event. We had three technicals and a go-kart, we also had a UTV but it broke before the game started.
Airsoft vehicles bring out the fun the MILSIM events! a-cheesy.gif

#31 BigEd

BigEd

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Vehicle food for thought the legal aspect...

The only issues with vehicles is safety. Insurance companies see them as a liability.

Usually a rep will write up the safety precautions before allowing them...

Operator must 18+ and have valid driver's license, and be qualified to operate the vehicle safely. This includes safety equipment, procedure and operations. Know the boundries of the AO (Area Operations).
Onboard equipment: Fire extinguisher, 1st Aid kit, Communications equipment, Map and or GPS.
Set a maximum speed limit. If possible a throttle governor to prevent the vehicle from going too fast.
The exhaust system must be intact and interior must be properly vented.
Strobe light on top of vehicle. This indicates whether or not the vehicle is in play or not.
Horn and or siren. Horn to signal anyone around the vehicle it is about to move. Siren for emergencies.
Warning Signs on vehicle: Not a Step, Do not Stand here, Do not crawl under, Do not climb onto, Hot surface area.
Extra viewing capabilities. People love to use a vehicle as cover, if the vehicle moves you can crush someone. (We had a APC tank at one event and it had several onboard cameras for front, side and underneath viewing.) Baby monitors work great for this application.
Extra Rules: Do not drive into smoke or screened areas, Do not ride ON a vehicle in motion, Seatbelts for driver passenger RTO, Occupants in flatbeds cannot stand while vehicle is in motion.

Insurance provider who protects the land owner from personal injury lawsuits will have the final say in vehicle use.

You have to be very careful when adding vehicles to events. You must hold a safety meeting, and record it, so anyone involved with the vehicles operation fully understands the consequences of safety.

1. Minors at events.
2. Passenger falls off/out of the vehicle.
3. Driving thru a smoke cloud and hitting someone.
4. Someone hiding near the vehicle, and gets run over.
5. Carbon monoxide seeping into the passenger compartment.
6. Vehicle running over someone hidden in tall grass/under cover.
7. Riding on the vehicle clinging to a unsecure point.
8. Vehicle catches on fire.
9. Vehicle causes a brush fire. (Hot exhaust on dry grass.)
10. Vehicle becomes disabled or stuck in remote location.
11. Vehicle gets lost.
12. Unqualified vehicle operator.
13. Vehicle moving too fast.
14. Airsoft or Smoke grenade is thrown into vehicle.
15. Vehicle destroying property, creating ruts, knocking down trees, etc.

Someone gets hurt, the vehicle operator, vehicle owner, event organizer, and the land owner can all be liable.

Getting charged with "Reckless endangerment" or "Reckless endangerment of a child" and you can face thousands of dollars in lawsuits and incarceration.

///ed///
2,500+ guns repaired.
Blacksmith, Airsoft Armorer
Airsoft Artillery Support ...Radio me a grid...

My version of CQB is leveling the entire building.

#32 ECRRRainman

ECRRRainman
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real Steel shooting, PC gaming

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Jan 18 2011, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice pictures Rainman. What was the deal with the canoe? Were people allowed to shoot at you? Or were you off limits?

Yep, Anyone in the canoe was an active player, although they were staff roleplayers (safety reasons). No one engaged them that scenario since they never found them. But man I would be pissed once I shot them and found out I had to go swimming for the crate they were carrying! a-laugh.gif

QUOTE (m99 sniper @ Jan 18 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ecrrrainman does that 50. cal really work or is it for looks

Fully functional AEG!

#33 m99 sniper

m99 sniper

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

thats so awsome! a 50. cal aeg

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#34 BrotherNick

BrotherNick
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cooking, Hiking, Biking.
  • SOA Name: Nick Font

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

<AT> EliteKnGx That was a fun OP to. Penn yan is one the the best places I have been to.

As for helicopters, the New York National Guard brought this for us to use way back when.

Helicopter

Cheers.
Nick.
Romeo_Delta] 6:20 pm: I just ran a zombie over with my mine cart
[Romeo_Delta] 6:20 pm: HOW DID HE SPAWN THERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users