to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

L96 Hop-Up Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chaotixer

Chaotixer

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

I took apart the hop up recently or I suppose my friend did. When he was done he had these two parts left over. The little black ring I know goes back on the barrel (If you guys could tell me the direction and which side of that little brass ring I would love to know though). My problem is that little brass nub and spring. I have no idea where that goes, and now when my gun fires it curves right pretty bad. The barrel is clean and the barrel is set straight. So I have no idea.

This little sucker.

Any help is appreciated.

Custom M4

#2 lulukchoo23

lulukchoo23

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

IIRC, that black ring.... uhhhh. crap it's been a while. The black ring must go in with the side with a BUMP facing the hop up chamber. The hop up arm must go under this BUMP in the ring, I think. I haven't seen one in a while, but that's what I remember. That ring adjusts the amount of hop I think, if it has an allen type screw. The spring I think goes in a nub in the hop up arm to help provide counter resistance to the ring when you turn the screw on the ring.

The curving problem is probably caused by the fact that you can't adjust hop up without those 2 things hehe.

But really, get a PDI hop up chamber.
http://www.airsoftat..._96_p/66229.htm

You will never have to deal with curving problems again. Read my review on it in the link as well. It's under the description.
"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."
L96 Mag Catch Shim Mod

#3 Chaotixer

Chaotixer

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

No, you're thinking of two different rings and springs. The spring fits onto a tiny brass nub, which I've never seen before. The ring is the tiny one that goes around the barrel, not the bigger one that goes around the hop-up arm. Also, this is the ASR, not the L96. They just use the same hop-up unit.

Custom M4

#4 lulukchoo23

lulukchoo23

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Yeah I know they have the same hop up unit. I haven't ever taken the hop up chamber apart since I junked it a while ago after getting the PDI, so sorry I can't help hehe.
L96 Mag Catch Shim Mod

#5 Chaotixer

Chaotixer

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

Well... Did you just come here to pitch your review? Trust me, if I had the money for the PDI, I'd buy it. But I'm a bit scrapped for cash. Also, the fact that the ASR doesn't take the same triggermech as the L96, so I can't reinforce the sears. So it will never really be an awesome sniper. I'm just planning to put a madbull 6.01 and the Echo 1 Upgrade Kit.

Custom M4

#6 lulukchoo23

lulukchoo23

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Well, no. I don't care what people think about my review. That was a long time ago anyways lol, when I wrote it I mean.

The Madbull barrel is... MEH. It's okay. If you're looking for a budget barrel, I'd say Madbull is a good barrel if you're on an extreme budget, but if not, if you're just limited to like $70, get a PCT inner barrel. They are legendary, but are also quite cheap ($60 I think?).

As for the E1 kit, though E1 kit boosts fps, it will ACCENTUATE (meaning make much higher) the errors in your gun. If it curves about 1 foot right at 450 fps once it goes 75 feet, it's going to curve like 2 feet right at 500+ fps at 75 feet.
Here's an analogy: Say you try to throw a rock at a tree. The tree is about a foot wide, 30 feet away from you. I'm sure you can lob a rock at the tree and maybe hit it half of the time, maybe more. But if you try throwing the rock as hard as you can, odds are, you'll NEVER hit it. Because humans are imperfect. But the more energy we exert, the more mistakes are ACCENTUATED. Another example, you are playing the game OPERATION, the one where you try to remove plastic pieces out of a guys body without touching the edges or his nose buzzes. You can maybe pick it out if you work nice and slow, but if you just try to do it as fast as you can and just jab him and whatnot, odds are you'll NEVER get it.
Errors, all kinds, are accentuated with more energy. Don't get the E1 kit. The stock hop up chamber has too many flaws in it to do you any good, trust me.

Really, you should just save up money and get the PDI, or maybe even an HP hop up chamber, get a decent AEG tightbore barrel like a PCT (not too expensive, but still legendary), and a good AEG bucking. That is going to give you 100 more feet of range than the E1 ever will. Should total near $150, but it's the best money you can spend on your gun.

But even if you can't afford that, the PCT barrel by itself would suffice. It's good enough. The good thing about the PCT is that it works for BOTH the stock E1 hop up chamber AS WELL as the PDI if you ever get it because it has a "universal" cut, unlike other barrels.

Sorry I can't help you with the ring though. Try posting the question in the main sniper forum. Someone there should be able to help. The APS sub-category doesn't get much traffic.
L96 Mag Catch Shim Mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users