to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

My NEW Vietnam Loadout

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

I did a thread for my Vietnam War Loadout a long time ago. Recently, I started a Vietnam Airsoft group with my friends, and with the amount of research I've done since, I have a decent loadout together now. I could have added to my old thread but:

-It's 6 months old
-It doesn't do these photos justice

So, without further addo, my loadout:

Kitlist:

Base:
- Utility Fatigue Shirt or 3rd Pattern Jungle Jacket (I have both, and for colder days I have an M65 Field Jacket)
- Utility Fatigue Pants
- 3rd Type Panama Sole Jungle Boots or MacNamara Boots, however I will probably never again wear the later for gameplay after what happened the last time I wore them.
- M56 Pistol Belt and Suspenders.
- M1 Helmet and Liner or OD Boonie Hat

Web Gear
- x2 M56 Universal Magazine Pouch
- M56 Canteen Pouch
- ALICE? Canteen Pouch (it's some weird thing, it had threads going up and sideways. I just got rid of the sideways ones and it looked like an M67 canteen pouch)
- x2 M56 OD Plastic Canteens
- M56 Butt Pack
- M67 Small First Aid bag
- Case ammunition pouch (for carrying spare ammo)
- Flashlight

Weapon
- Classic Army M16Vn, can't call it an A1 because it's halfway between a M16 and M16a1.
- x5 King Arms M16 short magazines

Soon to come:
- Mitchell Helmet Cover
- M56 Compass Pouch
- 3rd Pattern Jungle Pants
- M56 E-Tool Cover
- M51 E-Tool

Extras:
-MK2 (disabled) Hand Grenade
-M26 (disabled) Hand Grenade
-Viet Cong flag provided by my grandpa.

Comments, critique?

Edited by EWOFairsoft, 22 February 2011 - 09:04 AM.

Shenco Elite Airsoft Team

"Jungle Rot" on the US Militaria Forum and MAAPR.

Have Vietnam War related questions? PM me! I mostly do Vietnam airsoft impressions and can help you find the answer.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#2 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

It looks good but a bit old-fashioned in my opinion.....definetely good if your going to a Vietnam-Style game....LOL.

#3 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

That's why it's a Vietnam loadout... lol. It's for Vietnam Games.

Edited by EWOFairsoft, 21 February 2011 - 09:44 PM.

Have Vietnam War related questions? PM me! I mostly do Vietnam airsoft impressions and can help you find the answer.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#4 Wildman

Wildman
  • Interests:US Army<br />Airsoft<br />360 &amp; PS3

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Your uniform looks like early war, maybe '65/66. A Solid White T-Shirt for the OG-107 Utilities and a solid OD T-Shirt for the Jungle Uniform. Also, not many grunts carried the Shovel and carrier. Also, if there are cat eyes on the helmet band then you need to get another helmet band. Also the 3rd Pattern Panama sole boots come out later in the war, in 68 I think, however the Vibram sole was more common than the Panama sole. I'm going to put one of these together as soon as I get the final touches on my 90's kit, but I found this site to be helpful. Here's a list of most of the equipment, and heres some help for 'the look'.

Edited by Wildman, 21 February 2011 - 09:25 PM.

WTB/WTTF Medium HPC/CVC Cummerbund in Smoke Green, PM me

#5 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

I have an early war and later war impression. The one in the pictures are more early (with the all leather boots and utility fatigues) and the late war isn't pictured, however I will add that eventually. It contains the 3rd Pattern boots and jacket. Helmet band doesn't have cat eyes, I think you see the 'Funk' written on it. I have a OD green t-shirt as well as a white, I didn't put either of those on for the photo.

I understand the vibrams were more common, but they are more expensive. I thought about finding a pair of cheap shoes with vibram soles on the bottom, taking those off. Then, I would take off the soles of the boots and attach the vibrams with shoe goo. I'm not sure if I'll do that or not however. Also, as to the E-tool, it is one of those cool things that I like and would love to add to my loadout, so I'm going to get one.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#6 Wildman

Wildman
  • Interests:US Army<br />Airsoft<br />360 &amp; PS3

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Well I didn't say any of that to hate on your loadout, I actually like it. Just some suggestions from me, but good job. I can tell you did your research. In fact, the guy on the right in this picture is my Dad, and he's my primary source of information.

Edited by Wildman, 21 February 2011 - 09:45 PM.

WTB/WTTF Medium HPC/CVC Cummerbund in Smoke Green, PM me

#7 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

No problem. I didn't mean to come across angry or anything. Thank you, and I thank your dad for his service!

Edited by EWOFairsoft, 22 February 2011 - 09:04 AM.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#8 SilentSnipez

SilentSnipez

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

Nice Gear man! Just a few more things and it'll be perfect!

#9 DocPeligro

DocPeligro
  • Interests:my wife and daughter, death metal, guns, beer

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

The M16 is a sexy girl, but one thing I learned from Black Ops is that it works way better with an ACOG, or maybe a flamethrower attachment. Does anybody know if they make an airsoft flamethrower yet? What is your secondary weapon? I like ballistic knives myself, someone on the board was making some, too.

a-grin.gif a-laugh.gif

For reals though - You need a cooler patch than that. Those guys never left Germany. In fact you should probably get a patch like Wildman's dad.

Edited by DocPeligro, 24 February 2011 - 05:25 PM.

Soldier, you need to turn off that ACOG before the batteries die on you

#10 mountainsniper

mountainsniper
  • Interests:camping<br />shooting<br />PC Gaming<br />airsoft

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Good to see some 'nam kits here! You need a helmet cover though, but other than that it's pretty good from what I can see. If you haven't found us already, you should head on over to vietnam-airsoft.com, plenty of info and stuff on anything Vietnam related a-salute.gif

Also, I am actually making an airsoft ballistic knife, and will hopefully have it finished by Spring so I can kill unsuspecting 12 year olds who think I just have a huge knife a-grin.gif

Edited by mountainsniper, 25 February 2011 - 06:47 PM.

"If it's a fair fight, then something has gone wrong with your plan."-
Armory: A&K M60, CA XM177E2, CYMA AKSU, JG BAR-10, KWA USP Tactical, CQB Master "Alpha", UTG M3 multishot, KWA M4A1 (WIP)
Adirondack Rangers member, TFL-Alpha

#11 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Doc- I realize about the patch, it's my grandpa's jacket so I can't modify it. I have a 4th Infantry patch on my 3rd Pattern jacket, which will be fielded WAY more often then the utility jacket. I'll probably pick a new utility shirt up at my surplus store next time I'm there ($5 FTW).

MS- I am on Vietnam Airsoft! On there I'm 4thInfantryAirsoft. I realize I need the helmet cover, first thing is first though, new battery for my M16 because I bought the wrong one, and now I can't return it because I tried connecting a connector I bought at radio shack so... yeah. Helmet cover will come when possible.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#12 DODcrazy

DODcrazy
  • Interests:Airsoft, paintball, camping, shooting, watching movies, average teenager stuff
  • SOA Name: I don't trade with members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (DocPeligro @ Feb 24 2011, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The M16 is a sexy girl, but one thing I learned from Black Ops is that it works way better with an ACOG, or maybe a flamethrower attachment. Does anybody know if they make an airsoft flamethrower yet? What is your secondary weapon? I like ballistic knives myself, someone on the board was making some, too.

I've got the flamethrower attachment, just pm me if you want the designs. I've also got a airsoft HK g11 but it's really hard to find caseless bbs these days.

#13 Sir. SAW

Sir. SAW
  • Interests:Airsoft, Baseball, Soccer, Skiing, Music, Girls

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

Don't worry, your carrying handle on your M16 just has to dissapear and be replaced by a rail to mount optics. Pretty easy stuff.

#14 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have made the subtitle 'not that black ops (censored)", but the black ops talk probably would've come anyway...

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#15 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

Looks good man. By the way, you're "uncensored" in your signature banner...

(This is my automatic signature content)

#16 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Thank you, I realize that I'm uncensored, the photo is much smaller so I don't care too much because detail is much less.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

#17 EWOFairsoft

EWOFairsoft

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Going to post my jungle/late war loadout in a little bit. I have a few things to do with it before I can show it.

CA M16a1
JG M16a2
Cyma AKM
DE Tri Shot Shotgun
KJW M1911

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users