to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Matrix BAR M1918A2?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 LA2019

LA2019

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

What ever happend with the Matrix Limited Edition Full Metal BAR M1918A2? Is this vapour ware?
"The second place winner is the first place loser".

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

#2 w4rr0ck_h4x0rz

w4rr0ck_h4x0rz
  • Interests:G36's are the best, then AUGs, then Glocks, then vz-61s, then mp5ks, then tec-9s

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

Taken from description:
"Dear Pre-order customers: Due to the world-expo in China, manufacture production and delivery time has been pushed back. We apologize for the delay and please rest assured that Evike.com is working diligently to get the new Limited Edition Matrix BAR to your hands as soon as possible.
All the pre-order buyers will receive additional 3 mid-cap magazine on top of the guarantee to own a Matrix BAR. As all the Chinese manufactures closing down, this may just be your last chance to own a BAR AEG!
We understand the frustration of waiting and we sincerely apologize on behalf of the manufacture and Evike.com for this delay.
Last but not least, all refund requests will be processed immediately if you wish to cancel your pre-order. Simply drop us an email at sales<AT>evike.com with your order number."

#3 psychobunny

psychobunny

That guy. You know. The one with the face.

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Okay from what I know the OEM was supposed to be black bear or something (same company that's making the m240b I think?) but during the china crackdowns I think their molds got destroyed. No idea if they're going to build it again but I would be on no.

My Youtube Channel
^For awesome builds and tech videos!

http://www.airsoftfo...al-t225374.html
^ For the absolute best in accuracy in your AEG.

#4 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Evike pain.gif on my dream. That's what happened to it.

Also, according to evike's customer service monkeys, the gun has been made for almost a year. They are apparently just chillin in some chinese guy's basement waiting to be exported. For some reason, the chinese government superhates the BAR, but is bro's with AK's and all the other BS that's widely available. They can't stand hard to find things like that, I guess.

Edited by jIMMY37, 06 March 2011 - 02:52 PM.

I don't vent, I'm violently honest.

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Nov 7 2011, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't get this one. itll go in and get lost
http://www.khmountai...rsoft/HP006.jpg
trust me, im a gynecologist

#5 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 7 2011, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evike pain.gif on my dream. That's what happened to it.

Also, according to evike's customer service monkeys, the gun has been made for almost a year. They are apparently just chillin in some chinese guy's basement waiting to be exported. For some reason, the chinese government superhates the BAR, but is bro's with AK's and all the other BS that's widely available. They can't stand hard to find things like that, I guess.

Latest news is that end of March release date, nothing have got destroyed just some trouble inside China, lot of crackdowns why things stalled a lot there. Soon it should be here :)

#6 Roger-That!

Roger-That!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:13 AM

Yeah... I doubt we EVER see it. Heard so many stories, and release dates.

#7 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Roger-That! @ Mar 12 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... I doubt we EVER see it. Heard so many stories, and release dates.

You will see it, you just have to understand the situation where Chinese manufacturers are, its not so easy in there as elsewhere, I talked with the factory rep and its coming soon, almost done to make worldwide release.

#8 Roger-That!

Roger-That!

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (frontiers @ Mar 12 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will see it, you just have to understand the situation where Chinese manufacturers are, its not so easy in there as elsewhere, I talked with the factory rep and its coming soon, almost done to make worldwide release.

I do understand the situation. I also see new chinese guns come and go since this was canned. It's been how long now? And they keep saying, "Soon! Soon! China crackdown, and chinese new year, and another crackdown! and it's new year again!"

JG, CYMA, most of the clone companies not only got back on their feet, but are producing and releasing things that were hurt in the crackdown(CM052 anyone?)

#9 starblade54

starblade54

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Frontiers, any news on the MG42?

Edited by starblade54, 12 March 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#10 capone5

capone5
  • Interests:Paintball,Airsoft,MyGirlfriend,My Olds cutlass's and my H1

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Judging by the way the airsoft market is growing and has been in the past the gun will probably come out. Im sure theres an airsoft manufacture other than matrix that has it in their list of guns to make or something......I remember years ago people thought an M14 would never some out...or even an m60 for under a 1000......Just give it a year or 18 months im sure you will be able to find them a plenty.

#11 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (starblade54 @ Mar 13 2011, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frontiers, any news on the MG42?

Nothing new on MG42 but some good news is that AGM is kicking in high gear already, chewing and throwing guns out a lot here :) so I could see them going back to R&D table to make more WW2 guns soon :) they got hit bad before but it takes a while to get back to their feet and they will like Cats with 9 lives a-laugh.gif always get back on their feet.

#12 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Roger-That! @ Mar 12 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do understand the situation. I also see new chinese guns come and go since this was canned. It's been how long now? And they keep saying, "Soon! Soon! China crackdown, and chinese new year, and another crackdown! and it's new year again!"

JG, CYMA, most of the clone companies not only got back on their feet, but are producing and releasing things that were hurt in the crackdown(CM052 anyone?)

CM052 was never hurt in any crackdown, just Cyma had some downtime why they where not around and also there is some wholesalers have stock of many factory guns inside China but cannot send them out always, need a specific time window to get them out as its totally illegal there (Smuggle them out), so you can see false news sometimes some guns come on sale but they have been lot of old stocks made prior to last year already just could not ship out.

#13 sgttom

sgttom
  • Interests:WWII, Military in General, Reenacting, Airsoft, Customizing Airsoft Guns, Movie Making, Writing, acting, weapons, religion, Airsoft, Weight Training, Exercise, and politics.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (frontiers @ Mar 13 2011, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CM052 was never hurt in any crackdown, just Cyma had some downtime why they where not around and also there is some wholesalers have stock of many factory guns inside China but cannot send them out always, need a specific time window to get them out as its totally illegal there (Smuggle them out), so you can see false news sometimes some guns come on sale but they have been lot of old stocks made prior to last year already just could not ship out.

So do you think there is still hope for the B.A.R to come out? Can't wait to see what AGM has in store though. Just got one of their MP44s. It was quite nice!
Leader of

Join Today

#14 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (capone5 @ Mar 12 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sure theres an airsoft manufacture other than matrix that has it in their list of guns to make or something.....

I see you are new to the world of airsoft. Matrix doesn't make a damn thing.

And to any evike monkeys reading this. I'm still waiting.

#15 capone5

capone5
  • Interests:Paintball,Airsoft,MyGirlfriend,My Olds cutlass's and my H1

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 13 2011, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see you are new to the world of airsoft. Matrix doesn't make a damn thing.

yeah man picked up my first gun last night explains the store/field I'm opening, brain-farted for a second happens to everyone regardless go back to playing cod.

#16 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (capone5 @ Mar 13 2011, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah man picked up my first gun last night explains the store/field I'm opening, brain-farted for a second happens to everyone regardless go back to playing cod.

I also see that you are a big man. Well, this is the internet, and many people need to put on their big man pants and act mature. Saying "go back to playing cod" to someone who doesn't even care for the series is kind of silly, don't you think?

Although, I would agree that another company should actually make the BAR. The 1200$ price tag vfc slapped on it was outrageous. The 270$(originally) price evike had on it was much more considerable. Sadly, they've raised it, and of course, never got the bloody thing. They still lied through their teeth time and time again. I was really hoping this presale didn't end the way I expected it to, but it did. I still don't have a BAR. Evike still doesn't listen, nor give a damn about us lowly airsofters. Maybe Cyma or AGM will get around to cloning the BAR and then, maybe, a reputable retailer can get their hands on it.

#17 Puffin

Puffin

I like my beats fast, and my bass down low.

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Dubstep<br />Boxxy<br />Parkour/ Freerunning<br />Music<br />Boxxy<br />and Boxxy.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 13 2011, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although, I would agree that another company should actually make the BAR. The 1200$ price tag vfc slapped on it was outrageous. The 270$(originally) price evike had on it was much more considerable. Sadly, they've raised it, and of course, never got the bloody thing. They still lied through their teeth time and time again. I was really hoping this presale didn't end the way I expected it to, but it did. I still don't have a BAR. Evike still doesn't listen, nor give a damn about us lowly airsofters. Maybe Cyma or AGM will get around to cloning the BAR and then, maybe, a reputable retailer can get their hands on it.

Read Frontier's posts up there.

Expected release, by the end of March.

#18 Romeo_Delta

Romeo_Delta
  • SOA Name: Romeo_Delta

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but why is his word any better than anyone else's?

#19 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

Yea, what RD said.

Last time I heard "end of march" was LAST time the BAR was supposed to come out. So, what's ACTUALLY going on?

#20 Puffin

Puffin

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Dubstep<br />Boxxy<br />Parkour/ Freerunning<br />Music<br />Boxxy<br />and Boxxy.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 13 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but why is his word any better than anyone else's?

Do you not know who Frontiers is?

He lives in China and is in contact with airsoft companies in China. Such as AGM, JG, etc...

#21 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Why didnt they just wait until they had them in there warehouse before lying through there teeth and promising, a wooden, metal, super Really Cool awesome LMG from the 1940's. And what I don't get is why nobody made a custom BAR yet.

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#22 Romeo_Delta

Romeo_Delta

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Puffin @ Mar 13 2011, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you not know who Frontiers is?

He lives in China and is in contact with airsoft companies in China. Such as AGM, JG, etc...

That would be the "Maybe I'm out of the loop here" part of my post. You know who else is in contact with Airsoft companies in China? Retailers.

#23 Puffin

Puffin

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 13 2011, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be the "Maybe I'm out of the loop here" part of my post. You know who else is in contact with Airsoft companies in China? Retailers.

He is in " better " contact from what I've heard. He is really well known on arnies. Tours factories, gets more info etc..

#24 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

Good for him. Where was he last year when the BAR showed up?(or failed to show up)

#25 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Just because he's well known with ACM news doesn't mean he's a forum rat.

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#26 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

So? I'll still say "where was he last year?" This gun "has been made" for almost a year. It's been promised for over a year. What's so special now? He comes in and mentions it? It's been said time and time again that "it's coming out". Still isn't here. So what?

To China: Get this :pain: to us, already. To Evike: Quit lying to us.

#27 Puffin

Puffin

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 13 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So? I'll still say "where was he last year?" This gun "has been made" for almost a year. It's been promised for over a year. What's so special now? He comes in and mentions it? It's been said time and time again that "it's coming out". Still isn't here. So what?

To China: Get this pain.gif to us, already. To Evike: Quit lying to us.

The situation in China has been stopping production of it. He came in and metioned it because someone obviously asked if it's ever going to come out.

#28 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE ( Romeo_Delta @ Mar 14 2011, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a note as you obviously don't have much idea of Airsoft business ;) 99% of all retailers even the bigger ones buy from middle men, from Trading companies such as Shirley toy and Victory gun toys etc... So most of the time they don't get fresh news(and are not in contact directly with factories) as those Trading companies are not interested in making news or getting them, they just want to make money a-laugh.gif Can't blame them though who would not want to make money haha. >Jimmy , hey mate don't be so negative, think more positive thoughts and your wishes might come true more often :). >Puffin , Thanks mate. That's exactly what I just noticed there and thought I'd post what I know of that model :) I hear a lot of talk and see lot of factory people all the time so new models got leaked to me and such pretty often when they are making those and I've been reporting those for last 3 years now mainly in Arnie's though. I came to here at ASF frankly because I felt bit bored in the UK forum haha. I like ASF it has more broader view of things many times on issues.

Edited by frontiers, 13 March 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#29 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (frontiers @ Mar 13 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>Jimmy , hey mate don't be so negative, think more positive thoughts and your wishes might come true more often :).

It's hard to think positively when you get lied to month after month, and day after day. All I wanted was the BAR. After a year, still no BAR. We had a shot show. What was there? Nothing interesting. Bunch of fagpul stuff. Full of old ideas rehashed, and reissued as new. Oh, it's a highpower? Looks like a gbbp stuffed into a hipower shell. Oh, new "glock"? Still old, but with a new shell. Nothing is new. You know what would be new? An affordable, quality, Browning Automatic Rifle. I'd pick myself up a classic BAR, but we aren't all made of money, eh puffin? What's so special about a BAR? It was a real man's weapon. A gun made of wood and steel back when the US wasn't all about invading countries to "democracize" them. We stood for something back then. What we made was good. It wasn't generic stuff, like the interchangeable meh4's we see day in and day out, it was DIFFERENT. I wanted a BAR. All I got were words and empty promises, OH!, and a subpar GBB rifle for the fifty pieces of silver..... That gun was supposed to get to me a year ago. Then eleven and a half months ago. Then eleven months ago. Then ten months ago. Then nine months ago. Then seven months ago. Then five months ago. Christ, even if this thing's guts imploded, it was still a Browning Automatic Rifle. It would be my pride and joy, mounted up on my old ammo crate shelves.

I dug my fingers into a dream, and here I am with dirt under my nails....

#30 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

^this man is understandably mad.

But at the same time chill. Don't get mad at frontiers cause he's just here giving a feed of what's going on in China.

My Youtube Channel

#31 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

If you're whining so much, buy a VFC. Apparently you want a BAR so badly...then cost shouldn't be an issue to you.

Interested in R-Hop's and other custom work? Visit HS5 Armory! https://sites.google.../site/hsarmory/

Need an extremely reliable MOSFET for your AEG? Check out BTC Airsoft! http://www.btcairsoft.com/

#32 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

Silly azn.

And psycho, I know. But in the end, he's telling me to have a stiff upper lip when my jaw is broken.

#33 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 13 2011, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silly azn.

And psycho, I know. But in the end, he's telling me to have a stiff upper lip when my jaw is broken.

mmm very true. But like I said you're understandably mad, and I'm totally with you cause I've been ripped off by Evike and their wonderful customer service. But at the same time not much you can do about the actual supply. Totally justified at getting mad at evike's advertising though.

My Youtube Channel

#34 aznriptide859

aznriptide859

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:56 AM

Well you can't get mad at frontiers...it's not like he runs the companies. Hell other gun manufacturers have been delaying their products for a billion years (just look at the ARES Stoner LMG) - no need to rage at the messenger.

But, Evike does deserve a JDAM up the wazoo for asking for a pre-order when a release date was never even set. They do that a LOT.

#35 frontiers

frontiers

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (aznriptide859 @ Mar 14 2011, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you can't get mad at frontiers...it's not like he runs the companies. Hell other gun manufacturers have been delaying their products for a billion years (just look at the ARES Stoner LMG) - no need to rage at the messenger.

But, Evike does deserve a JDAM up the wazoo for asking for a pre-order when a release date was never even set. They do that a LOT.

Thanks for backing me up, preciate it :) also like G&G where not they like 2 years late on their F2000? I remember on some model they where very late from the actual notification. It happens in this business as we obviously see, But inside China have their own issues because of the goverment there so you have to excuse bit to them, they do their damnest to get the goods for people to outside for reasonable prices but there is high cost for them in safety and security. Lots of good projects been canned in last 3 years just because of goverment interference and for Jimmy, if you are so passionate about it, I would get the VFC if I where you. You know you cannot expect too much from any Chinese product as it cannot be extremely cheap and extremely good, they are cheap for a reason :).

#36 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

Let me say this again: I'M NOT HATING ON THE MESSANGER FOR CHINA OR NOT DELIVERING THE NEWS LAST YEAR. Is this so hard to get?

And I'm not vaingaurd. I don't have disposable income through mysterious means. Believe me, if I could afford a VFC, I would buy a CLASSIC. Like most all Chinese guns, it will be there to work. Like many recent Chinese guns, it will also be of nice, not amazing, but perfectly nice externals.

Being a reasonable individual, I can't justify spending 1200$ on an electric sewing machine. No matter how "great" it is, it still goes pew pew pew.

And azn: they set a date. Early march. Then April. Then may. Then july. Then september. Then they adjusted it to how you see the page now. I think their useless and total :censored2: "garauntee" showed up in May. A lot of good that did..... Promising a lot of nothing with nothing on the side, and an extra helping of nothing.

Edited by jIMMY37, 14 March 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#37 Puffin

Puffin

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 14 2011, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me say this again: I'M NOT HATING ON THE MESSANGER FOR CHINA OR NOT DELIVERING THE NEWS LAST YEAR. Is this so hard to get?

And I'm not vaingaurd. I don't have disposable income through mysterious means. Believe me, if I could afford a VFC, I would buy a CLASSIC. Like most all Chinese guns, it will be there to work. Like many recent Chinese guns, it will also be of nice, not amazing, but perfectly nice externals.

Being a reasonable individual, I can't justify spending 1200$ on an electric sewing machine. No matter how "great" it is, it still goes pew pew pew.

And azn: they set a date. Early march. Then April. Then may. Then july. Then september. Then they adjusted it to how you see the page now.

Patience. I bought the VFC BAR a year or 2 ago. Wish I could of enjoyed it, but Evike sent me it with a broken gas tube, broken stock, non working internals, and the barrel slides off. Then they blame me for the damage so no refund.

#38 Romeo_Delta

Romeo_Delta

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Puffin @ Mar 14 2011, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Patience.

Lol, are you trying to get him to have a complete meltdown in this thread?

#39 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

What RD said. "good thoughts" and "patience" is just....no.

I WAS patient. I WAS reasonable. I've said this time and time again: I'm a reasonable individual until the situation becomes unreasonable.

Puffin, I remember that. Remember how I asked about it? That is just disgusting what happened. In the end, what doesthat have to do with patience, or a Chinese BAR?

#40 Puffin

Puffin

• Elite
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 14 2011, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What RD said. "good thoughts" and "patience" is just....no.
I WAS patient. I WAS reasonable.
Puffin, I remember that. Remember how I asked about it? That is just disgusting what happened. In the end, what doesthat have to do with patience, or a Chinese BAR?

My bad.

Anyways, since I've had the BAR, I've wanted another since the VFC was just so cool. Even broken, I loved it. I've been waiting a year or two for it, since I heard about it. Even though it kept being delayed, I just ignored it. I bought other guns, and focused on something other than that. In the end, it's a toy gun, and other things can make me forgot about it completly, until I hear about it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users